DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 4/15/2022

7 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

And here we go.

If there was a t-shirt with Adam Cole's head wrapped in barbed wire on the front and a Wrestling Jesus, Bay Bay! logo on the back, I would totally buy that shit and get kicked out of the church.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

re-watching the BCC-Gunn Club match... Underrrated BOSS moment. Yuta with the folded arms and neck bridge on the submission hold with a "I can do this all day" smirk on his face.

Ruby Soho's Sister Abigail-alike has so much torque that it looks EXTRA hurty.

And the degeneration of Adam Page into a violent SOB continues. Plasma was needed, and boy howdy was it here. Nowhere near as much as Yuta, (is that match going into way of the blade 2?). Has it already been five months with Adam Page as champ?

I hate that every Adam Cole match has to have the big cinematic talkie moment

but yeah, the barbed wire deadeye. Ow.

• Like 7

Only thing I wish they did different was to let the moment sink in for at least 15sec after Hangman put the barbwire crown on Cole so we could get a good visual of it before the finish. Get a shirt out of it probably.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 3

I enjoyed Adam Page/Adam Cole considering what I think about Cole. Do think it's the weakest of the three AEW Texas Death Matches though. Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer in second place behind Adam Page vs. Lance Archer earlier this year.

Edited by The Natural

31 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I enjoyed Adam Page/Adam Cole considering what I think about Cole. Do think it's the weakest of the three AEW Texas Death Matches though. Jon Moxley vs. Lance Archer in second place behind Adam Page vs. Lance Archer earlier this year.

Thought it was the best of the 3 myself! That ending is an all timer and elevates it past the other 2.

Really thought this was the best Cole has looked in AEW.  I’m back and forth on Cole.  Not as down on him as some, but see the limitations.  Man sure can take a bump though….

• Like 5

Not a great start to Yuta in BCC if you ask me. All of his stuff with the Gunn kids looked pretty awkward, then he gets muscled around by Mr Ass only to get a flukey roll-up win. They really should have had a more decisive, violent finish to continue this.

Main event had a pretty gnarly, violent finish but otherwise didn't do much for me. Plunder Cole is the best Cole and still this was too heavy on weak superkick spam and melodrama. Page blading his chin to put over Cole's silly spot was a choice touch though.

oh yeah I’m 1000% with whoever suggested Billy Gunn/Danielson 1 on 1.  Although someone might get knocked unconscious.

2022 Billy Gunn is somehow the best hoss they have? I don’t get it either but it’s true!

2 hours ago, Jrag said:

Thought it was the best of the 3 myself! That ending is an all timer and elevates it past the other 2.

Really thought this was the best Cole has looked in AEW.  I’m back and forth on Cole.  Not as down on him as some, but see the limitations.  Man sure can take a bump though….

Fair does that you enjoyed it the most of the three. I thought Page/Archer was the best match. Better finish with the Buckshot Lariat using the ref as a vault as the top rope was removed through two tables. Said match had the Blackout on the steps which Page bounced off. Moxley/Archer second best. That had the chokeslam through the barbed wire board.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, killsteve said:

Not a great start to Yuta in BCC if you ask me. All of his stuff with the Gunn kids looked pretty awkward, then he gets muscled around by Mr Ass only to get a flukey roll-up win. They really should have had a more decisive, violent finish to continue this.

Some of the finger manipulation stuff early on was good. Right now though, unless he learns to find a new gear, his appeal is going to be resilience and survival. Sort of a Yoshinari Ogawa deal. It’s still only week one however, so we will see.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

AEW really isn’t great at booking women after they lose the title. Riho was left twisting in the wind, Shida twisting in the wind until the Deeb feud and now Baker doing nothing. 

I agree with Riho and Shida though she was hurt recently. Have to wait and see with Baker. I do like that Baker said she wouldn't return to AEW till they return to Pittsburgh and that's next week. Back in DMD's hometown.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Great show!  First time in a while Rampage has felt on par with Dynamite in importance, right?   Loved the crowd going rabid for Yuta.  AEW turned him from a jobber to THIS with one match.  Don’t talk shit about booking when they can do that.  Looking forward to another easy hour of free good wrestling tonight!

Also, while I’m still sick if fans’ signs in general, I applaud Wednesday’s “allons brandon” sign being balanced by “pro choice, pro science, pro wrestling” and “end forced motherhood” tonight, and in Texas of all places ?.   But please, enough of the “I’m desperately trying to get on botchamania” signs.

Edited by Technico Support
Phone autocorrected Yuta as “Yuma” and now I’m curious as to what Johnny Yuma is up to.
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Yuta has maybe the worst gear in AEW. Dude should just start dressing like Shibata. 

Words out my mouth. He looks so skinny in those tights; they’re terribly unflattering. I thought maybe he was just tiny, but he’s billed as 6 ft “, so presuming he’s even close to that then yeah, the gear creates a negative illusion.