WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON? - Dynamite - 4/27/2022

DEAN

WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which team are you on?

• Cash Wheeler (Mullet)
    • Dax Harwood (Bald)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2022 at 08:51 AM

Sammy/Scorp: jesus will this feud just end?  Sammy has been in the TNT title picture for over seven months now, and nobody cares about Scorpio.  In a perfect world, we do another lights out/lights on and someone interesting climbs the ladder and takes the belt.

Dax vs Cash: the real main event

Archer vs Wardlow: angle advancement match in which Archer continues to settle into his fine role of "monster who jobs to guys who need to beat a monster"

Deeb vs Shida: a really smart person here (sorry, I can't remember who) pointed out that TK only knows how to blow off a women's feud one way.  These two are talented enough to not need smoke and mirrors.

The 10 man should be fun, as AEW multiman matches usually are.

Jericho Appreciation Society Town Hall, for fuck's sake.

I'm bitching a lot here but watch it be an awesome show.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Sammy/Scorp: jesus will this feud just end?  Sammy has been in the TNT title picture for over seven months now, and nobody cares about Scorpio.  In a perfect world, we do another lights out/lights on and someone interesting climbs the ladder and takes the belt.

It's time for Miro to come back and reclaim.

• Like 4

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON? - Dynamite - 4/27/2022
49 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

My preference being "whatever makes people be as weird as possible about Sammy," I hope his next defense is against Ethan Page. 

I kind of wondered after last week if we're heading toward a reunited SCU vs. Ethan Page/a partner

• Like 2

16 hours ago, The Natural said:

FRS41iqXwAE6bng?format=jpg&name=small

Here's hoping this unnecessary-overlong Shida-Deeb feud finally comes to an end tonight.  Deeber's needed for fresh match-ups.  Hoping this last battle exceeds expectations.  I say exceeds because I worry this is gonna be dumb plunder like trash cans (ugh) and trash can lids (uggghhh), and get in the way of them actually wrestling.  I think I might hate 'street fights'.  I also don't care about the 10 man, but I'm willing to be surprised.  Maybe Brock Anderson will step it up tonight.  Speaking of blah, JAS town hall announced.  I'll drop the complaint if 'Daddy Magic' Matt Minard is allowed to lead this one and go all Captain Lou on the Philly crowd.  Small complaints aside, Archer-Wardlaw (Hogan style there) could be a darkhorse fantastic battle of the B'woe'HE'moths (Steven Wright style here).  I have little doubt that Sammy-Sky won't be insanity and fun.  And Dax-Cash is what wrestling dreams are made of.  Here we go.  

Oh, and can we will some House of Black and a pair of promos from Ethan 'Mad Dad' Page and the excellent trio of Lethal-Dutt and Satnam Singh!?  And not will in more Danhausen-Hook?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Here's hoping this unnecessary-overlong Shida-Deeb feud finally comes to an end tonight.  Deeber's needed for fresh match-ups. 

Agreed Deeb is sorely needed elsewhere on the card, but on your second point: it probably seems overlong because they have dropped it for weeks at a time in the most infuriating fashion. I figured someone was hurt, or Shida was stuck in Japan or something

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (BP) said:

My heart’s going to break if BCC doesn’t poach Comoroto. 

"Popular request from the fans."

Did anyone seriously request that except for us? Is this a AEW Dark Watching DVDVR Board Request?

