DVDVR Message Board

WHO SHOULD AEW STEAL FROM IMPACT!?

DEAN

Whom should AEW steal from IMPACT!?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Whom should AEW steal from IMPACT!?

• DEONNA PURRAZZO
    • W MORRISEY
    • JOSH ALEXANDER
    • JONAH
    • LATE ADDITION! MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS!

7 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I'll have them both.  

Curious who you think is being wasted on Dark?  The Dark Order?  The Private Party?  Brock/Lee?  The Blondes?  The majority of the Women's roster who badly need the reps - many of whom aren't exactly ready for regular feature in prime time.  Here's a link to the AEW roster for reference.

Honestly there's a number of people who pretty much only make tv to job. Private Party you mentioned but you have The Acclaimed, Bear Country, Angelico, Colt Cobana is a vet that they could be using, Preston Vance , Penelope Ford, Butcher and Blade, and I feel like people are high on JD Drake. I'd like to see any of those people get a run in a serious program before adding in more pieces. Plus you have the "young Lions" like Brock, Lee, other Lee, Top Flight and The Blondes

The easy answer is Deonna.  In my heart, I want to see Josh Alexander drop people on their heads in the mid-card. 

Hopefully once they are done passing the TNT title back and forth between Sammy and Scorpio Sky, Miro will come back and kill his way to the belt and we can get Miro vs. Josh Alexander for a championship on PPV somewhere down the line.

A roster with Wardlow, The Butcher, Miro, Josh Alexander, Keith Lee, Lance Archer, and Moose would be like the pro wrestling version of Destroy All Monsters.

AEW needs to snipe Alex Hammerstone from MLW before the WWE does.  That is the thing that needs to happen.  Or maybe Hammerstone needs to go to NXT and feud with the Steiner boy.  I cannot decide.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, SturmCRF said:

I don't like all this Miro TNT Championship talk I keep seeing. When he comes back he should demolish everything in his path and become World Champion. 

Miro should unify the belts really and then he and Josh Alexander should smash an entire building to pieces trying to murder each other over the most prestigious championship in all of sports.

In normal times, evil should be fought by good, but in times like this, well, it should be fought by another kind of evil

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, zendragon said:

Honestly there's a number of people who pretty much only make tv to job. Private Party you mentioned but you have The Acclaimed, Bear Country, Angelico, Colt Cobana is a vet that they could be using, Preston Vance , Penelope Ford, Butcher and Blade, and I feel like people are high on JD Drake. I'd like to see any of those people get a run in a serious program before adding in more pieces. Plus you have the "young Lions" like Brock, Lee, other Lee, Top Flight and The Blondes

I dig all those names just fine, but having a lower tier card to do TV jobs and develop underneath is not at all accurate to suggest as misused or wasted talent.  It's how AEW moves forth without constant 50/50 booking.  The wrestlers ready to move up like Top Flight and the Acclaimed are clearly being positioned similarily to how the original pillars were.  Losing while gaining experience and building their profile.  And no doubt moving up the card when the time is right.  Building to and having fans want to see Bowens/Caster get a big win is smart booking.  A lot of ppl forget how guys like Sammy, Darby and Jungle Boy started out.  Anyway, point being, the bloated roster theory, or idea that there's all this talent being misused, is a pretty empty argument.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, zendragon said:

You don't even need to stick to the Dark crew to point to people who sign up and are immediately underutilized either. Slim pickings out there on AEW TV for people who want to see Buddy Matthews wrestle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyWhioux said:

well, my answer just announced a sabbatical so I'm gonna have to re-ponder this one for a while

Who is going on sabbatical?

1 minute ago, DEAN said:

Who is going on sabbatical?

oh, no one on the official poll (that I know of), just the write-in candidate everybody could predict I would've written in.

• Like 4

Deonna for all the reasons already mentioned, though having her there wouldn't really change things unless the women's division is competently booked and given proper treatment. Is Sara Del Rey still with NXT? After the big kerfluffle with Allison Danger, she's also someone I'd consider bringing in to help run the AEW women's division.

I like the MCMGs but would rather see Alex Shelley get a singles push in ROH. In the height of Generation Next's run I was hoping he would get a world title run.

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Deonna for all the reasons already mentioned, though having her there wouldn't really change things unless the women's division is competently booked and given proper treatment. Is Sara Del Rey still with NXT? After the big kerfluffle with Allison Danger, she's also someone I'd consider bringing in to help run the AEW women's division.

I like the MCMGs but would rather see Alex Shelley get a singles push in ROH. In the height of Generation Next's run I was hoping he would get a world title run.

Shelley was supposedly going to be the one to de-throne Samoa Joe at Final Battle '04, but his TNA commitment led to Gabe's decision to put the title on Austin Aries. 

My vote went to the Motor City Machine Guns. I'd love to see them going after either the AEW or ROH tag titles. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I dig all those names just fine, but having a lower tier card to do TV jobs and develop underneath is not at all accurate to suggest as misused or wasted talent.  It's how AEW moves forth without constant 50/50 booking.  The wrestlers ready to move up like Top Flight and the Acclaimed are clearly being positioned similarily to how the original pillars were.  Losing while gaining experience and building their profile.  And no doubt moving up the card when the time is right.  Building to and having fans want to see Bowens/Caster get a big win is smart booking.  A lot of ppl forget how guys like Sammy, Darby and Jungle Boy started out.  Anyway, point being, the bloated roster theory, or idea that there's all this talent being misused, is a pretty empty argument.  

I don't disagree with you, but I would still be more interested in finding something to do with the talent that they do have instead of TK greedily rubbing his hands together at thought of raiding Impact

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

I don't disagree with you, but I would still be more interested in finding something to do with the talent that they do have instead of TK greedily rubbing his hands together at thought of raiding Impact

I have a good feeling that at least a few of the names you mentioned will find themselves in a more prominent position if or when the new ROH weekly TV starts running.  

• Like 2

On 4/29/2022 at 7:09 PM, Technico Support said:

I like Alexander but that headgear looks dumb.

Yeah, I thought he was just wearing headphones to the ring and thought that was ok, but then I saw it was a headgear that was actually on during matches, too and was like "Aw, shit!"

• Like 1

Does Rick Steiner mean nothing to you?

One of my favourite Ventura/Schiavone interactions was when Jesse was talking about how Rick wearing the headgear was stupid, and Tony asked him why. And Jesse said “What, like getting Cauliflower ears is going to make that guy ugly?”

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Does Rick Steiner mean nothing to you?

One of my favourite Ventura/Schiavone interactions was when Jesse was talking about how Rick wearing the headgear was stupid, and Tony asked him why. And Jesse said “What, like getting Cauliflower ears is going to make that guy ugly?”

I guess it was Rick's handlebar moustache that helped to pull that headgear look off. A bald head without facial hair doesn't exactly lend itself to a varsity style headgear. Too bad for the Walking Weapon.

• Like 1