DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania Dynamite - 3/30/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Fuck, I forgot to mention but if anybody can find a clip of Danielson's corner chop during commercial break I would be very grateful.  I couldn't hear it yet that looked so incredibly brutal I can only imagine what it sounded like.

• Like 1

Lord have mercy I'm about to bust. Not so high on Toni Storm and the match confirmed it. Hopefully she gets better.

The great, because there was lots:

Garcia with the hat. Andrade the best wrestler. Darby also the best wrestler. The full rotation on that I think it was a back body drop was wiiiiild. Danielson and Yuta having a great match with the crowd really into Wheeler. He's shown signs of his potential in stuff like the Mox match but the violence and intensity was here tonight. Coming out party. Austin Gunn is my favourite dickbag heel in forever. Really, really good match and showing from Gunn Club. Wardlow tossed a human being into a garbage bin. Punk and Caster was good, solid stuff. Lethal had his best showing so far and while I don't like him that was a helluva finishing run there. Regal on commentary. 

Hobbs vs. Lee and Bucks vs. Top Flight. Lord have mercy I've already bust. Hardys vs. BB in a tables match next week. 

AEW is doing some S Tier shit right now. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Last week, Punk did Bret Hart; this week, he does the Ric Flair Over The Turnbuckle Run To The Other Turnbuckle thing where he would hit an axe-handle if he was a face!  That was the best Max Caster match I've seen.  Punk with the Harley Race piledriver to set up the Anaconda Vice was fucking great.  Jon Moxley and Jay Lethal have any even older school match.  Maaaan, Jay Lethal took that lariat like a fucking KING.  Oh man, that finishing sequence was fucking awesome.  I guess Marina Shafir has signed.  Cash Wheeler is Ricky Morton!  Dax Harwood is an unbelievably great Robert Gibson.  Billy Gunn is Jim Cornette with a fist instead of a tennis racket.  The Ass Boys are both Jimmy Del Rey.  Man, Dax's house a-fire was beautiful.  After a Wardlow interlude, FTR hits the Big Rig and teases an official face turn, but they are so over as the Horsemen in South Carolina- where the Horsemen never Officially turned face.  Man, FTR is white hot.  The JAS beatdown was fabulous.  Daniel Garcia didn't get to put the full Volk Han Sharpshooter but it was still fun.  Who will Eddie get to even the odds?  Wheeler Yuta continues his ELEVATION.  Man, the crowd in South Carolina are the best.  Wheeler Yuta looked fucking great and William Regal was even better putting him over on commentary.  Totally perfect.  Man, I loved the new AEW trend of using the piledriver to set up the submission.  GOTCH STYLE!  YEs!  Adam Cole is celebrating for ME!  The celebration is going all week long!  OH NO!  PAGE AND JURRASIC XPRESS HAVE STOLEN THE BELTS! HOW IS THIS HAPPENING?!?  The Bunny and......... YESSSSSS! TONI FUCKING STORM!  YESSSSSSS!  Jesus Christ,  Toni and the Bunny fucking laid it in.  Oh man, I want to see Storm versus Hayter yesterday.  Bunny looked great.  Toni Storm is so fucking great.  Oh right, sometimes we forget that Andrade is the best wrestler in AEW.  Will it be better than his match against PAC?  My guess is that it will be differently good.  Darby Allin is the new Terry Funk.  He just does the entire wrestling match.  That's the difference between this match and the PAC match, here it not so much Andrade, it's pretty much all Darby Allin bumping like a total psycho.  Actually, maybe Allin is more like ECW 1995 Cactus Jack in that way.  Assorted fuckery gets us to the finish but that was a great perfformance by Allin.  AND THE HARDYS ARE BACK IN CAROLINA!  AND MARQ QUIN IS LEGIT CRUSHED!  My guess is that Schneider picks the Yuta/Danielson match this week.  OH MAN DOES AEW RULE.

This whole rant is 'the best wrestler in AEW'.  What a hot fucking show!  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

oh yeah, Adam Cole and friends came out with stolen belts, Hangman drove a car into the arena, but they didn't have Luchasaurus riding a dinosaur to ringside.

