DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2022 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

12 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

People make bots for no reason. I know one guy that made a bot to go after Jon Popper from Blues Traveler. Popper was so incensed after he learned he was had by a bot that he dox'd the dude. 

Jon Popper vanitysearches himself on Twitter (or at least he used to). So it goes both ways.

No change in an update from Z1. Based on an image just before the impact into the buckle, I'm not sure what would have went wrong because it doesn't look super unsafe or anything. Either he hit just wrong or it's accumulated damage I would guess.

• Sad 1

An unwelcome reminder that wrestling is dangerous, what wrestlers put themselves through for their love for it and our love for it as fans of the great sport. This fucking sucks. Thoughts go out to Shinjiro Ohtani, his family and friends at this difficult time.

Edited by The Natural

I'll just post the image of the German Suplex to Otani as it doesn't look like anything severe, but I'll throw it in a spoiler tag anyway.

Spoiler

20220410zero2.jpg

Edited by Ryan

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

What's this news about Abdullah The Butcher being broke and illiterate?

James

Saw the same article you did. Doesn’t surprise me if so...the claim was he lost the Hannibal case because he never checks his mail or is able to read. His wife also took everything in a divorce.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

I donated to Abbie's GoFundMe and all I got was this lousy thank you letter written in broken Sudanese and some Hep C.

Now that's pro wrestling as fuck.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, J.H. said:

What's this news about Abdullah The Butcher being broke and illiterate?

James

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-me-to-help-abdullah-the-butcher  This is the gofundme for him, basically needs money for attorney fees and can't travel much as he's in need of hip replacement.

He was on Jericho's podcast, and Jericho donated $2,500. 

I assumed Otani was much older than he actually is. He must have been in his early 20s when he popped up in WCW for a minute.

Hoping for the best, even though the initial reports (sparse as they are) don't sound good.

Of all these crazy wrestling things I’ve seen. Abdullah getting zapped in the Chamber of Horrors match might still be up there.  11 year old me loved that match, I don’t care what Wrestlecrap says, that match single handedly encapsulated Halloween.  The good guys defeat the evil monster when the evil monsters own buddy pulls the lever. To deliver a “shocking” badly produced and slightly camp finale.

Wrestlecrap? More like Wrestleawesome!

I loved a good bloody Abdullah brawl, but for whatever reason that Chamber of Horrors match is burned into my memory. I’ll gladly chip in to help out one of my all time favourites 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Of all these crazy wrestling things I’ve seen. Abdullah getting zapped in the Chamber of Horrors match might still be up there.  11 year old me loved that match, I don’t care what Wrestlecrap says, that match single handedly encapsulated Halloween.  The good guys defeat the evil monster when the evil monsters own buddy pulls the lever. To deliver a “shocking” badly produced and slightly camp finale.

Wrestlecrap? More like Wrestleawesome!

I loved a good bloody Abdullah brawl, but for whatever reason that Chamber of Horrors match is burned into my memory. I’ll gladly chip in to help out one of my all time favourites 

RD Reynolds is wrong all the time, but especially about early '90s WCW.

The man panned Slam Jam. Slam Jam is fucking GREAT. 

How are you going to hate on Don't Step to Ron or Simply Ravishing?

He should have had his site shut down just for that. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

The first time I ever saw Abby was when International Wrestling from Montreal aired a "coming soon" video of him brutalizing Dino Bravo in a New Japan ring. That was my first taste if japanese wrestling as well. I must have been 6 or 7 years old and Abby terrified me.

• Like 1