DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 1st Half

RIPPA

43 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The answer is.... TEN~!

Oof. That's their entire starting outfield, their top 2 catchers and 2/5 of their rotation. Not a good look when you're gonna be trying to sell guys in a couple of weeks

17 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Oof. That's their entire starting outfield, their top 2 catchers and 2/5 of their rotation. Not a good look when you're gonna be trying to sell guys in a couple of weeks

For Example - the Yanks have 3 games in Toronto in late Sept.

Can't image they would be thrilled about trading for Andrew Benintendi and then have him unavailable for those games

(That being said - I am sure they would look the other way if a team was taking Joey Gallo back for example)

Taylor had a COVID case in May and he was out from May 19th to June 1st, which was suspicious at the time.

Isbel was on the COVID IL from May 26th to May 30th over non-COVID vomiting

Singer was moved up in the rotation so he pitched today instead of pitching in Toronto

Whit Merrifield just said that if he was traded to a good team, he might get vaccinated, which should do wonders for how he's perceived.

extra statements:

Hunter Dozier talking about his antibodies from 2 years ago and how he doesn't do any vaccines

100mph fastball throwing Relief pitcher Dylan Coleman was suspicious of the velocity of the vaccine's release

So welcome to arguably the dumbest team in baseball

• Like 1

*Dumbest team in baseball that we know of.

Teams which still have to make their first trip to Canada this season:

• Cardinals
  • Tigers
  • Guardians
  • Angels
  • Cubs

I mean it's a longshot, but maybe someone else will also put up double-digits. ? 

Edited by John from Cincinnati

Before today we could just joke about how dumb the Royals were due to in-game stuff (bunting too much, trying to score from 3rd on contact plays all the time) or how they would keep playing guys through injuries

But yeah today's a thing where you could blast specific guys for being "Me First" with some reason to say that.

They'll all get cheered at the Royals next home game on July 22nd because every home team guy gets cheered here.

But there's a civic inferiority complex that is sorta playing out here and also a dislike of having guys embarrass the local area. Like these are our guys who've made this decision and the people unhappy about it will mention it like 5 years down the line out of the blue.

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Sad to see Charlie Montoyo go in Toronto.

I'm not. He was a good guy to keep the team together when they were homeless during the pandemic and seemed like a nice guy but the teams body language has been horrible lately. Schneider always seemed to be the next guy. Think he would have got the job to start the year if they didn't win 91 games last year

upon further reflection, Whit's "I might get vaccinated if I were traded to a contender" talk is sort of the vaccine version of Angels In The Outfield logic

Angels In The Outfield: "Angels can cheat to help your team in the regular season but not in the postseason"

Whit: "Vaccines aren't for me unless they could help me make it to the World Series"

Luis Severino gave up back to back to back jacks for the first time in his career.  

He left the game after 2 innings with tightness in his throwing shoulder.   The hushed tones of the sports media here makes it seem that the Yanks think it's bad.   

MRI tomorrow. 

All I know is, if you wager money on DFS baseball --  first off, you're a degenerate -- but more importantly, start every Blue Jay you can get your hands on.  They're about to win four games 27-1.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

All I know is, if you wager money on DFS baseball --  first off, you're a degenerate -- but more importantly, start every Blue Jay you can get your hands on.  They're about to win four games 27-1.

Maybe hold off on that bet

• Like 1