DVDVR Message Board

NXT STAND & DELIVER (April 2, 2022)

RIPPA

The card for the pre-Mania show is taking shape

NXT Championship: Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Bron Breakker

NXT Women's Championship: Mandy Rose (c) vs. Cora Jade vs. Io Shirai vs Kay Lee Ray

NXT Tag Team Championship: Imperium (c) vs. Creed Brothers vs. MSK

NXT North American Championship: Carmelo Hayes (c) vs. Santos Escobar vs. Grayson Waller vs. Solo Sikoa vs. ???

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Tony D'Angelo

LA Knight vs. Gunther

Updated the card with the new changes - I can't imagine they will add more matches but there also isn't a Women's Championship match so who knows

Also the last spot in the Ladder Match will be filled via a Last Chance 3-way - Roderick Strong vs. Cameron Grimes vs. A-Kid

I feel bad I can't bring myself to care about this show. I'll admit 2.0 is getting better then the dumpster fire it started as, but it still ain't any great shakes.

Feels like this will be the last hurrah for Ciampa and Grimes. LA vs Gunther should be solid.

Added to the card:

NXT Women's tag titles match

Toxic Attraction (Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne) (c) vs. Dakota Kai and Raquel González. Pre Show.

So 7 matches like its bigger brother WM.

Not that it matters because they don't give AF about consistency but Steveson was drafted to Raw last fall. I'd like to think Bron has more story left in him in NXT but who knows?

That Waller elbow drop was stupid and whoever gave the ok for that should be let go. I can't believe I'm turning into an old man about that kind of stuff.

Everything else was ok but based on the matchups I knew we wouldn't get any real bangers. Now to make some cookies and play some FF15 before WM starts.

• Like 1

Every time a new match came up I was thinking to myself fuck man just want this show to be over. If you enjoy this product that's awesome but it just doesn't click for me.

Overall tho I do think there were some positives. The women's 4 way solid and Mandy has totally revitalized her career. The main was roughhhhhh in the early goings. Not a very good match. But I do think keeping the belt on Dolph gives them a good direction. Whoever does beat him (assuming they make this a long run) will be made. That sendoff for Ciampa was a feel good moment.

On the negative side the ladder match trope of not unhooking the belt is 3 or 4 notches more ridiculous now that the belts are velcro. What was up with Dakota & Raquel teaming on the preshow??? Last time I watched Dakota was wearing a reaper outfit and hitting her with a shovel. They got through that story reallll quick. Tony D'angelo sucks. But I did get a good chuckle realizing his gimmick is full on Mac from Always Sunny when he was "pussyhands" in that track suit mobster group.

• Like 1

I hate Peacock,  I had to wait just to catch the replay. Km watching now. This will be my first TakeOver in the 2.0 Era I might skip through some of it because I want to catch Wrestlemania. This opener looks cool, I'm not familiar with alot of these guys. I watched this week's NXUK while waiting for the replay to become available. I think I'd get invested in NXTUK much more because I'm familiar with more of their talent and even the new talent are of wrestling backgrounds. And NXTUK is closer to the early Era NXT especially with it being an hour show every week. With this new corporate regime of WWE though I am afraid they'll just decide to get rid of it or cut most the guys I like after I get invested in it all the way

Edited by Ziggy

1 hour ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Did they change Walter(I refuse to acknowledge him as Gunther) and Imperiums theme music?

19 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Yeah they made it something bland.

Didn't watch the show. My reaction to the theme change is the same as WALTER to Gunther:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Did they change Walter(I refuse to acknowledge him as Gunther) and Imperiums theme music?

If the question starts with "did they change" and pertains to contemporary WWE, the answer is, far more often than not, "yes, and for the worse"

(aside: if they make GUNTHER develop a taste for stereotypical German meats, that would also be for the wurst. )

I actually like the look of the rainbow paint on the updated women's title. It's the aesthetic of the brand so they might as well update the men's title too.

I forgot to mention if you're trying to push someone as a badass maybe don't put safety googles on to cut through styrofoam???

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I actually like the look of the rainbow paint on the updated women's title. It's the aesthetic of the brand so they might as well update the men's title too.

I forgot to mention if you're trying to push someone as a badass maybe don't put safety googles on to cut through styrofoam???

Hey, Styrofoam is abrasive just like hay bales. ?.

Agree with all your post.