DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2022 - 1st Half

RIPPA

On 4/12/2022 at 5:10 PM, RIPPA said:

OH! That reminds me to post this

We live in a world where the single best owner in Cincinnati (and the entire state of Ohio) is...

MIKE BROWN??????????????????????

WTF??????????????

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I *heart* this for all Yankees fans.  

LOL, good grief.  It's like Sterling has never seen a baseball game before.  The left fielder tells you exactly where the ball is.  Man, that is so bad.

• Haha 4

As far as bad announcers go, I don't usually rail on Buck Martinez too much because I mostly find he's a lot like watching baseball with your old uncle who is too in love with the good ole days, but his love for the game is genuine. But man, every time he calls Cavan Biggio "Calvin", drink, and you'd die.

3 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

As far as bad announcers go, I don't usually rail on Buck Martinez too much because I mostly find he's a lot like watching baseball with your old uncle who is too in love with the good ole days, but his love for the game is genuine. But man, every time he calls Cavan Bigio "Calvin", drink, and you'd die.

I'm just happy he's resolved whatever situation was keeping him stuck in his den in Florida last year, blowing calls he wouldn't have if he were actually at the ballpark. 

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

As far as bad announcers go, I don't usually rail on Buck Martinez too much because I mostly find he's a lot like watching baseball with your old uncle who is too in love with the good ole days, but his love for the game is genuine. But man, every time he calls Cavan Biggio "Calvin", drink, and you'd die.

I'm disappointed he's not calling him Craig instead of Cavan/Calvin.

Despite what some (many?) might think - COVID is a gonna be an issue teams are gonna deal with this year

Mets had to place both Brandon Nimmo and Mark Canha on the COVID IL

Astros had to do the same for Yordan Alvarez

And this gets its own blurb as more bad news for Oakland and they are the first team to lose a bunch of players when going to Toronto

The Athletics announced a series of roster moves Friday, placing outfielder Stephen Piscotty on the Covid-related injured list in addition to placing catcher Austin Allen, left-hander A.J. Puk and left-hander Kirby Snead on the restricted list in advance of the team’s series in Toronto. In their place, the A’s added catcher Christian Bethancourt, right-hander Ryan Castellani, left-hander Zach Logue and outfielder Drew Jackson as “substitute” players. That they’ve been designated Covid-related substitutes will allow the A’s to send all four back to Triple-A without needing to use an option or (in the case of Bethancourt, Castellani and Jackson) pass anyone through waivers. Lastly, the A’s announced that outfielder Luis Barrera, whom they designated for assignment last week, cleared waivers and has been assigned outright to Triple-A Las Vegas.

The series of placements on the restricted list quite likely stems from restrictions preventing unvaccinated athletes from traveling into Canada to participate in games there. Many teams will likely make a few placements of this nature in advance of road series against the Jays, at least so long as those regulations remain in place (although the Rangers did not do so prior to traveling to Toronto for last weekend’s opener).

22 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Byron Buxton is already injured, marking the official start of the baseball season.

Seriously, six games into the year is fast, even for him.

He and John Means should start a club

On 4/15/2022 at 4:44 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

I'm just happy he's resolved whatever situation was keeping him stuck in his den in Florida last year, blowing calls he wouldn't have if he were actually at the ballpark. 

Unfortunately think we just found out the answer: Saw that he is stepping down from the job because he is battling cancer. 

• Sad 1