DVDVR Message Board

2022 NHL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Expect Rick Tocchet to be the next Stars coach as reportedly, Dallas was gonna fire Bowness at the All Star Break and hire Tocchet but the deal fell through

Perfect example of how the NHL simply doesn't care about player safety in today's Florida/Tampa game.  Tampa guy cross checks Florida from behind into the boards from about 6 feet from the boards.  It's a miracle Florida guy wasn't BADLY injured.  Commentators calling for 5-minute major, game misconduct, and long suspension.  Keith Jones ready to climb over the boards from his commentary spot and fight someone himself.  Wildly reckless and dangerous hit.  Rules analyst - har har - Don Koharski says it's a 5 & a game penalty.  

Referees?  2-minute minor.  

Completely ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update: Brandon Hagel - the Tampa guy who crosschecked the Florida guy into the boards - got a fine of $3750 for his actions.

Might as well just say it's open season on guys if that's all the punishment a wildly dangerous hit is going to generate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Isn't Trotz getting paid something like $4 mil for the last year on his contract? If I was him I'd get paid and field offers next summer.

If the Florida job became available...   You would not take the keys to a fully loaded Ferrari?   

(I mean, yeah, it stalled out at the end, but... come on.)  

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Possibly. But I'm sure there will be similar jobs available next year. Sit back, recharge, get paid, and be the focus of a nutty bidding war in 2023. $4 mil is $4 mil lol.

Word going around in Isles circles is that Lou yeeted him because he wouldn't commit to an extension and it's thought he wants to be closer to home (ie: The Peg) due to family reasons. Also done as a preemptive strike to keep Lane Lambert.

Since they are out of lying season - the Capitals have announced that Tom Wilson, who during the playoffs they kept saying was day to day, tore his ACL

One of the Detroit idiots yesterday posted a list of Red Wings coaching candidates and said the Wings were looking at Mike Babcock.  *I* have a better shot at the job than Babcock.  Good lord.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bruins have fired Bruce Cassidy because apparently they hate going to the playoffs or something

Yeah, I don't quite understand the firing.  They don't have a Stanley Cup roster and they lost in 7 in the first round to a better team.  Not sure how that's the coach's fault.  

Reports were out that Johnny Gaudreau had signed a long term extension with Calgary (8/9.5).   

Well, his agent just said that whoever reported this is full of it.