DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021-22: PERIOD 3

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This just in, Dominik Hasek still hates Ovi's guts. 

Related development: Ted Nolan seen purchasing Ovie jersey at Caps Team Store.

48 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Who knew I could become a Hasek fan this late in life.

They were joking about him on the Red Wings broadcast last night.  Mickey & Ken obviously like Dom a lot and were praising him while laughing about his quirks.

As I've mentioned here before, Leah Hextall is just horrible on the mic.  So, so awful.  But, hey, at least somebody got in her ear and corrected her pronunciation of Joe Veleno's name between the last game and this one.

The Seattle Kraken started their pre-trade deadline fire sale Wednesday by sending forward Calle Jarnkrok to the Calgary Flames for three draft picks.

Seattle received a second-round pick in 2022, a third in 2023 and a seventh in 2024. The second-round pick this summer is the one the Flames previously acquired from the Florida Panthers.

The Kraken are retaining half of Jarnkrok's $2 million salary cap hit for the rest of the season.

The Flyers will be honoring Claude Giroux prior to tonight's game in honor of his 1000th game

It is also unofficially serving as a goodbye party as Philly is expected to trade him to a contender

Seattle Kraken defenseman Mark Giordano was traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Sunday, the teams announced.

Seattle also sent center Collin Blackwell to the Maple Leafs and retained 50% of Giordano's salary-cap hit, along the way. In exchange, the expansion Kraken acquired second-round picks this year and next year, as well as a third-round choice in 2024.

Giordano, 38, was the Kraken's inaugural captain after spending 15 seasons in Calgary. Giordano is an unrestricted free agent this summer and met with Seattle general manager Ron Francis earlier this month to discuss his future. Giordano expressed a desire to be traded to a contender so he can chase a Stanley Cup this spring, according to sources.

20 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I am somewhat annoyed the price for Giroux seems so relatively low but apparently he basically told Philly where he wanted to go, plus he's a pending free agent, so Philly was pretty much screwed trying to attract any big value there.

They’re still paying 50% of his salary and cap space. Fletcher needs to be fired and never allowed to hold a job in hockey again.

For now, though, I’m a Panthers fan.