DVDVR Message Board

May 2022 WRESTLING PICS AND GIFS

16 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Awesome.  This middle school has a wrestling club and Sasha stopped by to hang out.

I strongly suggest avoiding this video if you are wearing earbuds.

21 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

lol, this ad popped up in my Twitter feed (that’s what they all say) and I laughed way too hard when I realized the guys looks like Adam Cole to me.

My first thought was Dr. Wagner Jr.

21 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Cody in Hell

20220512_175611-jpg.122289

What is up with Cody's face in that pic?  Too much Photoshop?  He looks like a fake Cody who'd work for one of those sketchy UK tribute wrestling companies.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, AxB said:

We are going to have to save Darby and Sammy from themselves. I get wanting to give the fans something memorable,  but save it for a big moment. Don't give us the expectation that we may see this type of thing every other Wednesday. 

• Like 3

Some more gifs from the Ben Chemoul/Bordes vs Viracocha/Tejero match. When the smoke is cleared and we have a full understanding of the French footage, Ben Chemoul/Bordes will go down as one of the best tag teams of all time. I'm sure of that. Likewise, I'm sure we'll have a much better idea of the talent of a slew of Peruvian wrestlers of the 50s-70s. Tejero here is like a quasi-Brazo in his basing and bumping.

Anyway, this spot 100% popped the crowd huge, as they got the ref involved. Note, once again the full nelson ripcord movement to get them in position. It's a shockingly great entry point into things like mares or side slams:

WPvVDo.gif

Hey look, Bordes did the Bret bump and the announcer didn't even go on about how he ran into the corner violently:

qQ51yp.gif

• Like 6

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

We are going to have to save Darby and Sammy from themselves. I get wanting to give the fans something memorable,  but save it for a big moment. Don't give us the expectation that we may see this type of thing every other Wednesday. 

I think it's a good thing that we've stopped looking at wrestlers as pieces of meat whose sole purpose is to entertain us, damage to their bodies and brains be damned. 

That said, I think Darby would be doing waaaay crazier and more dangerous stuff if he wasn't doing these things in a wrestling ring week in and week out, so I don't worry about him as much.

• Like 3

The "dregs" of the Peruvians vs Ben Chemoul/Bordes match

Bordes taking a catapult out of the ring onto his face on the floor:

XQwJXv.gif

And about six minutes later, Tejero tries it on him again but he's ready this time! Just a great spot and a great bump and a great callback within the match. And even that ducked haymaker is so visually interesting. This stuff is so good.

08pxo5.gif

• Like 6