DVDVR Message Board

UFC 273: Volkanovski vs. Korean Zombie (04/09/2022) - Jacksonville, FL (VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

5 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

By the way, I thought Dern vs. Torres was super compelling. Compared to what she was a few years ago, Dern's standup is way better. Still has a ways to go, but she didn't look completely lost and wasn't wildly throwing right hands. 

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

Yeah Dern/Torres was pretty dramatic.
I have no idea what is about to happen in this Chimaev/Burns fight.

Woke up in time for Dern vs. Torres. Morning everyone. 04:35 Sunday morning.

My heart is racing right now, for fucking true. It's a good thing this wasn't five rounds because they'd need two body bags. Holy shit that was such a wild wild brawl with so much damage dealt. 

How dare this fucking dirtbag crowd boo Chimaev.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

I don't know, I think Chimaev put it on him for like 3 minutes and Burns looked dead on his feet. Amazing heart and conditioning from Durinho. What a beautiful fighter. I hope we get this again one day for the belt. 

Burns and Oliveira are probably my two favourite fighters, but I think Burns was a slight second best in a night where both guys come out of this like champs. Can Colby Covington fuck off for a while now? 

Years back when Durinho came into the UFC, I thought he was be a solid fringe top ten guy, at BEST six or seven. I definitely did not see FOTY contender, top 3 or 4 guy in the division.

• Like 3

He is rudimentary in his striking but his power is great, his skull is made of iron, and he just rolls with punches like a boxing vet. There were a handful of times I thought he was going to get caught and go down but he went with the punches and took out their power. If he threw feints and worked legs and body more tonight I think he wins. To go beyond this, he needs to add those wrinkles on the feet.

I really hope we don't see Usman fight Alvarez before the inevitable Chimaev fight. One of the biggest fights the company can put on in a long while. 

I mean

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Can Colby Covington fuck off for a while now? 

I'd be fine with that, but sadly I think Chimaev has to fight Covington now. And honestly, he may need some more experience with top of the division guys before meeting Usman. This Burns fight proved that he's not going to Goldberg guys up here any more.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I'd be fine with that, but sadly I think Chimaev has to fight Covington now. And honestly, he may need some more experience with top of the division guys before meeting Usman. This Burns fight proved that he's not going to Goldberg guys up here any more.

Only question left for Chimaev was rounds 4 and 5 but ain't no way Covington hurts Khazmat like Gilbert did. Different worlds in terms of power and I really don't see Colby being able to pressure without getting cracked often.

Rogan just called out the right response to this bullshit talk about Aljo not being "right" for the first fight. Dude looked legitimately scared in there after feeling Yan's power and speed.

Edited by Jiji