DVDVR Message Board

The 2022 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

Okay, the field is set.   Play in games start tomorrow:

Screen-Shot-2022-04-11-at-12.35.42-AM-1.

Looks like Boston avoided Toronto, but probably gets Brooklyn.  

The Warriors get the pleasure of kicking Jokic's thug ass out of the 1st round.  

Y'all know where my heart is though:

LFG

Matisse Thybulle confirmed yesterday that he's only had one dose of the vaccine and will not be eligible to play in games @ Toronto.  He could theoretically get the J&J vaccine and still be able to play in at least a portion of the series but it sounds like that's not going to happen.

Fucking idiot.

• Like 1

The Nets and the NBA say that at the moment - tonight's game will still take place as scheduled but they are in communication with NY law enforcement officials

(This is due to a mass shooting in a Brooklyn subway station this AM)

On 4/11/2022 at 10:17 AM, Zimbra said:

Matisse Thybulle confirmed yesterday that he's only had one dose of the vaccine and will not be eligible to play in games @ Toronto.  He could theoretically get the J&J vaccine and still be able to play in at least a portion of the series but it sounds like that's not going to happen.

Fucking idiot.

I think the full context of his quotes need to be shared because it is Aaron Rodgers level stupid

Thybulle, after the 76ers' 118-106 victory over the Detroit Pistons Sunday, said he was raised in a "holistic household" and declined to become fully vaccinated. He said he did feel the need to get one shot last season but did not go through with any more, saying "I felt like I had a solid foundation of medical resources that could serve me beyond what this vaccine could do for me."

"It was not the outcome that I wanted," he said. "It's always hard to not be available."

Thybulle said he has accepted that his decision could hurt the Sixers, his reputation and future earnings, but he did not see any benefits he could get from trying "alternative medicine."

"I made this choice and thought I could keep it to myself, I could keep it quiet," Thybulle said.

Thybulle's situation is not news to Rivers and the Sixers, who finished with the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference and seemed headed to a postseason date with Toronto for a while.

"We pretty much knew it going into the game," Rivers said Sunday. "So we'll be ready."

Kyrie feeding off the crowd yesterday was a Reggie in NY type of moment. Say what you will about how we got here, but the dude has FRESH legs and looks unstoppable despite the fasting. What a great game that was. Boston has been amazing this year, but I'm not sure they can beat the Nets 4 times without Robert Williams. KD started the game like 1-9 and we all know that's not happening again this series.

Bulls fought hard and will most likely get swept, but it was nice to see the fight. Caruso defending every Buck including Giannis in the 2nd half was an incredible stretch. I will never understand what these coaches are saving their challenges for. Billy almost gave me a heart attack when he refused to challenge that clear over the back call they got wrong late. That would have been Giannis 6th in a better timeline.

Great start to the playoffs and some really fun series ahead. Predicting them one game in:

Suns in 4

Bucks in 4

Heat in 5

Griz in 7

Nets in 7

Sixers in 6

Warriors in 6

Jazz in 5 if Luka doesn't play

Edited by Jrag

6 hours ago, Jrag said:

Caruso defending every Buck including Giannis in the 2nd half was an incredible stretch. 

Lakers letting that dude walk is one of the low key dumbest moves in recent NBA history.

• Like 2