DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2022

matt925

I do appreciate you trying to make that idea wrestling related. Springboards and verticals doing dropkicks make wayy more sense than the alternative.

Which by the way WWE already does with the performance center. It's just a social media thing. But all the developmental people do a combine. Men & Women do the weight bench and vertical leap and all that. I think it just happened a week or two ago. So it kind of already is a thing, to a very small degree. But your spin is way more logical than just straight workout stuff.

3 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I do appreciate you trying to make that idea wrestling related. Springboards and verticals doing dropkicks make wayy more sense than the alternative.

Which by the way WWE already does with the performance center. It's just a social media thing. But all the developmental people do a combine. Men & Women do the weight bench and vertical leap and all that. I think it just happened a week or two ago. So it kind of already is a thing, to a very small degree. But your spin is way more logical than just straight workout stuff.

Can we have both a “How far can X beal Isiah Kassidy” event AND a “how far can Keith Lee beal X” event?

35 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Iirc, they aired one the combines on the Network a couple years back. 

Sting's return to the ring last year in AEW after six years knowing what happened to him in WWE is one of the most amazing comebacks ever. I thought a cinematic match was possible with very slim odds. We got that at AEW Revolution 2021 and since then actual tag team matches, all with Darby Allin. The best of which w/ Darby Allin vs. #FTR at AEW Revolution: Grand Slam, 22nd September 2021. Would a singles match happen and with whom?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Casey said:

They’re thinking this, by the way, because talks between him and WWE have supposedly stalled.

Adrenaline

In my soul

There's no deal for Cody Rhodes

CYN is where he's gonna beeeeeeee

Wanted the book, everybody said no

Your creative is awful, Cody Rhodes

Now you're out of WWEEEEE

WOOAAAHHHOOOHHHOHHHHH

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Adrenaline

In my soul

There's no deal for Cody Rhodes

CYN is where he's gonna beeeeeeee

Wanted the book, everybody said no

Your creative is awful, Cody Rhodes

Now you're out of WWEEEEE

WOOAAAHHHOOOHHHOHHHHH

Hey a second verse. I'm no lyricist so I'll contribute this when Cody Rhodes walks back into the AEW locker room...

2cmehB.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I'm just imagining Cody just rambling for a good hour about every single out-there angle he wants to do and, at some point, Vince turns to Prichard with the same look Santana gave the camera during that Jericho meeting.  You know the look.  The one that says "you believe this motherfucker right here???"

• Haha 6

49 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I'm just imagining Cody just rambling for a good hour about every single out-there angle he wants to do and, at some point, Vince turns to Prichard with the same look Santana gave the camera during that Jericho meeting.  You know the look.  The one that says "you believe this motherfucker right here???"

I like Cody but the mental image of him prattling on about Doomsday and the four replacement Supermans in Vince's office is too funny, man

• Haha 5

Comparing post match pics of a blown up Jericho pics to his pre match un blown up physique is preeettttyyyy disingenuous....

Those two bad looking shots are after he worked a match. Matches in which, during his entrances he looked just as good as the good looking pics. It's just how an older body with a lot of miles on it works.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

“The only way I’ll sign is if I can come out through the middle entrance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Perhaps they haven’t opened some sections yet, axs doesn’t do seat maps like Ticketmaster, but right now for double or nothing the best available tickets are halfway up the upper level on the two sides not on the hard cam. If that’s the best seats left it is going to sell out. 

• Like 1

Jim Cornette: "Well now Jericho's gone from being a fat ass to a skinny nobody Iggy Pop looking cruiserweight motherf***er that doesn't look like he could beat up a hillbilly wino at the local watering hole! Thank you, fuck you, bye!"

Spoiler

Sarcasm.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Comparing post match pics of a blown up Jericho pics to his pre match un blown up physique is preeettttyyyy disingenuous....

Those two bad looking shots are after he worked a match. Matches in which, during his entrances he looked just as good as the good looking pics. It's just how an older body with a lot of miles on it works.

Yes and no.  He's in much better shape right now than he has been in years.  Yeah, of course he looks better pre match than post match, but he's clearly been putting in some work at the gym.  Also, a bit of facial hair gives definition to your jawline, which is a big factor in those pics as well.  

• Like 3

Regardless of how it started, he seems to understand how lame and cringeworthy "GFY" is and he's leaning into it.  He had the most smug, shit-eating look when he said it Wednesday.  We've already had him berating PnP for denying the fans the chance to see Jericho, and he's now twice gone off on how he's the top guy, noy any of the champions or headliners.  If his new character is "guy who clearly thinks he's a bigger star and better entertainer than anyone on the roster," that's pretty cool.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

So, with the NFL Combine going on, I thought of something to put over the AEW wrestlers... the AEW Combine.

Before you laugh, think about it.

No, think about it. We say they're great athletes, but we can really show their athletic skills by various physical activities. We'd have to modify the activities some what.

Like, instead of being judged on vertical leap, we can judge them on drop kick height. Or height in the air springboarding off the ropes. (Or seeing how high Keith Lee can Biel them)

(Ok, now you can laugh, there's no way it wouldn't be original NXT-ized, but wouldn't it be funny.. "So he got an amazing 11'10 on the springboard leap test, but that Biel record might be in jeopardy here if he angers Keith Lee")

All Japan Women had a dropkick contest a long time ago. My memory says Toyota won. 

• Like 1

First official $1 million gate. Under 1k tickets left but there’s three more obstructed view sections to open before getting to the over 14k sellout. I’m genuinely nervous about my ticket because it seems too good to be true and axs didn’t have a seat map until only the upper level seats were left. My ticket has a face value of $65 and according to the seat map sites, I’m in the second row of the lower level. I have to expect there’s either a giant pillar in front of me, or I’m really in the 28th row (and that still seems a little cheap). We’ll see. 

• Like 6