DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania Dynamite - 3/30/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
3 hours ago, Leonidas said:

Any of Deeb Shida Hayter Deeb Shida Hayter Deeb Shida Hayter ∞

Prior to her knee injury I was digging Kris Statlander's team with Hikaru Shida, so could we pretty please have a Shida/Statlander vs Deeb/Hayter match? Maybe ten of them?

11 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Prior to her knee injury I was digging Kris Statlander's team with Hikaru Shida, so could we pretty please have a Shida/Statlander vs Deeb/Hayter match? Maybe ten of them?

Man... Deeb/Hayter would be a Moxley/Dragon type team for the women's division. 

• Like 2

I know the thread title was a good little joke but man... TK isn't pulling any punches.

I'd love the Gunn Club to upset FTR to help build the 'we need a new manager' story.

Is tonight the night Yuta becomes a 'Professional Wrestler'?

Cannot wait for Caster's diss on the Will Smith/Chris Rock slap.

I suspect the Bunny's opponent with be Mia Yim but I quietly hope for Athena/Ember Moon. I think she would be a mega star in AEW.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I know the thread title was a good little joke but man... TK isn't pulling any punches.

I'd love the Gunn Club to upset FTR to help build the 'we need a new manager' story.

Is tonight the night Yuta becomes a 'Professional Wrestler'?

Cannot wait for Caster's diss on the Will Smith/Chris Rock slap.

I suspect the Bunny's opponent with be Mia Yim but I quietly hope for Athena/Ember Moon. I think she would be a mega star in AEW.

Speaking of FTR... with their new Living Legends moniker it wouldn't surprise me if they bring out Larry Z.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, L_W_P said:

No fooling! 

Hmmm... What can we add to.spice this show up a tad?

Oh. Hey. How about Mox, Punk, and Bryan singles matches.

(Remember how a few hours ago I was saying how I like AEW homegrown young guys vs WWE "escapees"? How that is a kind of match I enjoy?

D'arby vs Andrade, Bryan vs Wheeler, Punk vs Caster. All on one card. Good gravy. Holy Moley. Oh my stars and garters.

Edited by Gordlow
Added more curse words
  • Like 6

Last week, Punk did Bret Hart; this week, he does the Ric Flair Over The Turnbuckle Run To The Other Turnbuckle thing where he would hit an axe-handle if he was a face!  That was the best Max Caster match I've seen.  Punk with the Harley Race piledriver to set up the Anaconda Vice was fucking great.  Jon Moxley and Jay Lethal have any even older school match.  Maaaan, Jay Lethal took that lariat like a fucking KING.  Oh man, that finishing sequence was fucking awesome.  I guess Marina Shafir has signed.  Cash Wheeler is Ricky Morton!  Dax Harwood is an unbelievably great Robert Gibson.  Billy Gunn is Jim Cornette with a fist instead of a tennis racket.  The Ass Boys are both Jimmy Del Rey.  Man, Dax's house a-fire was beautiful.  After a Wardlow interlude, FTR hits the Big Rig and teases an official face turn, but they are so over as the Horsemen in South Carolina- where the Horsemen never Officially turned face.  Man, FTR is white hot.  The JAS beatdown was fabulous.  Daniel Garcia didn't get to put the full Volk Han Sharpshooter but it was still fun.  Who will Eddie get to even the odds?  Wheeler Yuta continues his ELEVATION.  Man, the crowd in South Carolina are the best.  Wheeler Yuta looked fucking great and William Regal was even better putting him over on commentary.  Totally perfect.  Man, I loved the new AEW trend of using the piledriver to set up the submission.  GOTCH STYLE!  YEs!  Adam Cole is celebrating for ME!  The celebration is going all week long!  OH NO!  PAGE AND JURRASIC XPRESS HAVE STOLEN THE BELTS! HOW IS THIS HAPPENING?!?  The Bunny and......... YESSSSSS! TONI FUCKING STORM!  YESSSSSSS!  Jesus Christ,  Toni and the Bunny fucking laid it in.  Oh man, I want to see Storm versus Hayter yesterday.  Bunny looked great.  Toni Storm is so fucking great.  Oh right, sometimes we forget that Andrade is the best wrestler in AEW.  Will it be better than his match against PAC?  My guess is that it will be differently good.  Darby Allin is the new Terry Funk.  He just does the entire wrestling match.  That's the difference between this match and the PAC match, here it not so much Andrade, it's pretty much all Darby Allin bumping like a total psycho.  Actually, maybe Allin is more like ECW 1995 Cactus Jack in that way.  Assorted fuckery gets us to the finish but that was a great perfformance by Allin.  AND THE HARDYS ARE BACK IN CAROLINA!  AND MARQ QUIN IS LEGIT CRUSHED!  My guess is that Schneider picks the Yuta/Danielson match this week.  OH MAN DOES AEW RULE.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

I'm not even a Toni fan and I thought this episode was great, hugely overdelivered. Mox vs Lethal was really good, and Bryan vs Yuta was fantastic. Crowd was very hot for pretty much the entire show.

• Like 4

the stuff I can remember

I think the AEW version of a decisive win is that Punk/Caster didn't go as long as the usual match?

Moxley and Danielson in singles action was a good time

Wardlow is just powerbombing people as he walks down the streets

Nice to see FTR win a match in the chaos

JAS got into a long fight with baseball bat shots to a part of the body where you could hit someone without it exposing the business too much

Guess that Toni Storm's burnout ended around 90 days after she left the WWE

Tony K likely referred to Wrestlewar 90 in his explanation of Darby making a save for Sting at ringside

Good job by Matt to have that Chair ready to jab someone going down the aisle

• Like 1

The whole show was big-time *chef's kiss*  But Yuta is a made, made man.  I am very much here for Yuta joining BFC, getting revenge on Trent for the bullying and becoming this year's breakout star of AEW.  I heard a lot about how good he is but this was the first I saw of what he can actually bring to the table.  You can't possibly go wrong with Danielson being your opponent and Regal singing your praises.

• Like 10