• Panama

Tournament starts July 20

US opens against Vietnam

England opens against Haiti

Canada opens against Nigeria

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, The Natural said:

England and Arsenal captain Leah Williamson will miss World Cup with Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury. Beth Mead, top scorer in the European Championship is likely not to be fit in time either. Bugger.

Might be adding England and Barcelona Lucy Bronze to that list limping off with what appears to be a knee injury today. Fuck.

Edited by The Natural

• 1 month later...

Finished my sticker album just in time for the tournament to start.

The Columbians did such a number on the Irish the other night, they called off the. Match after 20 minutes and an injury to an Ireland player.

Canada let in a really brutal goal from a corner kick early in the game, but came back to score a couple of goals to beat Ireland. Monday morning against Australia is most likely for first place in the group. 

There's a metaphor in me returning from vacation and having to connect through Hartsfield.  

First half, game is on in one of the bars...  US goes down 1-0...  plane delayed... ugh.  

Finally board at halftime. 

Within a few minutes of takeoff... boom, 1-1.  Nice.  

My point is... doing Customs and an international layover in Atlanta is yucky.  Would not recommend.   

(Also, fwiw, Delta having live TV is great and at least half the plane was watching the game, so that's a good sign, I'd say.)

BBC Sport:

Keira Walsh being taken off on a stretcher is arguably the worst sight England fans could have seen.

When the stretcher goes past Sarina Wiegman she quickly gives instructions to substitute Laura Coombs then has a quick word with Walsh, stroking her head on her way past.

England are already missing captain Leah Williamson and Ballon d'Or runner-up Beth Mead with ACL injuries. Fran Kirby also isn't here through injury. That's some serious talent.

---

Fuck.

Sweden vs USA it is. Very strong Round of the Last 16 matchup. 

Germany v France is also quite possible. 

Denmark v Australia is also a meeting of established teams. 

Brazil out is probably the first huge surprise. Hope our women don't follow tomorrow.