DVDVR Message Board

NXT STAND & DELIVER (April 2, 2022)

RIPPA

18 hours ago, The Natural said:

FPXH2GaX0AAIrly?format=jpg&name=900x900

FPXFXUGWQAAmeQ2?format=jpg&name=medium

Skinny Gunther looks different, and sling getting used to. Prefer TAFKA WALTER in name and appearance tbh.

Having actually seen the very beginnings of WALTER, I really think he looks amazing. The slim face helps the gimmick imo. The namechange is still stupid. 

34 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

I haven't watched NXT in a long time, this was a great show. I'm up to the women's title match, which I don't think will be good... the women's tag titles match seemed to have all the top talent.

Really? Io and KLR are probably the best two female wrestlers in NXT. Them plus Mandy are the biggest names. 

• Like 2

I think the last time I watched NXT Karrion Kross was still the champion, so suffice to say it's been a while since I've watched NXT. Didn't feel like anything was offensively bad but pretty much every match felt pretty sloppy. Also maybe it's just me but Breakker has some horrible kicks to the midsection.

Plus major points subtracted for no Adam Ant cover.

Edited by blitzkrieg

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Really? Io and KLR are probably the best two female wrestlers in NXT. Them plus Mandy are the biggest names. 

This.

I enjoyed both the woman's world and tag matches. I'm curious about a face Dakota/Raquel. And glad to see Toxic Attraction still hold onto some gold as they continue to be the top heel faction.

Watched tonight. First NXT 2.0 show I've watched. As an unabashed WWF New Generation fan, I've thought all the clips of the new aesthetic looked super cool....but holy fuck was that hard on my eyes by the end of the show. It's one thing to watch a neon explosion on 90s SD footage, quite another when it's all LEDs and lasers. I guess that's a WWE problem in general though, as I watched Smackdown and it wasn't much better in that respect.

Really liked the women's title, WALTER/Drake, and parts of the ladder match and men's tag title matches. I could do without Tony Deangelo and that main was super disappointing. Dolph's weird gear didn't help, he just looked off. He's also starting to look too old for his gimmick. It's a young, brash kid gimmick and he's been at it for what 15 years? Getting to old Shawn Michaels coming out to Sexy Boy territory. Speaking of gear, was pretty sad that Bron was wearing plain late 90s style Steiner Bros. gear and not his early 90s style gear.

Most disappointing thing was that the rip I was watching didn't include the pre-show. The women's tag was the one match I was interested in.

Edited by elizium

On 4/3/2022 at 2:57 PM, Eivion said:

It ended up OK. I don't recall ever seeing Mandy wrestle and I have only seen one Katie Lee Ray match, a war games match. I didn't know most of the people on this and had very low expectations. 

LA Knight vs Walter seemed like a tv main event. It was ok but I wanted more. 

Bron-Ziggler was hurt by the weak ending. 

• Like 1

Only just now caught what I wanted from the show since I was running around a bit this past weekend. Only thing I didn't watch was Bron/Ziggler. 

Raquel/Dakota vs. Gigi/Jacy was nice while it lasted, one of TA's better performances. 

The ladder match was the fun type of clusterfuck you want though damn did Sanga suck at catching people. Was good seeing Grimes finally hold a title.

Tony D vs. Ciampa was ok but disappointing as Ciampa's final match in NXT. Tony has done better.

The 3-way tag titles match was solid with some neat moments, but MSK winning was dumb.

The women's 4-way was good. Dug Io and KLR continuing their team for a bit and everyone got some moments to shine. Io and Mandy came off as stars.

Gunther/Knight was good stuff. Really dug the finish.

Solid show all around though Imperium losing their music kind of pissed me off. I don't mind change, but going from what they had to that generic shit makes zero sense, especially when its music in public domain.

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

Solid show all around though Imperium losing their music kind of pissed me off. I don't mind change, but going from what they had to that generic shit makes zero sense, especially when its music in public domain.

Just a working theory here without any proof... but I'd say there won't be anymore public domain themes in WWE. Just like they started giving guy's WWE names again now that there's competition to take their name to, they'll be giving everyone WWE music. So another Jeff Hardy debuts with WWE theme intact moment doesn't happen.

• Like 1