DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAB: MADNESS~!

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Poor, poor Furman. This was murderous.

All these years, all these advances in technology, and people are still filming stuff in vertical.

• Like 2

Being shirtless in the stands of a basketball game means you're a fucking problem.  

Dude was super tough when he had a line of cops separating him from the people below. 

9 hours ago, Tabe said:

All these years, all these advances in technology, and people are still filming stuff in vertical.

In the “we are all fucking old” department- I have had it explained to me by college students that you only shoot in vertical now because most of the time you are shooting for Tik Tok

Bellarmine won the Atlantic Sun but they are ineligible for the NCAA tournament due to still being in the process of transitioning from D2

Jacksonville St advances to the tournament instead since they won the regular season title

Bellarmine is the first men’s team in the last 25 years to win a conference tournament while being ineligible for the tournament.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Bellarmine won the Atlantic Sun but they are ineligible for the NCAA tournament due to still being in the process of transitioning from D2

Jacksonville St advances to the tournament instead since they won the regular season title

Bellarmine is the first men’s team in the last 25 years to win a conference tournament while being ineligible for the tournament.

Aw, man.  I didn't realize that about Bellermine.  I was so happy for them to be in the tourney.  Coach Davenport seems like a great dude, and has just done wonderful things for that program.

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And despite losing to the other Jacksonville in the semis. Sucks to be them.

What sucks even more for Bellarmine is they can't play in the NIT either - since that is run by the NCAA too

So they will have to go to the CBI or CIT

Buddy Boeheim sucker punched a FSU player in the stomach during today's game.

No foul was called because the refs didn't see

Like father, like son I guess

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In the “we are all fucking old” department- I have had it explained to me by college students that you only shoot in vertical now because most of the time you are shooting for Tik Tok

Doesn't change that it's wrong.  Basketball courts are wide...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Buddy Boeheim sucker punched a FSU player in the stomach during today's game.

Boeheim has gotten a one game suspension (he is currently sitting out Cuse's game against Duke)

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Boeheim has gotten a one game suspension (he is currently sitting out Cuse's game against Duke)

Which prompted Jay Bilas to go on Twitter and proclaim the suspension unfair because...........Boeheim wasn't penalized during the game.  Huh.  OK.  Never get to punish guys if the refs don't see it.  Good plan, Jay.

• Like 1

Since it is immediate I am putting it here

LSU has fired Will Wade due to all the allegations that LSU was just hit with.

Wade will not coach the Tigers in the NCAA tournament

As a reminder

This will mark the second time that Wade has been unable to coach a Tigers team he led to the NCAA tournament. In 2019, LSU won the SEC regular-season championship, but Wade was suspended for the SEC and NCAA tournaments after reports revealed that a federal wiretap captured him making a "strong-ass offer" for a recruit.

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

How do you allow 9 Big 10 teams knowing how shitty they are in the tournament.   

The roster has to have some jobbers.  To wit!   

Here is YOUR 2022 bracket!  

2022_NCAA_tournament_bracket_mens_basket