DVDVR Message Board

AEW RAMPAGE!- 4/9/2022! MOX vs YUTA! DANIELSON vs TRENT!

DEAN

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

They sure did put a rocket on Yuta, huh.

Now if they can get him some shoes that better match his pants, he'll be set.

They need to have an old school montage video of Yuta getting stretched in a basement by all three of them. That kid is great. The Danielson match might've been better but this proved that not only does the kid look like young bearded Mutoh but he bleeds like him too; that was a full 10 on the Muta Scale. The Trent match was another, similar example of asking "please sir may I have another" too many times. Trent can throw some evil chops, too. 

Everything else was pretty ugh. Willow looks cool but the match derailed at the end and the crowd was NOT happy. Shane Strickland had the worst finisher in the history of finishers. Top Team seemed morally superior to Sammy and Tay despite claiming sexism? Yeah that was two really good bookends to some hot trash. 

• Like 5

He wrote BCC on his chest after the match, with his blood. He's IN.

Considering this was the third Mox vs Yuta match, and the first two were both squashes, this one put Yuta over as a super tough guy.

Garcia and Moriarty must be proper scared that they're next in the recruiting line.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

He wrote BCC on his chest after the match, with his blood. He's IN.

After Mox said to him, "Now the real work begins."

I thought Willow did great, minus the moonsault that also looked terrible on Supercard. Please drop it.

• Like 4

If that corporate shitheel stops the AEW bloodflow we need to protest. Even if it'd force me to use Twitter, I would! 

Can't stop thinking about how stupid that Swerve finisher was. He jumped up, stepped on QT's head with one foot, slapped his leg, and then pinned him? And QT didn't even plant his face into the mat? What the fuck was THAT? 

• Like 2

Someone educate me on Swerve because I was not that impressed tonight. 

BUT Yuta - oh wow was that an absolute banger of a match. Mox did an incredible job. Fun to see a young guy get a major push like Yuta.  Between Yuta-Mox and FTR/Young Bucks that was a pretty great night of wrestling for that crowd in Boston.

So when do Sammy-Tay go heel again? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Can't stop thinking about how stupid that Swerve finisher was. He jumped up, stepped on QT's head with one foot, slapped his leg, and then pinned him? And QT didn't even plant his face into the mat? What the fuck was THAT? 

It's the same finisher he used in NXT.

38 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

They sure did put a rocket on Yuta, huh.

Now if they can get him some shoes that better match his pants, he'll be set.

My dream is that his reward for joining BCC is a pair of proper wrestling boots.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

They need to have an old school montage video of Yuta getting stretched in a basement by all three of them. That kid is great. The Danielson match might've been better but this proved that not only does the kid look like young bearded Mutoh but he bleeds like him too; that was a full 10 on the Muta Scale. The Trent match was another, similar example of asking "please sir may I have another" too many times. Trent can throw some evil chops, too. 

Everything else was pretty ugh. Willow looks cool but the match derailed at the end and the crowd was NOT happy. Shane Strickland had the worst finisher in the history of finishers. Top Team seemed morally superior to Sammy and Tay despite claiming sexism? Yeah that was two really good bookends to some hot trash. 

I was trying to decide if a shit sandwich was something between two pieces of shit, or shit between two pieces of bread.

I saw enough spoilers to know that Mox-Yuta was getting mega hype but damn that opener was fantastic and made me wonder if maybe Trent is better as a badass singles wrestler.

Backstage stuff was there tonight, and good lord did Sammy, Tay, and Lambert kill the crowd and the show for a bit. Ethan Page possibly unintentionally doing the “as the father of a daughter, I don’t want her to be you” slut shame. This is WWE late attitude era garbage that isn’t building anyone.

Swerve doing that boss thing where he flipped over the top rope onto the edge of the apron and then another onto the floor was the highlight of the match.

The Willow-Velvet match was interesting as a perhaps unintentional mid-match heel turn for Velvet (who might work better that way). Willow should have won, I said on the YT thread that we need an upset and that was it, Tony needed to be on the headset telling the ref that ending changed. Either one is tournament fodder, and the cake is stale.

