WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON? - Dynamite - 4/27/2022

DEAN

WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which team are you on?

• Cash Wheeler (Mullet)
    • Dax Harwood (Bald)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2022 at 08:51 AM

3 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I love Punk/Hangman as a big main event because for the first time…ever? I’m not sure who will win the AEW title. Feels like that title has had a well written but clear story all the way from All Out 1 to now, and now I can’t wait to see what happens. 

Maybe Cody/Jericho had some doubt in it. But not like this one IMO.

As mentioned, it was questionable how Page would escape those Danielson bouts, but you're mostly right there.  I wonder if more defenses might help with that.

3 hours ago, Jamal said:

You can have Deeb and Shida have a water balloon fight with each other and I would probably still love it. Good match with the right woman winning. Shida doesn't need the win. She's long been solidified but this helps sell Deeb as the next threat to Thunder Rosa. Let's gooooooooo! 

Deeb's gonna give Rosa her best non-plunder match to date, but sadly I don't see her winning.  I don't think there's anybody I'd rather see with a title and top spot than Deeb.  This division could really improve it's consistency and credibility having Deeber on top.  That said, the Champions seem to fight a lot less on TV, so whatever role gets Deeb on TV more is the one I want for her. 

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

I agreed with a lot of what you said (that I snipped) but I had this exact same thought last night. Ricky Starks is a future superstar, they should be using Cole to build and put over guys like him.  

I'm all for Ricky Starks ascention, but Adam Cole is, regardless of the vocal IWC critics, a major player in this company.  I have a hard time seeing him becoming an upper card enhancement talent any time soon.  He's clearly way over and at his age will be treated like a mega star for many years to come.  I'm not resisting any of the inevitable - seeing as he's a fantastic promo/character, and consistent (if, sure, a bit repetitious) in ring.  Listen to TK's press some time and it'll confirm that Cole is one of his clear favorites and has a bright, bright future.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I forgot to mention the BRUTAL goose egg Deeb had growing under her eye after the match.  Damn.

When Shida was "blind" and grabbed the kendo stick, she grabbed the wrong end and cracked Deeb with the handle. Was that what caused it?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I forgot to mention the BRUTAL goose egg Deeb had growing under her eye after the match.  Damn.

Backstage picture Serena Deeb uploaded 24 minutes ago. In spoiler tags, you'll see why:

Spoiler

Oww.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

Shida wearing a white top and clearing the powder to the eyes by pouring water on herself could have been risky. Or risqué. Either way.

• Haha 3

Bwahahahahahaha I totally forgot about this until someone posted it on Reddit. This shit was up there with nL's Chocolate Drop:

I'm fucking dying laughing and wondering if anything like this happens between the JAS and Eddie's group.

Man, at the time, TNA sure sucked. But in hindsight, it's fucking hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agreed with whoever said Deeb could do with her very own Paul Heyman. To me, she is the best WRESTLER in the women's division, thus she should go over Thunder. But that is unlikely to happen because unfortunately it's mostly appreciative crickets when she's out there. With the right mouthpiece though she could be the female Bret.

• Like 3

FTR match was great - second week in a row with a great wrestling match, no gimmicks to start the show that had a great back story and was very, very well executed. Makes me love Wednesday nights. Wardlow-Archer - what great big men feast. Vintage Mid-South OMG-Terry Gordy stuff. Archer sold his tail off and Wardlow worked hard. Thing of beauty. The eventual MJF-Wardlow match is going to be crazy good. 

BUT - the ladder match was just not good. The interference, while it made sense in the story line , really took some of the shine off. The worse was the fake barb wire. No way both of them hit that bard wire for real and come away with no puncture marks, or blood. Sky did sell it at least. Sammy no selling the bard wire spot to me is just terrible. I know it was a timing issue, but that's when you have to go ok, we are going to not do this. The whole match was over scripted, and rushed. 

The last two dynamites are having at least one match too much/one segment too much. This week - the whole elite 5 man was the obvious cut. 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Forget hindsight: Impact was pretty great while that LAX-LAX feud was happening. 

Oh yeah, you know what, that was like one of the bright spots of Impact at that time. I remember digging that whole storyline that lead up to the big street fight.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh yeah, you know what, that was like one of the bright spots of Impact at that time. I remember digging that whole storyline that lead up to the big street fight.

I haven't kept up with Impact in quite some time but I managed to randomly catch this recently on their Pluto channel recently and thought it was excellent too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chriskbrown50 said:

Sammy no selling the bard wire spot to me is just terrible. I know it was a timing issue, but that's when you have to go ok, we are going to not do this. The whole match was over scripted, and rushed. 

Was it a timing issue or just an interesting choice? Because he did the same shit in the Cody ladder match after a big bump, and at the time, I kinda defended it in the sense that it didn't ruin the preceding 10-15 mins of match for me. In this case, it feels deliberate, like they thought the fake out would aid the finish - but either way, I can't get behind it on this go round. In the plunder hierarchy, barbed wire, tacks, and fire should always mean figurative death IMO*

*Unless you're Terry Funk, Mick Foley, or Sabu

• Like 4

I'm chalking up Sammy popping back up after the barbed wire spot to timing. They had less than 13 minutes for the main event, which included a commercial break in between, plus adding in shenanigans with Tay and PVZ. Someone mentioned needing to cut a match from the show and I pretty much agree. Or cut a segment. The only segment I could think of was the JAS stuff, but that had that cool moment between Eddie and Jericho and then Eddie took a fireball to the face, so maybe you don't cut that. Maybe move the House of Black and Death Triangle segment to Rampage?

The Eddie/P+P/JAS stuff could've just been the backstage and fireball and it would've been fine. The entire in-ring thing wasn't needed. 

I didn't finish the show because I'm a tired human, but yeah, mostly a good buncha goodness. 

51 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Maybe move the House of Black and Death Triangle segment to Rampage?

or RoH?

The Undisputed Elite segment backstage was the clear choice to be cut or moved to Friday.

• Like 2

It pains me to say, because the last thing we need is less women on the show, but I'd have cut the Britt/Hayter/Toni/Ruby segment. Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but to me it was way too similar to the two Hayter/Toni interviews we've had already, and they really should not have used the phrase "no physicality" prior to the entire JAS/LAX segment being built around the same phrase/concept

• Like 4

I think the Jericho in ring segments happen so much because they know that Jericho and his song are an easy pop.

But they need to get people doing in-ring promos out of the WWE “20 minutes of talk” mindset.