DVDVR Message Board

AEW RAMPAGE!- 4/9/2022! MOX vs YUTA! DANIELSON vs TRENT!

DEAN

Would the person who doubted that the Yuta-Moxley feud was A) going to continue and B) Be good for Yuta's push, please step forward?

I need to know how you want your crow cooked... ? By golly you got a lot comin...

They did mostly confirm there was going to be a Blood And Guts match this summer...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I mean, 2 is more so that’s as fucking wack as the rest of his misogynistic shit.

maybe they cut the line because Lambert is running with Bill Buckner jokes 35+ years after it happened.. it's only marginally fresher than making fun of the Patriots for losing to the 85 Bears

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

maybe they cut the line because Lambert is running with Bill Buckner jokes 35+ years after it happened.. it's only marginally fresher than making fun of the Patriots for losing to the 85 Bears

True, and Another point against having Lambert on TV.

Amazing star making night for Wheeler Yuta. Legit thought he was going to pull off the win after kicking out of the Paradigm Shift. Blood makes it even better. Great stuff all around and Bryan/Trent as well.

Really liked Velvet/Willow too but I am a fan of Red. Laughed out loud at Excalibur calling Sammy & Tay "America's Favorite Couple" 

Super hyped for the announcement of Joe/Suzuki! Feels like using the ROH titles just fits seamlessly on these shows so far. The shows just continue to get more stacked as time goes on, I love it. Every week has multiple things to look forward to. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Garcia and Moriarty must be proper scared that they're next in the recruiting line.

Someone on Reddit made an interesting point about this; we've already got our Four Pillars of AEW, well now we've got our Four Killers (HOOK, Moriarty, Garcia, and Yuta).

2 hours ago, chriskbrown50 said:

So when do Sammy-Tay go heel again? 

I'm not trying to be funny when I say this - they're not already? Terrible personalities aside, the way they're being presented currently is textbook heel.

I hate Red Velvet and really enjoyed the booing from the crowd. What was with Tazz mentioning her new attitude? Did an angle occur that I missed that caused the change? Interesting to note the "new attitude" has been slapped on 3 out of the 4 women that used to make up the friend-quad of Statlander/Hirsch/King/Velvet.

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Bryan just effortlessly pulling classics out of thin air on a random goddamn Friday. Smh my head…

The standard used to be Flair and a broomstick to 3 stars. I’m fairly certain Bryan could recreate a five star match with a cadaver at this point.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, JLowe said:

The standard used to be Flair and a broomstick to 3 stars. I’m fairly certain Bryan could recreate a five star match with a cadaver at this point.

Great post. Bryan Danielson is the GOAT.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I am fairly certain that Serena Deeb could carry her shadow to an instant classic.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Oh yeah? Well in the Indies, two invisible folks can wrestle a hardcore classic!

At one point in DDT, the best worker in the fed was a ladder.   The ladder was so good that it got a full retirement ceremony.

The second best worker was a blow-up sex doll that beat the shit out of Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

I know I just said FTR v Bucks is MOTY (and it probably is on a technical level) but I think Mox v Yuta is MY MOTY for one huge reason -

I was marking out bro.

That match sucked me right into being a kid/teen again where I was actively yelling at my TV for Yuta to kick out and Moxley to tap at the end.

Yuta Wheeler. Made man.

• Like 6

I’ve not posted much in the last couple of weeks because I’m in the middle of moving houses but holy shit was that Yuta’s coming out party. This is easily one of my favourite AEW matches ever because the story and dynamic they had just worked so freaking well from start to finish.

I was REALLY hoping that Yuta would pull out an inescapable roll up or something for the win because the roof of that place would have exploded.

What an amazing match and one of the best elevations of someone that I’ve seen in I can’t remember how long. This was not just the case of the underdog only earning respect by taking a beating, he was giving it back in equal amounts the whole time and came off as a badass.

