DVDVR Message Board

Backlash X7 - 5/8/2022

Dolfan in NYC

As someone who doesn't follow the weekly programming I have to ask; Is the 6-man tag not "Winner Takes All"? Why do they have all these championships if they aren't going to be defended at the 'Premium Live Events'?

• Like 1

Okay, I came in with no expectations for any of this.   But the whole card was a fucking delight.  

Good lord, even OMOS had a good match!  

• Like 2

Excited to watch this later. Sounds like a high quality show. Six matches is the correct amount! 

Someone help me on this: Did Edge previously publicly pitch the idea of Rhea in his stable? Could have been a while ago, but I vaguely remember there being a public shoutout at some point. Maybe in a podcast or something?

Cody/Seth was quite good and the match I have enjoyed a Rollins singles in so long. Dug the ending with Seth's attempt to cheat coming back on him.

Lashley/Omos was solid.

What I caught of AJ/Edge seemed solid-good. Not sure about Rhea joining Edge's faction but it was nice to see the crowd excited about her.

Charlotte/Ronda was pretty good and could have only improved with some blood. The two were mean and just beat the hell out of each other. I honestly 97% of the actual build to this so I was just happy to get a good match.

I skipped Corbin/Moss.

Blood Line vs. RKBro/Drew was good stuff. Definitely felt like they tried to step up a little knowing they baited and switched the audience for this one during the build.

Good show overall. Wasn't excited going in, but I was definitely happy by the end. Really hope they continue to try and keep PPVs/PLEs down to 6-7 matches. Just feels so much better paced when they are that long.

• Like 1

I'm kind of surprised to see positivity for this one. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention.

I didn't think anything was bad or anything, but it felt like a house show to me.

WWE's main roster has 10 titles. Only 1 title was defended on this PPV. I can't follow the logic of that.

Or the logic of them building Cody as the purest of pure babyfaces and him pulling the tights to win.

Thought Cody/Seth was another great match. Charlotte/Ronda was awesome, loved the callback to Survivor Series 2018 with the kendo stick. Knew someone would be joining Edge's stable as soon as Priest got "banned" from ringside. Loved the main event. Always great when Cole gets his chance to shout Vintage Orton! once again. Out of nowhere RKO on Roman followed by RKO on Uso was an epic believable near fall. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Money in the bank

"One lucky male and female will win the chance to main event WrestleMania"

Interesting wording making it sound like MITB took over the Rumble or something.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

"One lucky male and female will win the chance to main event WrestleMania"

Interesting wording making it sound like MITB took over the Rumble or something.

Yeah why is he saying WrestleMania? Typically, the briefcase holders cash in their contract whenever they want and never wait until WrestleMania.

We just got back from the show a bit ago. Hey we had a great time! 

We had low expectations but I felt everything delivered. 

I think the stip to Ronda and Charlotte helped a ton..  

Everyone in my section was on their feet for most of Seth vs. Cody, Ronda vs. Charlotte and Bloodline vs. Rko Bro and McIntyre. 

Nice to see something cool for Rhea Ripley to do also.. 

We had a lot of fun tonight 

• Like 4

Thinking the MITB matches could full on replace the Rumble matches. While the Day 1 PLE could replace the Royal Rumble PLE.

Looks like Roman received a new deal with less dates, he probably is the new Brock Lesnar. WWE already has multiple people these days to push and market to pick up the load.

Edited by Blue Dragon

Eating my words on Cody so far! He's been really good in WWE: being without that whole faction element makes a world of difference for him, and his stuff with Rollins has been great in the ring. Maybe he just needed a strong editor after all.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This isn't surprising but the Charlotte injury angle is to write her off so she can get married/go on her honeymoon

Wait, didn't she and Andrade break up like 6 months ago? 

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Wait, didn't she and Andrade break up like 6 months ago? 

No. People overreacted to Instagram/Facebook/Twitter bullshit and made inferences based on vague posts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1