DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 3/23/22

I read about the Sammy line before I actually watched it and thought it was gonna come off as this lowbrow cringe thing... god damnit, I hate myself for taking this position, but it got a pop.

Sammy has this issue with conviction in his promos. When he's being anything other than cocky, it doesn't really feel like he means it. That line felt like he meant it. Lambert's reaction was great through the whole segment. And the crowd, who didn't see it *ahem* coming, reacted well to that brazen, cocky conviction. Furthermore, I'd be willing to bet a lot of the audience who responded to the line positively in the moment, later went online and trashed it once there were usernames involved.

It's still going to be a path to heeldom, how couldn't it?, but when Sammy said the icky words the crowd went yay. This is pro wrestling, something gets a pop and you run with it.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I read about the Sammy line before I actually watched it and thought it was gonna come off as this lowbrow cringe thing... god damnit, I hate myself for taking this position, but it got a pop.

Sammy has this issue with conviction in his promos. When he's being anything other than cocky, it doesn't really feel like he means it. That line felt like he meant it. Lambert's reaction was great through the whole segment. And the crowd, who didn't see it *ahem* coming, reacted well to that brazen, cocky conviction. Furthermore, I'd be willing to bet a lot of the audience who responded to the line positively in the moment, later went online and trashed it once there were usernames involved.

It's still going to be a path to heeldom, how couldn't it?, but when Sammy said the icky words the crowd went yay. This is pro wrestling, something gets a pop and you run with it.

Exactly. The heel buffoon was being a dick to Sammy's girl and got a rather glorious comeuppance for his troubles. Pro Wrestling 200 right there.

• Like 3

I’m down for whatever Sammy’s doing these days.  His second reign with the TNT Title blew the first one out the water.  The ladder could be argued as one of the best ever.  

It’s certainly been a bumpy ride for the guy.  But he continues to level up at just the right pace to put him into an eventual concrete main event position.  

Tay IS pretty hot.  ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Good point actually. The Paige thing was not referenced on TV so it's not a good comparison after all.

Not directly, anyways

xavier-woods.jpg?w=620

^ Promo the day after it came out with Big E asking Xavier if there was something he'd like to tell them before quickly moving on.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 7:00 PM, StevieNippz said:

When I took my non-fan friend to Dynamite a few weeks ago Silver was definitely his favorite out of the bunch. The crowd was going banana for him. Funnily enough he also loved Luther, couldn't get enough of his schtick with Serpentico.

I think they could safely do a short run of Silver with the TNT Title, he’s over AF and looked at as someone who could credibly win or lose any mid/upper-mid card match.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, zendragon said:

maybe it was a normal sized wrench but Leyla is so tiny?

Anyway I really didn't have a problem with Sammy bragging about having sex with his girlfriend however I could do with out "Lucha Whore-us" comment" Lambert and Jericho have used this slut/whore/stripper insults recently and I wish they would knock it off. AEW seems to have a decent fanbase of pre-teen girls. I follow Thonder Rosa on FB and she's always post pictures of her with young fans. Enough with the Misogynistic crap 

THAT Lambert line (and his and Jericho’s previous misogynistic lines) was what bugged me, the rest was inoffensive but lame. 

• Like 2

Punk having one of the best in ring runs of his career right now. Amazing. Easily the best he has ever wrestled as a face.

Can’t wait for Punk/Hangman. It’s going to be electric.

Edited by Jrag

On 3/24/2022 at 9:21 PM, Technico Support said:

Speaking of blaming Botchamania, unless it says "Tommy Vercetti > Link," I don't want to see another video game sign again.

My video game sign would be in real small letters and say "I've only beat five video games and they were all on NES"

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2022 at 7:29 PM, BrianS81177 said:

If Cash ever has to miss time due to an injury or something I think Dax would make a great TNT champ. Would be reminiscent of Arn holding the TV title

This is absolutely true, but so would the reversal of roles. If Dax was injured, I'd totally see Cash with a TNT title run that would be like Arn holding the TV title.

• Like 2

Yuta goes crazy with the ultra violence, maiming all the Best Griends with glass, barbed wire, pizza cutters, etc.  He's running in on matches waffling guys with chairs, jumping dudes backstage, just out of control, nothing can satisfy Wheeler Yuta's bloodlust as he's lost his mind in a misguided attempt to prove himself.  Horrified by his creation, Regal has no choice but to send Mix and Danielson to take him down.

• Haha 1