DVDVR Message Board

2022 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

They're taking a long look at Otto Porter Jr.

They are gonna have to keep looking since Zimbra just said Otto signed with the Raptors like 3 posts ago

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Karl Anthony Towns is staying a Timberwolf and Devin Booker is staying a Sun, both on supermax extensions.   4/224.

Ricky Rubio appears to be headed back to the Cleve.  

And it looks like Dallas is pissed at the Knicks:

This captivated me the entire way. And the reply is most certainly true. ?

edit: for real tho, for a team that basically loses in the playoff because of their perimeter defense, trading away their best perimeter defender makes zero fucking sense unless they have something in mind. But, what? THE GAME IS AFOOT, WINDHORST.

Edited by Jiji

Also - some folks are saying that the Jazz are trying to use some of the picks they just got to get Deandre Ayton in some sort of sign and trade

20 minutes ago, Cole Miner said:

4 firsts, 3 unprotected for Gobert. WTF? What is Durant going to cost?

And a swap.

I mean, Gobert is really good, but damn.

Gobert is historically great by the numbers. That team could be really dangerous if Anthony Edwards keeps progressing. 

Really interesting to see what the Jazz do from here, as it could be Ayton or they hit full reset and move Mitchell to the Heat or whomever loses out on Durant.

edit: like holy shit @ Edwards defending the best perimeter player and Gobert cleaning up anything that squeaks by. That'll be a nightmare to play against. Jazz consistently hung Rudy out to dry with shitass outside D.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

Gobert is historically great by the numbers. That team could be really dangerous if Anthony Edwards keeps progressing. 

Really interesting to see what the Jazz do from here, as it could be Ayton or they hit full reset and move Mitchell to the Heat or whomever loses out on Durant.

edit: like holy shit @ Edwards defending the best perimeter player and Gobert cleaning up anything that squeaks by. That'll be a nightmare to play against. Jazz consistently hung Rudy out to dry with shitass outside D.

I really like where Ainge has Utah positioned of this: tons of assets and broke Gobert's salary into several smaller, easier to trade chunks. If he can find the right deal, he can straight into continuing to try to compete with Mitchell. And if he can't find the right deal, he can either stand pat for a year and see what's out there, or pivot into a full tear down and rebuild by moving Mitchell for even more assets.

I like The Gobert trade quite a bit, but I still did a spit take when I read they gave up four first-round picks for him.  

i dunno how you get fair value for Durant if that’s the measuring stick.  Maybe just give Brooklyn the Central Division and a franchise to be named later?

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

I'm not going to pretend that I understand the first thing about how NBA trades are constructed. . .but damn, it seems like the Timberwolves gave up a LOT for Gobert.

Can someone help it make sense?

They gave up a pile of players and leveraged their future to lose to Memphis in the 2nd round of the playoffs rather than the first, and now they have nothing to restock with if Towns blows a knee or Anthony Edwards stops playing like Paul Pierce and starts playing like Paul Giamatti.  There you go!

(BTW, it's hilarious they just traded that many ostensibly late-first-round picks to the team that drafted Gobert...with a late-first-round pick).

I like Gobert, and I like the idea of him on that team, but it really feels like just the first three picks should've been enough without a fourth and the swap.

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I like Gobert, and I like the idea of him on that team, but it really feels like just the first three picks should've been enough without a fourth and the swap.

Someone said to me at lunch that, if you told him the Timberwolves were going to trade all that for ______, he would have guessed __________ was KD.  I can't disagree.  I have no idea what fair market value for KD is or how Brooklyn gets something that looks like enough for him.

I dunno that I'd trade for KD.  You really are going to have to put most of your eggs in KD's basket and, if it doesn't work out, you're looking at a long dry stretch without a top draft pick or much to offer in trade except KD.

1 hour ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Someone said to me at lunch that, if you told him the Timberwolves were going to trade all that for ______, he would have guessed __________ was KD.  I can't disagree.  I have no idea what fair market value for KD is or how Brooklyn gets something that looks like enough for him.

I dunno that I'd trade for KD.  You really are going to have to put most of your eggs in KD's basket and, if it doesn't work out, you're looking at a long dry stretch without a top draft pick or much to offer in trade except KD.

It feels like you have to offer all four you can trade unprotected, and swaps on the other three, plus the best young player or two on your roster.