DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 4/6/2022

Medically cleared in what context? He was medically cleared enough to work NXT and beat Karrion Kross for the NXT Title in 2021. He relinquished it due to being Covid positive. Then moved over to office work with talent development. Unless he's picked up a new injury since that Covid sickness, we have no reason to believe he isn't fully medically cleared.

4 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

I love the storyline they're telling that the BCC wants to tear down the flippy-floppy style, and get wrestling back to a place where it's a FIGHT, and you're going to get your head kicked in, win or lose, and that to hang with them you need to find a place in your head that not only tolerates pain, but relishes it. Loves it.

Would you say they have a mantra of: "No flips, just fists?"

?

• Haha 4

Also (and I know this won't happen) but Caster should beat Joe.

As much as we all love that Samoan Submission Machine, there comes a point when the JTTS needs to pick up a win to keep some credibility.

The Acclaimed are over AF but if they keep jobbing out to every new toy that TK wants to play with then they lose a little luster.

I'd love the story with Joe to be him "raging against the light" so to speak.

He can put over guys like Caster, the Martins, maybe a hyped match with someone like Starks.Just build the idea that the new guy coming in doesn't always go on a winning run to start with.

Then *fantasy booking* he's backstage after a loss to and Team Taz is giving him a hard time. Hobbs and Starks walk away but HOOK holds back for a moment and offers him some potato chips.

They share a look, fist bump, cut to the next segment.

Build a HOOK/Joe tag team from there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

So many possibilities for Caster’s rap. The easy WWE release joke? A Steiner math reference perhaps? I bet Bowens could give a hell of a HE’S FAT

“Hey Samoa Joe, your legacy’s been erased,

the last time you had an impact, they drew a penis on your face”

• Haha 9

38 minutes ago, peterien said:

Odds for The Briscoes appearing tonight? 

I mean, I don't think it will happen, but if AEW gives us reDRagon vs Young Bucks vs FTR vs Briscoes at Double Or Nothing - I'll shit my pants.

• Like 2

For whatever reason: Shawn Spears vs Shawn Dean has been announced. I'm guessing Wardlow interferes and causes the Cap'n to get another win over someone in (what's left of) the Pinnacle.

• Like 2

Jesus, the crowd in Boston is insane.  Adam Cole versus Christian Cage was strange- in that they have this insane crowd and the match starts ice cold (I mean, what do these two guys have against each other?) and the work gets the match over.  It's like a dare more than a match.  Are you good enough to get anyone to give a shit about this match?    Well, sorta.  The heat was crazy a few nearfalls.  The crowd is crazy after a few more nearfalls and ADAM COLE CHEATS TO WIN!  This crowd is even better than last week's South Carolina crowd.  Adam Cole and Adam Page in a Texas Deathmatch!  Sure.  Why not?  I will take that on free TV.  Jiminy Christmas, Samoa Joe is over in Boston.  Max Caster was so awesome leading up to this on Twitter,  He is going to beat the shit out of this dude!  Or maybe Joe will beat the living hell out of him.  Jay Lethal and Samoa Jay will be awesome.  So The Blackpool Combat Club are taking over Rampage, THUS Rampage will rule.  Captain Shawn Dean is on Dynamite!  Why would he be on the Wednesday show?  To bump like a freak for Shawn Speers!  The Wardlow poster are much larger this week.  None of Security got thrown upside down into a trashcan- which is a letdown.  I love that Captain Shawn Dean has the Pinnacle's number.  I await Dean vs FTR in a handicap match!  BOOK IT, TK!  Sooner or later, Eddie Kingston will have to add two more to his crew.  I'm guessing they show up next week in New Orleans.  Awesome!  The guy in the Hooters t-shirt made it into the Baddies section!  That tables match was waaaaay better than I thought it would be.  Blade was your best thing in that other than Jeff Hardy fucking killing himself- especially in the picture-in-picture against Matt Hardy.  YESSSS!   SET-UP JAMIE HAYTER vs TONI STORM 4 ME!!!!!  AWESOME!  EVIL JULIA HART!  Julia Hart is so much better in the ring as a heel.  That was the best match Julia Hart has ever had, mostly because Shida is joining the Storm and Hayter's New Stiffness In AEW]s Women's Division and Hart got to lay it in and base the match on beating on Shida, which is way better than her usual crappy cheerleader based offense.  Awesome!  Willow Nightengale is on Rampage.  And Keith Lee put Powerhouse Hobbs through a wall so they will have a rematch at some point.  I assume there will be a tag match first.   FTR are the new Four Horseman.  They are waaaay over in Boston.  Cash Wheeler is the best wrestler in AEW, technically.  Dax Harwood is the best babyface in AEW.  The Young Bucks are different than the Briscoes, in that they don't have a Jay Briscoe to match Dax Harwood in intensity.  The Young Bucks are good workers but they can't garner the heat that FTR vs the Briscoes garnered.  The crowd explodes to dueling Sharpshooters.  Cash Wheeler is the world's best Ricky Morton.  Harwood is born to be Robert Gibson.   The Young Bucks are a good version of the Midnight Express.  AWWWWWWESOME!  The Young Bucks put them over clean as a sheet.  The fucking second best match that FTR have had this week.  AEW MOTHERFUCKING RULES THE WORLD.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Cobra Commander said:

congrats to FTR on moving from being the new Midnight Express to being the new Rock'N'Roll Express in the eyes of the fans

FTR are the new Four Horsemen.

• Like 2