DVDVR Message Board

UFC 273: Volkanovski vs. Korean Zombie (04/09/2022) - Jacksonville, FL (VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

I think Aljo is probably the first person to capitalize on Petr constantly looking to get into scrambles. His camp probably realized you need to jump on his back pronto as opposed to letting him casually spring back to his feet. Granted it stopped working in the championship rounds (because Petr stop presenting his back to Aljo so easily), if he didn't do that, Aljo is losing that fight.

5 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Nobody gave Aljo Round 2 10-8. I don't know how this stuff works.

Judges seem reluctant to award 10-8s. I gave Sterling Round 2, 10-8.

Edited by The Natural

4 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Nobody gave Aljo Round 2 10-8. I don't know how this stuff works.

I wouldn't be mad if someone gave that round 10-8, but I thought at best it was hovering in the territory of 10-8 and not one. I thought Dern-Torres round 2 was more 10-8 than what happened in that round 2. Mackenzie Dern almost fully rotated Tecia's arm above her own head and then almost snapped her ankle off. That's a clear 10-8. If Aljo had been a little more aggressive and landed some good ground and pound, then I would say that's a 10-8.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Corner need to pull Zombie out and not let him go out for the 4th. Zombie couldn't even sit on the stool.

Zombie didn't sit on the stool the round before that. I don't think that was an indicator....everything else was though.