DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania Rampage - 4/1/2022

Dolfan in NYC

A taped Rampage airing simultaneously with a live WM weekend ROH supercard that is heavily studded with top AEW talent. Who will be the first to shout that the sky is falling when the same day US TV ratings come in for this show?

Supercard is headlined by Gresham vs Bandido and also features: Briscoes vs FTR! Swerve! Lethal vs Moriarty! Josh Woods vs Wheeler Yuta! Mercedes vs Willow! Tully! Minoru F. Suzuki!!

Who is booking Ring of Hono(u)r and why are they trying to destroy AEW?

Meanwhile, I have heard that Rampage will feature an appearance by Sammy G and Tay C, who are young and sexy and attractive and fit and in love and having s.e.x. yet somehow inexplicably are being booked as faces! Oh how we all loathe them!

Also:

Hayter vs Skye Blue in an Owen Thingy qualifier.

I'm drinking my Hayterade. How 'bout you? Skye Blue should get tons of sympathy heat here. 

Young Bucks vs Top Flight

I am not literally going to eat my hat, but I will be very surprised if I don't laugh out loud and also curse out loud at least once, each, during this match.

House of Blargh vs Fuego & The Super Smash Brothers

Look at that graphic @Dolfan in NYC posted! Are you not hyped to watch Fuego bump around some more?

Powerhouse vs Limitless

Am I thinking of watching WrestleMania Rampage live and catching the Superdupercard later? Indeed I am. BMMSM! BMMSM!

I am probably a little too stoked for this match. If Lee yeets Hobbs and my heart literally exp!odes with joy, know that I died doing what I love.

• Like 7

I generally love that AEW doesn’t do DQ’s but Hobbs and Lee seems right for a shmozz involving cops and security being unable to break them up. I’m sure it’ll just be Lee winning, but that’ll be a little disappointing to me. Give me the King King vs Godzilla finish

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Gordlow said:

Powerhouse vs Limitless

Am I thinking of watching WrestleMania Rampage live and catching the Superdupercard later? Indeed I am. BMMSM! BMMSM!

I am probably a little too stoked for this match. If Lee yeets Hobbs and my heart literally exp!odes with joy, know that I died doing what I love.

Oh man, I got a lot of wrestling to watch tonight- ROH PPV, Rampage, whatever they are calling Smackdown tonight.  I guess I'll watch Smackdown at two this morning,  I've been married (legit) 29 years so we never fight anymore, so I've replaced Never Go To Bed Mad to Never Go To Bed With Wrestling On The DVR.  RETIREMENT~! I AM PEE PAW~!

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Gordlow said:

A taped Rampage airing simultaneously with a live WM weekend ROH supercard that is heavily studded with top AEW talent. Who will be the first to shout that the sky is falling when the same day US TV ratings come in for this show?

Hard to say. But on behalf of the Academy, I'm here to award you the small golden person statue for First to Preemptively Get Testy About This. No slapping please. 

3 minutes ago, (BP) said:

TK’s way shrewder than he gets credit for; he paid for those sledgehammers and the gimmick Lambert car two months ago, and by God he was going to use them on tv.

TK getting use out of two sledgehammers. That must make him a cerebral assassin. 

• Haha 3

Kinda lame the Jacksons get to cut off another talented young team off at the knees, but hopefully FTR avoids the golden shovel wednesday.

That main slapped. Slapped hard. Strickland, Starks, Lee and Hobbs could all be monstrous, huge stars for this company. 

• Like 1

Fun show. The opening tag match was a good spotfest. YB matches usually aren’t for me but Top Flight busting out all of this insane stuff was great. I am excited for FTR/Bucks 2. 

Jamie Hayter rules. I have no idea who Sky Blue is. But that felt like it was an awesome carry job. 

That main event was something else. Just two hoss’s being nasty and throwing each other around. Just good old fashioned pro wrestling complete with a heel backfiring segment.

The thing about AEW is that they have a really deep bench. They have a lot of people on the mid-card that they could push to big things when they need to put someone there. The win-loss records really help. Say that Jungle Boy pops an ACL and needs a few months off. You can put the titles on The Acclaimed and slide in Top Flight as their rivals and no one would bat an eye if that was a big feud. 

• Like 5

Missed all of Bucks, didn't pay much attention to the six-man, but Fuego died just fine... then Bucks cut into the women's match?! Why? As prior mentioned, it was a taped show. I half watched the match after that, not for that reason, and I'm not sure why. But that main was pretty awesome and the brawl was real fun. Exploding tables! 

So much wrestling tonight.  Top Flight and Young Bucks was fun.  Meanwhile,  THE BRISCOES vs FTR WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.  Darius hits a fucking EVEREST German suplex!  Y'know, the first time I decided that I liked the Young Bucks was when they had that streetfight against Kevin Steen and Super Dragon,  That assbeating still works for me and the Bucks.  It's weird that AEW is so deep that good midcard guy like Buddy Matthews could easily have any of the ROH belts.  Jesus Christ, the Dark Order took an assbeating at the hands of the House of Black.  But not as big of an assbeating as Fuego del Sol.  JESUS CHRIST, FUEGO DIED FOR OUR PLEASURE.  Hey!  The Young Bucks Rick Ruded tonight!  Oh man,  speaking of assbeatings, Jamie Hayter is so fucking awesome.  She has to wrestle Toni Storm already.  Notice that Hayter lays it in and Skye Blue ups her game to match it and she has the best match she's had in AEW.  Hayter is doing what Toni Storm did with Bunny.  Hayter is fucking awesome.  Holy shit, sweet brainbuster and hellish lariat.  So fucking good.  (Plus she is a delightful weirdo on Ethan Page's vlog).  Your main event was the IWGP title match from 1997.  Keith Lee would be Scott Norton.  Powerhouse Hobbs is Shinya Hashimoto.  This match was fucking great.  Why didn't they bring out Jim Ross to call this?  This was a modern version of Steve Williams versus Stan Hansen.  HOLY SHIT!  A fucking Buzz Sawter powerslam on Keith Lee?  FIANLLY BEELAMANIA!  Man, these guys need to have a  zillion matches together.  Fucking awesome.  JESUS CHRIST, WHAT A TABLE SPOT!  Oh man, AEW fucking rules.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I ended up sticking with the Supercard of Honor until the end, and I'm glad I did. 

Following that up with Rampage was an awful lot of very good pro wrestling in one sitting. It's a good kind of tired.

To say The Bung Yucks vs Flop Tight was only the second-best Tony Khan-booked tag match I watched today is not damning with faint praise. 

Tag team wrestling is awesome.

Danhausen vs Hook? OK. I'm down.

Fuego is the Kikuchi of the 2020s.

Spoiler

Mild Supercard spoiler: Skye Blue vs Hayter was like Willow vs Mercedes in that a very likable spunky babyface was elevated by looking strong in defeat against on of pro wrestling's toughest ladies.

I doubt there will be a better big man power match this weekend. Hobbs vs Lee was everything I could have wanted. That biel! That spinebuster! More, please!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was late to this one due to the ROH show - this one was great too! I was a little worried about being burnt out but every match delivered as far as I'm concerned. Tag was really good,

Spoiler

ROH SPOILER AHEAD - 

I think the Bucks and Cutler were in the same gear they showed up at the PPV in, which was a super nice touch

Hayter/Blue was great while it lasted, and the main event was everything I thought it would be and more. Post-match angle kicked all kinds of ass, I will never not mark out for a just generally chaotic situation like that. That table spot was massive as hell, really good camera work too in the corner like that

• Like 5