You have a faction with two of the biggest wrestling stars in the world right now and Regal and you use it to make Wheeler Yuta into a start. Thanks for this whoever booked it all.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, JLowe said:

If you had bet me $100 3 months ago that I would not only care about Wheeler Yuta but that he would be in two high 4-star+ matches in a week earning his way into a team with Mox and Bryan, well, I’d be $100 poorer but none of y’all did.

Struggling to word this without sounding like I'm being critical... I'm so curious about what someone saw in Yuta that made them think he was the guy to put in this spot. To my knowledge he's never been this good before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Struggling to word this without sounding like I'm being critical... I'm so curious about what someone saw in Yuta that made them think he was the guy to put in this spot. To my knowledge he's never been this good before.

He's not shown as much in AEW, because in AEW he's been doing a 'raw up and comer' gimmick and wrestling below himself. On the indies, he was having great matches in 2020 & 21.

Like, in the tag match against Danielson and Moxley a couple of weeks ago, he was throwing soft chops. Not because Jimmy Yuta himself didn't know how to throw hard ones. The Wheeler Yuta character (in AEW) didn't know how to. In storyline, they brought it out of him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Need to parent and what not here so more thoughts later, but I'm glad it's 2022 and not 1992 because I know someone will ask Yuta if writing the letters on his chest was part of the plan or just in the moment and I seriously need to know that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

(that line didn't air)

So, one more?

I flaked on the spoilers and was unprepared for Yuta's fucking gunshot wound of a blade job... but hot damn if they didn't strap the rocket to his back. I'm amused at all the people here wanting him to get matching boots, because I'm guessing he changes his gear now to match the BCC aesthetic.

Am I the only guy who thought he was an actual Japanese wrestler on excursion here until recently? I had no idea he was a biracial American.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Someone on Reddit made an interesting point about this; we've already got our Four Pillars of AEW, well now we've got our Four Killers (HOOK, Moriarty, Garcia, and Yuta).

I'm not trying to be funny when I say this - they're not already? Terrible personalities aside, the way they're being presented currently is textbook heel.

I hate Red Velvet and really enjoyed the booing from the crowd. What was with Tazz mentioning her new attitude? Did an angle occur that I missed that caused the change? Interesting to note the "new attitude" has been slapped on 3 out of the 4 women that used to make up the friend-quad of Statlander/Hirsch/King/Velvet.

I can't tell if Sammy/Tay is being booked to be the classic swarmy couple vibe (Lita/Edge comes to mind) or it's just who they are. It feels booked but can't tell. 

What is interesting in this entire thread - Hook segment was not mentioned at all and I found it really entertaining.  It was a WWF type of little segment but effective.  I am here to see another interaction

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
26 minutes ago, Pete said:

So, one more?

I flaked on the spoilers and was unprepared for Yuta's fucking gunshot wound of a blade job... but hot damn if they didn't strap the rocket to his back. I'm amused at all the people here wanting him to get matching boots, because I'm guessing he changes his gear now to match the BCC aesthetic.

Am I the only guy who thought he was an actual Japanese wrestler on excursion here until recently? I had no idea he was a biracial American.

BOOTS FOR YUTA

Seriously, something about the full length black tights/white sneakers look just annoys me. If you have to wear sneakers or amateur boots, at least cut the tights length down to where TAKA Michinoku had them so it doesn't look like you should be wearing boots.

Of course, ankle support is super important.

And don't get me started on Skye Blue wrestling in Chucks! Are these kids trying to snap their ankles?!

my gods, that Yuta/Moxley match. it's been three or four weeks in a row that i've thought "Yuta is a made man after that match". it gets truer every time. Like @L_W_P, this match drew me in 100%. between the blood, the violence, and the kickout of the high angle Paradigm Shift? You bet your ass i was on the edge of my seat. Yuta using Danielson and Moxley's maneuvers against them was a not-subtle but hugely effective way to show this guy growing and learning. This was everything.

the Danielson/Trent? match was awesome too. Any normal week and it would be potentially the best match on AEW TV. This week it's what? a distant 3rd? the quality of pro wrestling matches this company puts out is unparalleled.

• Like 5