That main event was, well, the pro wrestling example of blooding someone into a gang. While it certainly wasn’t a full Muta, we may need to acknowledge an AEW Yuta scale. There was a fucking blood arc when he did one of those Germans on Mox. If you had bet me $100 3 months ago that I would not only care about Wheeler Yuta but that he would be in two high 4-star+ matches in a week earning his way into a team with Mox and Bryan, well, I’d be $100 poorer but none of y’all did.

and next week we get Minori Suzuki vs. Samoa Joe?

I would also be remiss if I didn’t mention how fucking great William Regal is that he put over the entire announce team on multiple occasions.

• Like 9

What an amazing card.  Trent wins even in defeat by being a tough bastard that leans into everything.  Mean spirited Bryan Danielson is the best Bryan Danielson.  The cravate Lebell Lock adding insult to a man with a verified neck injury is too fucking great, especially given that the set-up was a fucking Gotch Piledriver. Trent gives zero fucks about being able to nod for yes or shake his head for no in the future.  I am a mark for matches loaded with tricked out NJPW suplexes so I couldn't have been happier with this curtain jerker.  Regal putting over the precise calls from the commentating booth was just gravy.

Swerve vs. QT was better than I expected it to be.  Swerve looks so happy now that he's really being allowed to showcase his athleticism like the sick handspring over the top rope, but I have always hated that back heel kick finisher.  It was bullshit in MLW and NXT and it is bullshit now.  It does not look hurty enough to keep a guy down for a three count.  I'd go back to the 450 finisher and use the back heel kick as the set-up move.  "Whose house?  SWERVE'S HOUSE~!" deserves a high-spot finisher, not some ground move of questionable impact.

Poor Red Velvet.  Still bearing the brunt of the Cody booking.  On paper, Willow Nightingale should not go over but if there was ever a time for a bracket buster, this was the moment to abandon the booking with a Brody finish.  Red is really good at selling her distress.  It's awesome when the crowd believes in your babyface will to win, but not when they are hoping that you will die.  Willow hits the best Spinebuster of the Week, but Velvet's kicks are too much.  Velvet's kicks have always been pretty, but they still look like worked pro wrestling kicks.  Some striking sessions with Bryan Danielson would make her offense even crispier.  Velvet accepts the crowd heat and tweener showboats in the post-match.  This does not help her get past the Cody heat.  If anything, it will make it worse going forward.  Putting Willow over in an upset and having a respect moment at the end of the match would've been the better thing to do.  

I am with Stefanie.  Hopefully Wheeler Yuta's acceptance into the BCC will come with an increase in pay so that he can purchase some proper wrestling footgear.  This man does top-rope high spots with zero ankle support.  I still remember him working in Acics Gels in his match against Jonathan Gresham in the RoH Pure tournament.  Get some boots and some kickpads, dude.  Anyway, Wheeler Yuta punches his ticket to stardom with his own blood.  Mox gives hate and Yuta receives hate.  He is being jumped into the BCC in the Blood In / Blood Out tradition.  Whether it be on RoH or AEW YouTube, Yuta needs to defend the Pure title on the regular against guys like Lee Moriarty, Fred Yehi, Tracy Williams, and Daniel Garcia and he needs to win if we're going to make the best of this push.  As much as I would like to see Khan put RoH on YouTube until he inks a television deal, MLW and Impact already round out a full slate of internet wrestling programs for the week and I like the non-competitive schedule.  Don't make me choose between my indie darlings.

MINORU SUZUKI VS. SAMOA JOE ON FREE TELEVISION~!  JADE CARGILL VS. MARINA SHAFIR~!  HOLY FUCK~!  What a glorious time to be a fan of the pro wrestling!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 10

That main ruled ass.

Ruled. Ass.

I like Swerve Strickland a ton, but neither side can afford to drop a fall in that tag against Starks in Nawlins. Ricky Starks is so effortlessly, completely cool. He’s the opposite of the Jackson brothers.

Willow probably needs a more polished opponent for tv. She’s got something, though.

Bryan just effortlessly pulling classics out of thin air on a random goddamn Friday. Smh my head…

• Like 5