DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2022

The Natural

Just now, Wyld Samurai said:

What I didn't understand from The Hangman feud was that Matt lost all his money... how did he become "Big Money" Matt when he had just lost his salary to Page?

He was already Big Money Matt (though perhaps not in name.) It was his weaselly way of getting other people's money that got him into that mess with Page.

And he only lost three months' salary, which is nothing to sneeze at but not exactly Big-Show-investing-in-a-strip-mall.

• Like 2

I'd love to see Bret with FTR if he's healthy enough and willing enough, but if it ever really happened, I'd love for Serena and Punk to be involved somehow. Make em a whole stable. Can't legally be The Hart Foundation, maybe call em The Dungeon or something else Bret-adjacent.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'd love to see Bret with FTR if he's healthy enough and willing enough, but if it ever really happened, I'd love for Serena and Punk to be involved somehow. Make em a whole stable. Can't legally be The Hart Foundation, maybe call em The Dungeon or something else Bret-adjacent.

Like this, One and done or longer term, it's Bret Hart in AEW. One of the greatest wrestlers of all time, argument he's the best to ever do it. The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be and the Excellence of Execution are so fitting. Bret's execution of moves and his mind for the business is flawless.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Casey said:

No Dynamite thread yet, but Samoa Joe makes his AEW debut against Max Caster in an Owen Cup qualifier match tomorrow night.

RIP

Wish they used a more polished dude to debut Joe. We'll see, I guess.

It makes some sense as Max is sort of in a pushed tag team on the back burner while Bowens heals up.  A lot of the best options like Tony Nese don’t bring a lot besides their good matches.  

Caster does his little raps and makes his weak jokes so as a heel we want Joe to demolish Max.  They don’t need to sacrifice Fuego like they normally would be tempted into doing. 

12 minutes ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

It makes some sense as Max is sort of in a pushed tag team on the back burner while Bowens heals up.  A lot of the best options like Tony Nese don’t bring a lot besides their good matches.  

Caster does his little raps and makes his weak jokes so as a heel we want Joe to demolish Max.  They don’t need to sacrifice Fuego like they normally would be tempted into doing. 

Yeah, I get that having him debut against Caster gives the match a little extra kick, but I would rather make him look 15 years younger. Nese or Kassidy could really make his offense pop. Caster is maybe a little too wooden.

Oh, man. It was only, like, Friday when @The Natural got us making lists of anticipated matches.

And suddenly the list is just so much bigger! 

It's likely we'll eventually get Joe vs Punk and vs Bryan in AEW or ROH. 

Samoa Joe facing off with Tully's gang of Kaun, Toa Liona, and then Cage (or even Kaun, Cage, then Liona!) could be a pretty epic ROH feud. 

Or a similar run vs the House of Black guys in AEW!

Also Joe vs Mox, Joe vs Kingston, Joe vs Garcia, Joe vs Darby, Joe vs Miro, Joe vs Butcher!

vs Keith Lee, Powerhouse, Kenny, Jungle Boy, Silver, Page...

Or tagging with literally any of the above!

Or in a competitive squash with Serpentico or Fuego or JD Drake or Bear Boulder (there you go, @Octopus) or Pretty Peter or Comoroto...

Hell, gimme Joe vs Hager! Make it a "choke out or tap out" match!

Unreal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I want Caster vs Penta just to hear him rap about the current gimmick. Unfortunately Joe will kill him before that can happen. 

I want them against Dark Order just for Goth Phase extended remix.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Gordlow said:

Oh, man. It was only, like, Friday when @The Natural got us making lists of anticipated matches.

And suddenly the list is just so much bigger! 

It's likely we'll eventually get Joe vs Punk and vs Bryan in AEW or ROH. 

Samoa Joe facing off with Tully's gang of Kaun, Toa Liona, and then Cage (or even Kaun, Cage, then Liona!) could be a pretty epic ROH feud. 

Or a similar run vs the House of Black guys in AEW!

Also Joe vs Mox, Joe vs Kingston, Joe vs Garcia, Joe vs Darby, Joe vs Miro, Joe vs Butcher!

vs Keith Lee, Powerhouse, Kenny, Jungle Boy, Silver, Page...

Or tagging with literally any of the above!

Or in a competitive squash with Serpentico or Fuego or JD Drake or Bear Boulder (there you go, @Octopus) or Pretty Peter or Comoroto...

Hell, gimme Joe vs Hager! Make it a "choke out or tap out" match!

Unreal.

YES

I just hope with a reduced schedule Joe can stay fit and healthy so we get all these matches and more. Give me Bryan v Punk v Joe triple threat, why the hell not.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Matt D said:

I want Caster vs Penta just to hear him rap about the current gimmick. Unfortunately Joe will kill him before that can happen. 

speaking of Penta's current gimmick I want a series of vignettes where Alex plays Orange Cassidy in chessThe Seventh Seal (1957) | MUBI

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6