DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2022

The Natural

I know we all love Powerhouse Hobbs here, and rightfully so, but there's something about his heat segments that are just not up to snuff for a guy as talented as he is. They're just way too slow and this is coming from somebody who thinks AEW would do well to slow things down a touch. So much mean mugging towards the camera and crowd. He lays his shit in, which is great and important... but my ADHD struggles when he's spending 30-45 seconds between attacks. They kind of meander. He'll hit some good strikes, mug, maybe do a half assed sub like the can opener he tried on Lee last week, then mug, then eventually bust out something spectacular like the powerslam. There's no urgency and maybe there shouldn't be with a guy his size and strength. Maybe as he moves up the card he gets more urgent. I don't know. There's just something off with him in control and of course with how he's protected on TV (dominates match, slips on banana peel, loses), the large bulk of his matches fall into this criticism. He's not far off and I think he has world heavyweight championship potential, but what is he missing right now? Is it just pacing? What am I missing? My buddy committed the board's cardinal sin and said he's listening to Mark Henry too much, lol. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Since Buff Bagwell seems to be on the road back into the business - can we get a Buff Bagwell/Wingmen collab going?

UTQJgK0.jpeg

He should be the master of the Wingmen. "AV-A-LON! My son!"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

AEW Revolution 2022 gave us three MOTYC in CM Punk vs. MJF, Jon Moxley vs. Bryan Danielson which I liked even more when I watched it a second time and Eddie Kingston vs. Chris Jericho. Lets see what Double or Nothing 2022 gives us. Adam Page defending the AEW World Championship vs. CM Punk looks a lock for the event along with the Men's and Women's Owen Hart Cup Tournament Finals.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Z said:

I mean Timothy Thatcher and Biff Busick are both freelancers now, so...

Either one of those or both of them opposing Moxley and Danielson in that company is something that hasn't even crossed my mind until now. 

I could see them being used for Ring of Honor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I'd like to see a woman. My first thought is Deeb- but now I'm thinking it would benefit Leyla Hirsch more.

Jamie Hayter please and thank you.

• Like 2

100% Jamie Hayter. Leyla Hirsch still needs to join Team Taz. Deeb can rejoin CM Punk's new Cult of Straight Edge Personalities or whatever he'll call it when he eventually turns heel again. 

Add Moriarty and Garcia turning on Jericho and we have the full gauntlet.

I hope Garcia stays with Jericho if they are feuding with Regal. Have him home in on heel promos and work against the technical guys. I’d prefer them all as opposition, Garcia battling Danielson and maybe even surprisingly toppling him. Then Yuta being the hero of Professional Wrestling to defeat Sports Entertainment. If the feud happens, I hope it is more to spotlight the future talent and put them over as current greats. Maybe Blood and Guts if they’re not planning that for the current Jericho squad vs Kingston/ Santana & Ortiz feud.

So stables in AEW:

Blackpool Combat Club.

Best Friends/CHAOS.

House of Black.

Dark Order.

The Pinnacle.

Jericho Appreciation Society.

Eddie Kingston/Santana/Ortiz.

Team Taz.

The Elite (Young Bucks/Cole/ReDragon).

Andrade's group.

American Top Team/Men of the Hour.

Death Triangle.

The Gunn Club.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Since Buff Bagwell seems to be on the road back into the business - can we get a Buff Bagwell/Wingmen collab going?

This would be great because it was never clear who was the Wingmen for whom. It would be fun to learn that they are all Buff's Wingmen!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1