DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT! for 4/8/2022! Multiverse of matches PPV RECAP!

This episode was highlights of their Friday PPV, which I wouldn't have bought because it didn't have FTR vs the Briscoes on it.  The first half hour is indie booked gimmick matches that I fast forwarded through.  Maybe it was good?  I'm not really a busy man but I still feel like I don't have time to watch it.  Luckily, they show a lot of Tomohiro Ishii vs Eddie Edwards, which would have been tempting to buy if it was the main event, and if it was for the IMPACT! title.  Which it should have been- if IMPACT! knew how to use Eddie Edwards.  Ishii's headbutt to Eddie Edwards' chin is fucking balls out.  Tomohiro Ishii is fucking awesome.  I'm glad I saw him live in AEW in Norfolk, tagging with Orange Cassidy against Butcher and the Blade.  Eddie Edwards beats the hell out of Ishii and you buy it because Edwards is on a different level than your average IMPACT! wrestler.  Ishii's Brainbuster is sooooooo fucking world class.  What a fucking match.  Eddie Edwards is awesome.  Once again, Tomohiro Ishii is fucking awesome.  Josh Alexander and Jonah is a dream team.  Moose and PCO is an odd dream team.  PCO does his usual psychotic shit and it's really great.  Alexander procures an EVEREST German Suplex on Moose after Moose takes a Jonah lariat like Moose does (like frickin; Davey Boy Smith).,  Moose avoids Alexander's Best Piledriver Currently so Alexander crushes PCO with it.  I assume Alexander wins the title by finally hitting Moose with it. 

Spoiler

(Not Very Well Kept Secret:  Moose needs surgery ((On his labrum I think)) so it's pretty much guaranteed that Josh Alexander is taking the belt.) 

Chris Sabin versus Jay White was good but I don't know if you want fucking Jay White putting over Chris Sabin.  That would be like AEW getting Okada and having him put over Matt Sydel.  Man, Jay White really beats the fudge out of Sabin.  Sabin hits two very nice lariats in response and gets the flash pin.  So yeah, it was good.  Chris Sabin reminds everyone postmatch that Chris Sabin (CHRIS SABIN!) pinned Jay White.  The Briscoes wrestling the Good Brothers the same night after THAT FTR match is pretty hilarious.  It's like one of those shitty Money In The Bank matches where your champion has to wrestle someone right after a gruelling match.  It kinda takes the heat out of the match.  Briscoes should have hit a Big Rig and won.  The Briscoes vs Jay White and Chris Bey will fucking rule the world. Deonna Purrazzo starts the build for the ROH unification match.  HEY! It's Faby Apache!  She is channelling ARSION Faby Apache!  For a minute.  Then she taps out.  Purrazzo further builds up the unific.... HEY! It's Taya Valkyrie!  Deonna Purrazzo is a busy little missy suddenly!  Speedball Mike Bailey is so awesome.  Alex Shelley is also awesome.  Bailey wrestled NINE times over that weekend.  He is definitely making up for the lost five years he was banished from the US.  Didn't Dolph Ziggler wrestle like 400 times one year?  (He has wrestled 2097 matches in all. according to cagematch.net, so yeah that seems right.)  Mike Bailey is the Dolph Ziggler of IMPACT!  Because of his volume of matches wrestled!   This match was good.  Alex Shelley's resurgence is fun.  Mike Bailey is a phenomenal athlete and he is so precise and technically perfect.  The beginning of the finish is fucking insane= as Bailey jumps over Shelley diving to knock him off the apron jumping into a springboard moonsault.  Then they start beating on each other until Bailey wins with a roll-up.  Yeah, that match is great, edging out the Edwards/Ishii .match for match of the PPV.  Yay! IMPACT!  

• Like 2