DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 3/25/2022

This "nxt black n gold guys steal the titles" stuff is lame. Adam Cole has regressed badly since about 2017, and he wasn't good enough then to regress as much as he has. O'Reilly and Fish are devoid of interesting. There's no reason to give a shit, yet TK keeps forcing them on us. Ruined what was otherwise a really good show.

Looks like Stroke Daddy Starks might be getting that push finally. Professional wrestling as a whole needs less forced serious promos from sawed off workrate dorks like Adam Cole and more awesomeness like Ricky Starks nd Swerve Strickland

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, just drew said:

This "nxt black n gold guys steal the titles" stuff is lame. Adam Cole has regressed badly since about 2017, and he wasn't good enough then to regress as much as he has. O'Reilly and Fish are devoid of interesting. There's no reason to give a shit, yet TK keeps forcing them on us. Ruined what was otherwise a really good show.

Looks like Stroke Daddy Starks might be getting that push finally. Professional wrestling as a whole needs less forced serious promos from sawed off workrate dorks like Adam Cole and more awesomeness like Ricky Starks nd Swerve Strickland

ReDragon at least has a minor case of not losing a one-on-one against JE. Cole was beat fair and square in a singles match. Page should tell remind him that and tell Cole to get to the back of the line.

Big win for Dustin, there!

What will the better way be for Jay Lethal?

Fuego calls out HoB? Dude, no! Matthew's new gear is choice! Oh, wow, Dark Order to the rescue! There's plenty of Evil out there to combat House of Black's brand of evil!

So, out of the currently active guys, Dark Order is basically three sets of tag teams, Cult Cabana and Anna Jay? Is that about right? Well, this team was no match for Red Dragon on this night, though.

Scorpio Sky (and Lambert) have a point that since Sky had to wait for his shot, so will everybody else.

Nyla did beast things and Hook gave no fucks about the award he was presented and even less, if possible, about being cursed by Danhausen.

Main event was fast paced and high impact. Swerve will have such a line up of guys to work with, but Starks finally getting some significant title defences is nice. I kinda figured Lee would bust through the big sign, but he threw somebody else through it. Just as well.

This show could use another hour, but now it's kinda like the old NXT episodes, so that is good, too!

• Like 2

Swerve looked worlds better this week, doing less of his contrived “you go one way and I’ll go the other way” offense.  I loved his back bump kip up to avoid Starks’ diving whatever.  Like something out of a Kung fu movie.  BUT I absolutely agree he needs to workshop some new offense and a new finish.  That front roll flatliner is awful and harkens back to the days in WWE when seemingly 32% of the roster did shitty flatliner variations like Shelton’s Paydirt.  As bad as that is, that double footstomp is worse.  Last time it looked like a flying single leg stomp.  This time he slipped on the landing and it looked like Doink’s Whoopee Cushion finish, just a flying ass splash.  

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Swerve looked worlds better this week, doing less of his contrived “you go one way and I’ll go the other way” offense.  I loved his back bump kip up to avoid Starks’ diving whatever.  Like something out of a Kung fu movie.  BUT I absolutely agree he needs to workshop some new offense and a new finish.  That front roll flatliner is awful and harkens back to the days in WWE when seemingly 32% of the roster did shitty flatliner variations like Shelton’s Paydirt.  As bad as that is, that double footstomp is worse.  Last time it looked like a flying single leg stomp.  This time he slipped on the landing and it looked like Doink’s Whoopee Cushion finish, just a flying ass splash.  

The Whoopie Cushion might be far more convincing as a finish than a lot of the current generation flippy guys finishes.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Yeah let hook get at least a year under his belt first. Personally I think they put the TBS title on Jade too quickly

Hard disagree.

I think it's the best bit of booking TK has done actually. She's a fucking star and holding the title caps off a great presentation.
Yep, she's green AF but she's getting really good, really quickly, and varies up her matches enough to stay engaging. 

I'd watch a Jade Cargill title match before a Britt Baker title match again.

• Like 3