DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2022 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

7 hours ago, username said:

Yeah my main thought about all this bot talk (beyond the obvious "Tony has really thin skin" observation that I've thought for ages) is that it is almost certainly true and almost certainly dumb to point out as it raises the obvious follow-up question "...what about the pro-AEW tweets?". 

This is actually a major takeaway for me, I had the feeling for a while that Dave Meltzer was replaced by a robot somewhere in the 2010s. I mean, there is a weird algorithm / mathematic formula, involving multipliers for numbers of people, Flips and ladders. Aswell as Tokio Dome +2*...

Edited by ReiseReise
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

This is actually a major takeaway for me, I had the feeling for a while that Dave Meltzer was replaced by a robot somewhere in the 2010s. I mean, there is a weird algorithm / mathematic formula, involving multipliers for numbers of people, Flips and ladders. Aswell as Tokio Dome +2*...

Yeah. I was probably a bit awry in my previous post saying he's a "'journalistic' figurehead" .. he clearly has some AEW sources but otherwise speaking he's basically an evangelical snakeoil salesman w/o credentials. He's certainly got no WWE access, and when you consider Lesnar did a lengthy ESPN piece ahead of WM, Rhodes has been on the interview-trail w/ various TV sports outlets & Spotify pieces .. yeah, he's basically a glorified amateur with a newsletter, and its pretty easy to see where his agendas lie.

Hopefully Khan figures this out. Unfortunately Rhodes played him like a fiddle. Leveraged him to go from underground indy-darling to having mainstream exposure w/ Shaq, TBS Talent Show panelist etc., then like a chameleon changed his colours.

2 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

Wouldn't the grammar have improved if Dave was replaced by a bot?

• Haha 3

I can hardly find any information on the Shinjiro Ohtani situation and I'm very very concerned.

Match vs. Sugiura @ the ZERO-ONE 21st Anniversary Show ends after Ohtani can't get up from a German. When he came to he couldn't move his limbs.

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Wouldn't the grammar have improved if Dave was replaced by a bot?

Not sure, a few years back, there were those AI-written Harry Potter chapters / floating around, the grammar seemed fine, but the contents were non-sensical. Maybe this is the evolution of AI we see, where it fumbles grammar to seem more human. 

That Otani situation sounds bad. Hope this isn't like the Takayama incident or even worse. Hope he makes it out OK. 

7 hours ago, ExcellenceofAirPollution said:

From everything I've read Twitter's own algorithms promote negativity and controversy.  But there's a difference between boosting yourself on the platform and targeting a competitor with gimmick accounts and bots.  I'm not active on twitter, is this normal between say KFC and Popeyes?

I was in a Twitter conversation about controversial music takes and I made my correct point about Janet Jackson actually being the person that people think that Madonna is, and I just looked and there are obvious bots on both sides.  I don't know who is doing it or why, but someone has spent a lot of time and resources making bots that will argue about anything.

• Thanks 1

He was taken out on a stretcher and couldn't feel his limbs at the time. His sister was there and went to the hospital with him.
unknown.png

• Sad 4

Alexa Bliss and Ryan Cabrera got married today. Congratulations to the two of them. Commiserations to all those unsociable guys on the internet who thought they had a shot with her. Or him, either way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, AxB said:

Alexa Bliss and Ryan Cabrera got married today. Congratulations to the two of them. Commiserations to all those unsociable guys on the internet who thought they had a shot with her. Or him, either way.

Thanks, we appreciate it.

• Haha 8

8 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

People make bots for no reason. I know one guy that made a bot to go after Jon Popper from Blues Traveler. Popper was so incensed after he learned he was had by a bot that he dox'd the dude. 

I’d be mad too if a bot gave me the runaround.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4