DVDVR Message Board

2022 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

You basically ask for the best young player on the team plus every pick and swap they can send for KD, right?

And that best young player better be a really damn good young player 

Lol, even KD has has enough of Kyrie's bullshit.

Someone asked me at lunch what I thought the Lakers should do with Westbrook.  I dunno.  How many mad scientists live in LA?  I feel like the best solution would be to find someone with a working mind-control raygun and use it on Russell before he signs the paperwork that makes his $47 mil option official.  I'm usually all for athletes getting every cent of bad contracts that owners stupidly agree to, but not in this case

• Like 1

Well, nevermind what I said earlier.  

Victor Oladipo is re-signing with Miami.   1/11

that said... I really wonder if he's part of the package Riley is offering to Brooklyn.    Also, of note, by rule, Brooklyn cannot receive Bam Adebayo as part of a trade because he's still got rookie-level protections, and they already traded for Ben Simmons, who has the same protections. 

26 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I wonder if Masai can Jedi mind trick the Nets into taking Siakam, OG, and a couple 1st rounders for KD?

I can't imagine they make the trade without Barnes. And I don't think Toronto gives up Barnes.

42 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, nevermind what I said earlier.  

Victor Oladipo is re-signing with Miami.   1/11

that said... I really wonder if he's part of the package Riley is offering to Brooklyn.    Also, of note, by rule, Brooklyn cannot receive Bam Adebayo as part of a trade because he's still got rookie-level protections, and they already traded for Ben Simmons, who has the same protections. 

Unless they make a three team deal somewhere and dump Simmons.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I can't imagine they make the trade without Barnes. And I don't think Toronto gives up Barnes.

Yeah Scottie wouldn't be on the table. What about Siakam, OG, Gary Trent Jr and a couple first rounders??

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Unless they make a three team deal somewhere and dump Simmons.

Actually I think the language is that they couldn't make the trade for a player in that rookie protection zone twice in the same year, so I think Bam would have to go to the third team, which, no.

EDIT - Nope, I'm wrong. If Simmons goes then they can acquire Adebayor or Booker.

Andre Drummond to Chicago on a 2/6.6 deal. He quietly played pretty well backing up Embiid, and then really well for Brooklyn after the trade. He's a guy I've always felt a bit bad for. He seemed to be breaking out as a star in Detroit, and right as he was hitting his stride, Steph and the Warriors completely changed the game and made him borderline obsolete. (Of course, he got a max deal with the Pistons basically the last year a guy like him could've gotten a max, do I don't feel that bad.)

Otto Porter Jr is going to the Raptors on a two year deal, with the second year being a player option.

Joe Ingles is going to Milwaukee for one year for the MLE.