Other than silly KOR moment that made me laugh, this disappointed me. What was the point of the thievery just to get the belts back the next week? Not good. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Natural said:

Yep. Jeff Hardy was grimacing after that Swanton Bomb with the way he lands them now and the injuries through the years.

Just watching them run down the ramp was painful.  They have to have more cortisone than knee now.

• Like 2

Danielson/Yuta was awesome and it wasn't because of Bryan doing any heavy lifting either. Yuta is a made man after this. I wonder if his initiation into the group requires him having to beat his former allies in The Best Friends.

I've always found Caster to be a good bit lesser than Bowens, but he held his own with Punk. People have said Punk has been a bit too giving in his matches with underneath guys, but I thought this was a good way to showcase Max.

In the past I've been pretty vocal about my indifference to The Ass Boys, but this was a perfect position for them to be in and they more than hung in there with FTR. When Wardlow showed up I was worried that the ensuing fuckery would put a damper on what was an otherwise fantastic match, but thankfully the teams go to finish their business.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

Other than silly KOR moment that made me laugh, this disappointed me. What was the point of the thievery just to get the belts back the next week? Not good. 

and it's probably a little too soon to do another ladder match to resolve that

Full contact Hardy swanton is like that the circle of life, Robert Munsch's "Love you forever", where he protected the shit out of his opponents for most of his career but now they must sacrifice themselves to keep him in one piece. Beautiful and I'm sure the young'uns have no issue taking one for team Xtreme. 

God, this episode was great. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Stuff I liked:

Punk & Caster was a solid little affair. Both the Acclaimed guys could be viable singles guys when their tag run is over. I am not advocating for the end of their tag run.

Mox/Lethal was good ass hell. Mox is on another level since he sobered up. Really, really fun to see. I hadn't seen Jay Lethal since TNA some years back so he's been a pleasant surprise. He's completely superfluous on this roster but he's having great matches.

FTR has won me over. I couldn't have given less of a shit about he "good matches because we love tag wrestling" self indulgent stuff they did in nXt, but I don't think they've had a legit bad match in AEW. I was hoping P&P would win the titles next but give me an FTR win so Jungle Boy can move up to the TNT title and P&P and FTR can have another classic, this time for the titles. 

Wardlow is over. Just stupid over. There should be a Brinks truck full of TK money waiting for him when he gets home. Dude is dollar signs.

Holy shit is Bryan Danielson just A1 and the best. I've enjoyed watching Wheeler Yuta develop, but he hit another gear tonight. He's a special prospect, and it's insane to me that WWE passed on putting him in nXt. I hope he's the next member of BCC.

Marina Shafir is going to be presented as a big deal. I wonder if Jade not respecting "that karate shit" is gonna come back to haunt her.

Toni! I would've rather it been Athena, but a cool debut nonetheless. It does present a stark, uncomfortable truth for AEW; this roster is too damn big. You got Ruby Soho working Youtube. That's a problem. I suspect we're gonna see more "contract non-renewal" culling of dead weight ie Marko & Janela and that'll help some. Shifting some folks over to ROH will help, too.

Andrade getting that big Dub. He needed that win in a big way, and it was fairly clean. As clean as someone's gonna get on Darby away from twitter. 

Stuff I didn't like:

Holy shit is Adam Cole just a guy. I don't understand his appeal at all, and there is zero reason for him to be in the spot he's in when guys like Miro and Andrade are on the roster. The seemingly relentless desire of TK to shove guys who were the face of an inferior brand to the top of his show is baffling. At least Fish and O'Reilly know how to work to their size. Cole thinks he's a killer, badass heel. I guess no one has the stomach to tell such a nice guy offscreen that he woefully misunderstands how he comes across as an eighth grader playing wrestler any time his theme song isn't on.

Why are we pretending the Hardys have anything to offer in ring in 2022? Matt can barely walk and Jeff is beyond washed. I guess as long as TK doesn't do something stupid like put the belts on them it'll be fine...

