DVDVR Message Board

2022 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

Ham basically fired David Fizdale, Mike Penberty and John Lucas III as assistant coaches.

Phil Handy and Quinton Crawford are staying on the staff.

Interesting little shade thrown at the coaches not staying by Ham 

"I like coaches that like to roll up their sleeves and are able to get out there"

Looks like the NBA is going for throwbacks as their alternate uniforms next season:

FUwexd-X0AAmcu-?format=jpg&name=small 

Raps fans rejoice as they may be getting their dribbling dino back

I like those pistons jerseys but prefer the red. 

ben-wallace-throwback-90s-red-hwc-swingm

Not sure why it's Wallace and not Hill on the pic. 

The Suns jerseys are great but a lot of those are either ugly or boring. 

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

I like those pistons jerseys but prefer the red. 

ben-wallace-throwback-90s-red-hwc-swingm

Not sure why it's Wallace and not Hill on the pic. 

The Suns jerseys are great but a lot of those are either ugly or boring. 

The red ones were a thousand percent better than the teal. The whites weren't bad either.

I *think* they did still have those uniforms Ben's first year in Detroit.

• Like 1

The Denver Nuggets are trading forward JaMychal Green and a protected 2027 first-round pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder for the 30th pick in this month's NBA draft, and two future second-round picks, sources told ESPN on Monday.

The Thunder still have the Nos. 2, 12 and 34 picks in this year's draft, and the Nuggets now have Nos. 21 and 30.

Oklahoma City will send Denver second-round picks in 2023 and 2024, sources said.

Green is expected to opt into his $8.2 million salary for the 2022-2023 season this month, which will ultimately finalize the deal, sources said.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:40 PM, Brian Fowler said:

Oh boy, the horrible teal jerseys from the post-Bad Boys/pre-Goin' To Work era.

Yay?

That and the Rockets dropping the classic red-and-gold right after winning 2 titles are definitely the worst of the NBA's many bizarre logo/color changes in 90's...

19 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

That and the Rockets dropping the classic red-and-gold right after winning 2 titles are definitely the worst of the NBA's many bizarre logo/color changes in 90's...

IIRC, the Rockets were already committed to the complete redesign before they won the 94 title, and then they tried to get out of it after the win, but the NBA didn't allow it because marketing has already started or something like that.

You know what late nineties jerseys were actually awesome and should come back? Chicago's black with red pinstripes look. I think they only wore them for two years before replacing them with the more normal black jerseys.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

You know what late nineties jerseys were actually awesome and should come back? Chicago's black with red pinstripes look. I think they only wore them for two years before replacing them with the more normal black jerseys.

Good lord, no.  Those jerseys were hideous.  

1 hour ago, Hail Sabin said:

RE-Sign Jalen! Clap Clap Clap! RE-SIGN Jalen! 

Brunson was fantastic, but I really worry that he's got high "wow, that contract looks bad" potential.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

True, but I think his track record is pretty good with his college record & I remember when Cuban thought Nash was washed then he won 2 MVPs when he could have still been with Dirk. 

True.

I just think there's a very good chance Brunson just had the best stretch he'll have in his entire career.

I do think Brunson has peaked, but I remain confident that this peak will go for a few more seasons. Your mileage may vary as to whether his current output is worth $18mil, though. Unless a much bigger fish like Lavine is coming along, I think you have to pay him. To me he's a $15mil guy, but I have few doubts that Cuban pays him close to what he wants.

Also, I'd be stunned if one of Bertans, Dinwiddie or Hardaway aren't traded before the season starts.

Edited by RandomAct