DVDVR Message Board

MOON KNIGHT (SPOILER TALK)

Most of that is because of the "Mature" profile locks that came into being because of the Netflix stuff being imported over.  I've seen people have run the mentioned stuff through a profile on both settings and the original remained intact on the Full Unlock setting.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 1:23 PM, TheVileOne said:

Steven's characterization is my main issue with the show. They built the narrative around him, and it's so annoying.

In the comics, Marc created the Steven persona as a rich playboy to monitor and rub elbows with the wealthy elite.

Steven's companies also finance Moon Knight's gear and equipment as well as Spector's mercenary side gig.  Nearly a Batman / Bruce Wayne / Wayne Enterprises parallel, but Steven Grant is another alias of Marc Spector while Bruce is always Bruce.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I presume we don’t get to see the Copter in this series. ?

DC is doing the cosmic powered version of Blue Beetle, so we also won't get to see the bug ship.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/1/2022 at 10:47 AM, odessasteps said:

Well that's a huge red flag. But after watching the first four episodes, it makes sense. Clearly knows very little about Moon Knight and not much of a fan of Moon Knight.

I enjoyed the first episode. I loved how the scenes cutting back to Steven and he was in total WTF mode.

Its also the closest representation to getting blackout drunk I’ve ever seen on TV.  I’ve definitely woken up, wide awake, after a heavy night to not know what day it was, be chained to a bed, have a cute girl be pissed off at me and I have no clue why.  I sleep walk as well, especially when drunk and have woken up in weird places. So it definitely resonates.

For the record, I have never woken up after a night of drinking to find myself in a car chase down a narrow mountain road, at least as far as I can remember.

• Haha 5

Just caught episode one. I had zero expectations because I know nothing about this character. But man I really liked it. The tone and random drop ins and drop outs were definitely keeping my attention. My only question after episode one is who will the gold statue guy end up being? Lol he's giving all this info to a statue performer, hoping it turns out to be someone that factors into the story.

It's only one episode so I will try and temper my expectations. But for me it's up there with Loki as the best Disney shows so far. Did not expect hat.

FPpPpeeX0AE8V6n?format=jpg&name=medium

Episode 2: I enjoyed this as Steven Grant finds a warehouse with money, stolen artefacts belonging to Marc Spector. Arthur Harrow is after the scarab. Grant conjures a suit, the Mister Knight look thinking he can be in control vs this jackal but is unable giving Spector control as Moon Knight but doesn't let Grant regain his body. I'm liking the confusion Grant has over him, his surroundings with the performances by Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke. I see some on social media and @TheVileOne weren't happy with the treatment of Mister Knight. I'm with others in this thread who going into this was their first experience of Moon Knight.

• Sad 1

The first half of the episode wasn't bad, probably would put it as slightly better than the first episode. The second half of the episode(after the jackal was summoned) on the other hand was pretty bad. The manner they went with Mr. Knight was pretty horrible and the the chase sequence between Marc and the jackal just seemed cringey. Also so much bad exposition in the second half which is a shame because I felt the writing was quite good during the Hawke/Isaac confrontation. I will say I enjoyed the choice of Steven fighting the invisible jackal but at the same time I feel like the show continues to go for way too many cheap laughs.

At this point I'll probably wait and see what people think of the next episode and use that to figure out whether I keep watching or not. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I’ll take this version of Mr. Knight over the Warren Ellis stuff. There’s a good chunk of the Lemire run in the show when it comes to the question of what’s real and what’s not and I much preferred that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

While I feel for those familiar with the comics who are annoyed with the changes I continue to enjoy the show.

I can easily this being a show where the less you know of the source material, the better,.

• Like 1

Anybody else catch the Global Repatriation Council advertisement on the bus in the last episode? Hopefully that'll shut up these people online that are trying to say Moon Knight is set in the late 00s/early 10s (all because of a fuckin' flip phone), or not even in the MCU.