DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 4/6/2022

3 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Poor Jurassic Express. This reminds me of back when Rosa and Deeb had the NWA women’s title over big while the AEW women’s belt was taking a back seat.

I have a feeling Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus are dropping the titles next week. Give me an FTR/ReDRagon feud for all the belts. 

• Like 6

Great show tonight. FTR are the best tag team of all time in my opinion. I liked them vs The Briscoes better but this was fucking good too.

Another crowd that made everything better all night. Fucking hot for everything.

There's normally a segment or two I have some issues with but I liked pretty much everything tonight. Joe looked healthy as fuck to me and they we so into him. Caster's rap was solid too.

I was annoyed the TV in the back didn't work. I generally nitpick about that kind of stuff, but seeing that Kingston shoot broke it in a pre tape made me less annoyed and just laugh at it.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

So, Sammy’s turning heel right? There is just no way anyone thinks the whole cue card then make out with Conti bit works for a babyface. Not sure what’s going on there.

As long as they're programmed with Dan Lambert, Sammy and Tay are faces in my book. After that, we'll see...

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I'm guessing the ref didn't see some of the table spots (or they otherwise didn't count) as to the stip of putting both guys through a table? or maybe I lost track and the same guy was put through a table twice.

But yeah, old Hardyz vs two guys who look like Ed Leslie biker gimmicks

Maybe Julia Hart hasn't joined the House of Black because Malakai doesn't want to risk turning his group into a jobber faction like Andrade's group or Dark Order by bringing too many members in.

19 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I'm guessing the ref didn't see some of the table spots (or they otherwise didn't count) as to the stip of putting both guys through a table? or maybe I lost track and the same guy was put through a table twice.

Commentary damn near broke their back trying to explain the stip and it clearly didn't track. Based on this post they should never try this again.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

But yeah, old Hardyz vs two guys who look like Ed Leslie biker gimmicks

Maybe Julia Hart hasn't joined the House of Black because Malakai doesn't want to risk turning his group into a jobber faction like Andrade's group or Dark Order by bringing too many members in.

6 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Commentary damn near broke their back trying to explain the stip and it clearly didn't track. Based on this post they should never try this again.

Jim Ross calling the match bowling shoe ugly as well. Bad match.

Edited by The Natural

3 minutes ago, alstein said:

Noticed Julia's bad eye seemed to be spreading.  Maybe after six months they're finally moving that story along. 

either that, or it's an untreated medical condition

You'd think some opponent trying to peak under the eyepatch and then getting rocked would be a future part of all this. Like if you're in a Chucky movie and you cause the doll to come to life with the intent of killing you.

Great main event. Heck of a match, incompetence of that idiot Rick Knox aside. 

The Hardys just didn't look good tonight, and I don't like seeing them take such hard bumps at this point in their careers. How did Jeff Hardy get the win when he was already eliminated? Didn't make sense.  

Was happy to see Joe do the muscle buster again at least.

• Like 2

As a compromise, I did both watch and like the Cole vs Christian match.

Here's the deal with Cole, though. I am not unsympathetic to the guy. He comes off as nice and caring in interviews. I've heard him asked about the fans chanting along to the theme song and his logic is this: It is okay because even if they're with him at the start of the match, he'll be enough of a heel within the match to turn them by the end. He prides himself on this. Except for I don't think it works, and really, it's not necessarily due to him not heeling it up enough. There were things he did in the match that were clearly intended to get that result, such as leaving the feeling out process first by getting a cheap kick in, taunting Christian cowardly on the outside at one point (and immediately getting outsmarted and eating a clothesline comeuppance), stepping on Christian on his way to the corner, the eyepoke at the end, a decent amount of stooging, etc. He was a competent and believable heel. But, at the start of the match, the fans were chanting "Adam Cole, Let's Go Christian" back and forth with Cole's chants significantly louder, and by the end they were chanting "Let's go Christian, Adam Cole" with Christian's chants somewhat louder than before, but Cole's chants still definitively louder than his. And Christian is a great babyface and though we missed a chunk of it during the break, he did everything he was supposed to.

So Cole is going to all this effort to achieve an effect and he is not achieving it, which means he is failing at what he is setting out to do, and that is the second biggest problem a wrestler can have, the first being getting no reaction at all.

• Like 5