DVDVR Message Board

2022 NHL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I can think of one team that could use the help on D.

Other rumours going around is that the Jets are talking to the Habs about moving Pierre Luc Dubois. I can't see him signing here long term and he had a nice bounce back year, so I guess this would be the time to pull the trigger

Bryan Marchment has passed away.   He was 53.  

tn2fr3tzn1a91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

In related news, his son Mason will probably not be re-signing with Florida.  He's looking for a big payday and has probably earned one, but FL's cap situation won't allow him to stay. 

1 hour ago, elizium said:

Andrew Copp signs with the Red Wings. @Tabe you're gonna love him

I know the name but can't picture the player. I appreciate the news, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing him in the winged wheel. 

Top 6 forward, defensively responsible, but can drive play and provide offence (probably tops out as a 60 point player). Great on the PK, good for a second PP unit. Can play wing or centre and can be trusted during the last few minutes of a game.

Best role is riding shotgun with offensively skilled players, chipping in offensively and covering up weaknesses in the defensive zone.

Was ready for a top 6 role in Winnipeg the last 4 years, but Maurice was so set on who his guys were, that he didn’t get there until the last couple seasons. Looked fantastic for the Rangers during their run 

e: this was obvs a response to @Tabe but @RIPPA slipped in a post while I was typing it up

Edited by elizium
  • Like 1

Being one of the few teams with 20+ million of cap space paid off for Detroit today.

Jets still need to trade some guys away. Draft was good, but everything else has pretty much stunk this offseason.

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

Detroit is signing guys left and right. I guess seeing his team give up 10+ goals 5000 times last years pissed off Stevie Y. 

To follow up on this point, Detroit has signed 7 guys. And that doesn't include the goalie we just got a couple days ago. Big-time housecleaning in effect in Motown. 

14 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Being one of the few teams with 20+ million of cap space paid off for Detroit today.

Jets still need to trade some guys away. Draft was good, but everything else has pretty much stunk this offseason.

I’m worried that Bowness is going to want them to sign a bunch of cheap veterans to clog up the 3rd and 4th lines.

I’d rather run with guys like Harkins and Barron in those roles, get them minutes, let them grow (and fuck up) and not delay their development by having them bounce around, only get a handful of minutes a game, and get regularly scratched

• Like 1