• Like 9

Just now, Jiji said:

KOR has been great as a big goofy bully who pulls weird faces.  No idea why people say he doesn't have personality because he usually does at least one thing a week that makes me laugh.

There was really no reason to continue the Page/Cole feud after Revolution.  They had no real reason to feud in the first place and Cole already lost clean as a sheet.  Let Hangman work with someone more interesting.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Just watching them run down the ramp was painful.  They have to have more cortisone than knee now.

the Dudes with Attitudes needs a member whose main duty involves giving Jeff Hardy piggyback rides down the aisle so he doesn't have to try run-ins

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, just drew said:

Holy shit is Adam Cole just a guy. I don't understand his appeal at all, and there is zero reason for him to be in the spot he's in when guys like Miro and Andrade are on the roster. The seemingly relentless desire of TK to shove guys who were the face of an inferior brand to the top of his show is baffling. At least Fish and O'Reilly know how to work to their size. Cole thinks he's a killer, badass heel. I guess no one has the stomach to tell such a nice guy offscreen that he woefully misunderstands how he comes across as an eighth grader playing wrestler any time his theme song isn't on.

Oh yeah. Adam Cole is poo. What does this dude bring to the show and why is he in the world title feud. Easy bottom five AEW dude.

• Like 3

What a freaking amazing 2 hours of pro wres!

This might be the afterglow, but that was one of the best Dynamites.

So much great in ring stuff...and none of the losers were buried. No 1:30 job outs. Especially Yuta. He's going get a platform to stardom in ROH and AEW.

GUYS....what about a powerbombing masked man debuting on Dynamite in the coming weeks? 2022 Midnight Rider/Yellow Dog/Charlie Brown??

Toni Storm has the potential to be huge in AEW. Great addition.

RAMPAGE looks pretty dope too!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

Oh yeah. Adam Cole is poo. What does this dude bring to the show and why is he in the world title feud. Easy bottom five AEW dude.

I don't so much mind his presence on the roster. I mind that he walked into a top spot when far more talented/credible guys are right there. Starks, Keith Lee, Andrade, Miro.. all better and more interesting choices. 

• Like 4

I'm not trying to be controversial but in my opinion that was a pretty darned good two hours of professional wrestling.

I honestly think Bryan vs Wheeler was list-worthy and the main event was darned close.

CM Punk going for the belt will be hawt!

Loved Moxley's new hoodie!

MJF trying to turn FTR against Stone Cold Steve Wardlow was legit funny.

The Marina Shafir video package made me so happy. I love watching wrestlers work their way up from the YouTube shows!

I couldn't tell if Punk was selling his knee or legit hurt. Loved the dramatic handshake.

The Young Butts are really very good now. ? ☺Tag team pro wrestling!

Future endeavoured ?

And now we know for sure: Sports Entertainment > Pro Wrestling. I can admit when I was wrong.

Man with the mask ?

In all of the awesome that was Bryan vs Wheeler, Young Wheeler's bridge really stood out for me. That was a good bridge!

Also: Gotch Style!

Wheeler Yuta is a made man now.

To be honest, it is 87% about the boom, at most.

The party supplies being two balloons is rock solid foreshadowing that Kazuchika Okada is All Elite. Hopefully he brings his nikuniku burgers to America.

I cannot possibly be the only one who made a JBL joke during Hangman's entrance.

I kind of thought Marko Stunt might have done a Swoggle-style run-in from the party supplies box during the beat-down.

As long as we are bringing in NXT UK ladies who had stand-out Mae Young Classic performances and won belts in Stardom...

Spoiler

Meiko too, please!

Loved the genuine show of emotion from Storm.

Young Bucks vs FTR 2! Young Bucks vs Top Flight! 

Darby is like if Kikuchi had a son with Mick Foley! I cursed out loud four times before the bell rung. I was swearing so much, I started saying Fiddle dee dee" and "I'm going to kick this doghouse down" to take the piss out of myself. 

A couple of my friends were there live. I envy them. What a show! So much wrestling!

Edited by Gordlow
Gotcha
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1