DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania Rampage - 4/1/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Say what you will about Young Bucks, but they are exciting to watch. Out of the teams I hadn't seen before AEW, they are the ones actually live up to the hype surrounding them (Lucha Bros and Santana & Ortiz still need to convince me more, for example).

House of Black is F'n awesome and the ending spot was insane! Fuego's selling twisted like a pretzel was priceless! As far as fashion tips go, I WANT Matthew's jacket combined Brody King's bandana covering most of my face for my weekend usage, like right F'n now! Unfortunately, I don't have the intestinal fortitude to combine that with Matthew's shorts, but if I'd get my hands on a pair just like them, I would try and work up the courage to use them.

Speaking of courage and shorts, Skye Blue's outfit gave Hayter's one a run for its money and that's hard to do! These qualifiers seem a bit obvious so far, but you must get only the top talent into the tournament, so it makes sense not to pit two top prospects against each other only to qualify.

Dan Lambert takes the high road and they smash his car? I mean he is a deplorable bag of limp dicks, but I think that was still a bit unnecessary.

Hobbs did a bunch of big stuff on Lee and got a visual pin on him, but yeah, I didn't think he was ever going to actually beat Lee. Tag match coming soon?

Speaking of, now FTR vs Young Bucks, didn't see the first one, but this should be something else! On free TV, no less! Hyped up for this one!

Christian Cage vs Adam Cole? This should be interesting, too!

...oh oh oh, forgot to add that the trick to avoid Danhausen's curse is just not to give a single fuck! Keep that in mind, guys!

Edited by Shartnado
Hook solves the curse...
  • Like 8

Not slamming the guy because physical issues aren’t shit to play with and I mean it’s Keith Lee, but I thought that Lee took a back seat compared to Hobbs last night. Setting aside the physical stuff, I think Lee picked up some awful Performance Center habits like working his catchphrase into his promo and doing these awkward unrealistic motions during his entrance/match to get his signature poses in. Hobbs was much more natural.

Again it’s Keith Lee and we know he’s awesome, but he needs to dump that shit in the trash can.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 2

Rampage was the cherry on top of a great Friday night of wrestling.  I love the direction Rampage has been taking - specifically cutting less important gaga (entrances) for essential services.  This in no way punted opposite the ROHPPV.  Dug most everything here.  Not so much a complaint, but I'd like to see Danhausen tighten up his promo.  Bucks, Top Flight, Hayter, House of Black, Fuego, Grayson, are all gasoline on the fire that is AEW.  Keith Lee and Hobbs was Holy Hoss fucking gold, and everything that followed was just as great.  Hobbs promo was excellent too.  It's a slow and steady rise to the top for the Papapowerhouse!   

• Like 2

Powerhouse Hobbs is an absolute star they should feature, push and pay loads of money. 

I'm not high on Keith Lee, unlike many others, but he's popular and still a fresh face (both just a face, but also babyface) in AEW. I would have used a month or two more of building both guys and having them win, maybe calling each other out. Still nice to see Hobbs looking like a billion dollars. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, (BP) said:

TK’s way shrewder than he gets credit for; he paid for those sledgehammers and the gimmick Lambert car two months ago, and by God he was going to use them on tv.

Honestly, after last week, they should have started the segment with Sammy and Tay getting out of the backseat all disheveled.

that said, hated that segment and this whole angle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Loved the opener, I wasn’t aware of the Bucks-Top Flight backstory. Bucks definitely elevated Top Flight in that loss. Dante’s wrestling is getting tighter.

If I’m being honest, I never quite saw why so many people here were hyped on Hayter, but last night I understood. What a match. Skye Blue has potential to be a slightly smaller Hayter, and not just because of the...obvious comparison.

Spoke my piece about the Lambert-Young Love segment. Enough. Waste of a lot of talent.

The trios did nothing for me other than killing Fuego for our pleasure.

Main event was so great. Everything we wanted out of a hoss fight. Built the angle, protected everyone. Now there’s a storyline reason to give Lee a few weeks to rest and shed a few pounds/get into the best condition he can. And enjoy his new spouse.

Edited by JLowe
Fixing autocorrect errors
  • Like 2

On 4/2/2022 at 9:10 AM, For Great Justice said:

I think Lee picked up some awful Performance Center habits like working his catchphrase into his promo and doing these awkward unrealistic motions during his entrance/match to get his signature poses in. Hobbs was much more natural.

Again it’s Keith Lee and we know he’s awesome, but he needs to dump that shit in the trash can.

Someone in the other AEW thread mentioned this as his key beef with Adam Cole and I fully agree on both points.  "You have been fucking with me for weeks and now I am here to beat your ass!  But first I must hit all my marks perfectly and do all my signature taunts before the bell because I learned all about branding!" is awful.

• Like 5