• Like 2

HERE WE GO!  Yeah yeah yeah start punching each other already.  Oh yeah!  Now we're talking.  Jesus, Harwood lays it in and hits a GIANT Superplex!  They beat the hell out of each other in Picture In Picture.  Then Giant Nearfall after Giant Nearfall.  Oh man, Harwood should have slapped on the Sharpshooter.  WHAT WOULD TENRYU DO?!?  That was good.  AWESOME!  BLACKPOOL COMBAT CLUB!  Wheeler Yuta is over in Philadelphia.  BATTER THE GRANNY!  Nick Comoroto is awesome.  QT hits a sweet kneedrop during PinP.  BIG STRONG HORRIBLE MEN!  There is nobody better than Lord Regal.  GREAT fucking finish.  Oh man,  the Blackpool Combat Club are so awesome.  Oh man, Ruby Soho and Toni Storm versus Britt Baker and Jamie Hayter will be good.  Lance Archer does the weekly Into The Frame move with the tope onto the Security detail. Archer with the Ultimate Fatboy toprope middle Moonsault.  Wardlow does a Pre-2022 Swanton!   WARDLOW WINS!  That was awesome.  Lance Archer rules.  Eddie Kingston is fun ON THE STICK!  Serena Deeb is from Oakton,  that's the outskirts of Northern Virginia.  Hikaru Shida DRESSES FOR A DEATHMATCH!  And for teenage boys to go blind!   Serena spindles the knee of Shida in PinP.  I'm wondering how they will match the giant moves of the Wardlow/Archer match.  THUMBTACKS!  No it's powder.  H2O! H2O! This match is good!  WOW!  I wasn;t expecting that finish.  That was good.  HEY! REY RENIX IS BACK!  SWEET TRIPLE TOPE CON HILO!  YAAY!  PAC IS BACK!  Fun.  BRANDON CUTLER~!  Lee Johnson challenges Dante Martin in a contest of who can get the most air... AND WINS!   The Under Thirty Faces are STANDING TALL!  They beat the crud out of Brock Anderson in PinP.   The Under 30 Babyfaces are no longer standing tall.  JERICHO THROWS A FIREBALL!  So Eddie Kingston has been watching Memphis this week.  Jesus, Rampage looks loaded.  Dynamite looks strange.  Bobby Fish versus Jeff Hardy?  Sure! Why not?  Deonna Purrazzo will be awesome.  Sammy and Tay are BRINGING THE YOUTHFUL LUSTFUL EXUBERANCE THAT MAKES ALL THE MARkS JEALOUS!  Sammy Guevara has had a week to figure out a few ways to nearly kill himself.  He kills himself early with a Spinning Flipping Tumbling thing to nowhere in particular.  Then we go to PinP.  Awesome!  LAdder to ladder Stone Cold Cutter!  Standing Spanish Fly in the BARBED WIRE LADDER!  They use the ladder match to set up the Mixed Gender match!  This is awesome.  GREAT FUCKING FINISH!  THAT;S HOW YOU GET SCORPIO SKY OVER.  That was fucking awesome.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

FRZATESakAA0vWc?format=jpg&name=large

Bret Hart references in Dax Harwood vs. Cash Wheeler:

Armbar with kick to the face (Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart. WrestleMania X.)

Cash grabbing his knee after landing on it falling outside the ring (Hart vs. Hart, WrestleMania X).

Victory Roll counter (Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart at WrestleMania X).

Using the turnbuckle to escape a hold (Hart vs. Piper. WrestleMania VIII and Hart vs. Austin from Survivor Series 1996).

Piledriver.

Top rope superplex.

Sunset flip counter (Finish to Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog, SummerSlam 1992).

Small package reversal (Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect, King of the Ring 1993 finish).

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

things I can remember from this card

multiple multi-multiman tag matches with Bryan/Mox/Yuta going over, and also the Elite going over.

Sammy is no longer the champion but did an absurd fall. Also there's a barb wire ladder for some reason.

Kingston/Santana/Ortiz keep getting beat down 5 on 3

Julia Hart is still with the Varsity Blonds

The House of Black did stuff and Fenix is back?

Dax won the battle of the FTR

Deeb won. Britt Baker was backstage.

I guess bringing in Big Cass isn't such a big deal that you gotta keep it secret for a week

• Like 2

Did they hand out bags of sedatives to everyone in the crowd? That might have been the deadest AEW crowd in recent memory, and in PHILLY no less. Really weird, and it wasn't like it was a bad show.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

nothing else matters guys, Big fuckin' Cass is debuting next week.

At least it's to job to Wardlow. Hopefully, it's a quick squash. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At least it's to job to Wardlow. Hopefully, it's a quick squash. 

He's won me over in IMPACT!  He is not horrible.

• Like 4

Yeah, I'm fine with Big Cass coming in for a one shot. He had his demons, and is trying to get over them - that's commendable. And it's not like this Big Cass is the Cass we last saw in WWE, dude was fuckin' shredded last time I saw a picture of him.