DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/11 - 4/17/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Naomi/Rhea was nice while it lasted. Hope they get a longer rematch at some point.

Ricochet/Jinder was short and decent.

Sami/Drew was similar to what we got last week with Sami being even more cowardly. I enjoyed it though it would have been nice to see things end properly this time. I doubt the lumberjack match next week will e as fun. They should have gone with a cage. 

Skipped to the end of Riddle/Jimmy. That finish was pretty sweet.

A bit too light on the amount of wrestling even if the matches were enjoyable.

• Like 1

Naomi bumps like a freak for Rhea Ripley.  Jesus, what a lariat by Ripley. Naomi has a lot of hair.  That match was good.  I like how they are building up to the tag match.  It's the first time I've ever seen Madcap Moss.  He wins in squashy fashion.  Humberto sells for him like a tag wrestler should, I guess.  Sami Zayn is continuing his ode to Terry Funk and I dig it.  Sami Zayn IS the new Dick Slater!  I wish they would let him go one hour Broadway.  Hey!  It's Jinder Mahal!  It's against Ricochet!  Ricochet is a very nimble and gymnastic and he has MAD HOPS!  Jesus, what a Shooting Star Press.  That was quick.  Jimmy Uso lays it in.  Matt Riddle is awesome taking an assbeating.  These matches are cool because it doesn't really matter who wins.   Actually, Randy Orton isn't eating a fall in a singles match but the other three are built to be pinned in a singles match.    That was a fuckery-laden finish but it was enjoyed, my friend.  That was a fine episode of Elevation.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

The winners of the tag unification match will be called the new Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions.

Here's me making the mistake of wanting an internal logic.

But the top title is now called the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion, correct? Why wouldn't you make things simple and use that same branding for the unified tag team titles? Undisputed WWE Universal Tag Team Champions makes way more sense. While yes, neither title is named a Universal Title currently.... using Undisputed Universal as the branding for all unified belts is the smart / easy thing to do. So of course that's not what they're doing.

The problem is both set of titles have their brands names assigned to them. And none are World tags before they get unified. So the winners will just be the tag champions of the promotion.

Other promotions and certain eras in the past didn't always try to match the titles names up.  

Edited by Blue Dragon

I guess my mistake is thinking they gave more than 4 seconds of thought to it. We all know WWE doesn't value tag team wrestling. But if they did, surely they would want to align the prestige of the unified tag titles with being the same as the unified world title.

Maybe it's an OCD issue on my end and no one else gives a shit lol.