DVDVR Message Board

2022 NHL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

The Red Wings will not be renewing Jeff Blashill's contract

The NHLPA has formally voted to start the process of replacing Donald Fehr as head of the PA (Fehr will remain until a successor is picked)

Thank fucking Crisco. Huddy has been here since the beginning and the defence has been terrible that entire time. Dustin Byfuglien isn't around anymore to cover up the shortcomings. He should have been gone years ago, but the overhaul of the D this year leading to no improvement was especially damning

I don't know how legit Seravalli is but it was retweeted by Murat Ates, who is the main Jets beat reporter

e: Flaherty staying is good, as you want to keep Hellebuyck happy and it's obviously working with one Vezina and another nom. Really need to work on his stickhandling and decision making with the puck tho, mostly so that when I call my dad to talk about the Jets I don't get the same 20 minute rant about Hellebuyck's decisions behind the net

Edited by elizium
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

All the teams with vacancies should make a run at Trotz, and Las Vegas should probably push DeBoer aside to go after Trotz as well.

Winnipeg makes all the sense in the world for numerous reasons which means it almost certainly won't happen.

14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Hart Trophy finalists are Auston Mathews, Connor McDavid, and Igor Shesterkin.  

No Hubie or Barkov makes me ?  

You can make a case for Huberdeau but there's no argument for Barkov to be in the top 3.  

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The Islanders have hired longtime Barry Trotz assistant Lane Lambert as HC to replace... Barry Trotz

Interesting.  Lambert was widely discussed as maybe the top candidate for the Detroit job.  Lambert and Steve Yzerman were teammates in Detroit.  

The Florida Panthers have announced next season they are going to go with SeatGeek as their exclusive ticketing agent. 

They're the first team to break away from Ticketmaster.  

I was talking with some friends about hockey and how I used to dig the Canadiens as my team in the east when the Canucks inevitably were eliminated from about 2004-2014 or so. That got me thinking of why and then I remembered...

Alexei Kovalev.

This shift:

Iciest man alive. Him deking that Bruin out at centre ice with his helmet off and the hair flowing like he's Guy Lafleur will forever be etched in my memory.

Which brought me to this:

#4 he nutmegs MacInnis, makes him look a fool, and then snipes over Fuhr's shoulder. Numbers 2 and 1 are ridiculous particularly when you look at who he did it against.

Then I saw a clip of Mike Rupp telling a story about how after practice, Kovalev would stand in the corner and sauce pucks along the crossbar like he's skipping stones on water. Then there's of course the classic 5 minute shift in NY with Keenan where he thought he was being rewarded instead of punished. He drew two penalties and scored a goal.

What a legend. Dude looked like he never got out of second gear and not once gave a shit. Beauty.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

Kypreos tells a story of Keenan taking the five Russians the Rangers had into his office and yelling at them about all the reasons why Cherry hated them in an attempt to fire them up. At that point no Russian had won a cup yet. Zubov comes out and sits in his stall besides Kypreos and asks him, "who is this Don Cherry he's talking about?"

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jiji said:

Kypreos tells a story of Keenan taking the five Russians the Rangers had into his office and yelling at them about all the reasons why Cherry hated them in an attempt to fire them up. At that point no Russian had won a cup yet. Zubov comes out and sits in his stall besides Kypreos and asks him, "who is this Don Cherry he's talking about?"

The ironic part: Zubov was a guy Don pointed to as a Russian player he liked and respected.

4 hours ago, Jiji said:

Impossible not to appreciate that guy. Incredible player that seemed to always go under the radar because of how composed and steady he was.

He was kind of a second-tier Nicklas Lidstrom.  Not going to blow up anybody up with a bodycheck, not going to fight people, and so on.  But always in the right position and very talented offensively.  And he's in the HOF so, yeah, incredible player.