DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania Dynamite - 3/30/2022

Dolfan in NYC

I think there have only been three things announced. Last week we ended up with, like, eight segments. I wonder how many more matches and other segments will have been announced by the time I wake up tomorrow. 

I'm enjoying this!  Under-promise and over-deliver! I have so much trust in AEW to entertain me week in and week out. It's pretty amazing. I can remember wishing for something like this, for years. 

Darby vs L.E. Dolo

Yeah. When you can announce this, you really don't need to announce anything else. I am tuning in, unless (say for example) my daughters need something. Then I'm figuring out how I'm gonna avoid spoilers and catch it later. But you get my drift. 

This kind of thing: A guy who grew into a star right in front of our eyes on AEW shows vs a guy who was being "held back" on "the other channel" and showed up in AEW to a huge response... That's a thing I very much enjoy. 

I don't know what direction they are going to go with this specific chapter of the story. I am genuinely excited to find out.

The Bunny vs (Purrozzo? Nox? Yim? Storm? Athena Moon?) (Natalya?)

It's the first step toward the Owen thingy! We don't even know exactly what that is gonna be yet! But, we are excited for it, right? Odds are strong it will be something good. Maybe two good things.

Remember when complaints about AEW having a weak women's division were pretty much legitimate? I almost feel sorry for the haters now. 

The Bunny is awesome. 

FTR vs Austin and Colten Gunn, The Gunn Club

I like tag team wrestling. How about you?

A year or so ago, I probably would not have thought it likely that some day I'd be giddy with anticipation over a TV wrestling match featuring Austin and Colten Gunn (or as people like to call them: The Gunn Club) but here we are. My outrageous hot take is that AEW are (is?) pretty good at getting us to care about the up and coming young wrestlers on their roster. Also, they are good at matching them up with people who can bring out the best in them.

Could be a connection there.

What else are we willing into existence this fine Wednesday?

Edited by Gordlow
speling
  • Like 5

Hell yeah!  This looks awesome.  Hopefully this furthers Jay's storyline of tying to figure out how to become a winner.  BUT I hope he doesn't want to join Regal's Tough Guy Club because that would be shitty.  They're too new to get their Ray Traylor or Mike Rotunda.  Maybe TK can round up Gary Spivey to help Jay. 

Also, can we get some real angle advancement for Statlander?  3 weeks ago: vignette where she changes her look.  2 weeks ago: run in on Hirsch match.  Last week: run in after Hirsch match.   Time to do a little more or at least a promo where she explains what her deal is. 

• Like 3

I predict the Ass Boys reach new heights tonight, but not before Dax and Cash lead them thru their best bout to date (not sure what number 2 would be?).  Andrade-Darby! Moxley-Lethal!  New boost to the Women's roster!  More matches to come!  But I'm already sold. 

• Like 3

A pop-cultural event has occurred in the World - book Max Caster on Dynamite so he can reference it during his entrance rap!

He could end up having the longest career of anyone in AEW, because as soon as he retires (in a few decades, like) he’ll get hired as a manager immediately.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2