DVDVR Message Board

March 2022 Wrestling GIFS and Pics

18 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

"Gigolo" Jimmy Del Rey of the Heavenly Bodies.

3 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

aka Jimmy Graffiti, which blew my mind when I first found that out….like, last year.

I have vague memories of a WCW syndicated jobber named Graffitti?

50 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

277464703_5043787519012140_9110498511344

That’s an amazing card from March 1979; includes involvement from WWWF, AWA and Crockett.

Backlund and Bock having to follow Flair/Steamboat reminds me of the Final Conflict cage match... specifically, the semi.

Spoiler

Flair and Greg Valentine for the NWA title in a 60 MINUTE DRAW.

Seriously, the fucking audacity of that company.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

277464703_5043787519012140_9110498511344

That’s an amazing card from March 1979; includes involvement from WWWF, AWA and Crockett.

That's a damned Supercard if I ever saw one. Also, down there in the fine print, I found The Missing Link.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The Great ML said:

I know many of us have our Holy Grails and other lists of footage they wished existed, arena cards 1970s single-city territories that were basically the pro wrestling version of "All Star Games" on a monthly basis are the peak of my "dammit I am bummed that I will never see these matches/cards. 

We got a little taste of that from the "pre-Mid South exclusive" Houston footage that got out there through NWA On Demand a few years back, but those post-Sheik Toronto cards, Muchnick's St. Louis cards from the peak of the NWA, and 1970s Hawaii shows that had all tons of American talent stopping over on the way to and from Japan, some of those cards (especially the Hawaii card) are absolutely mind-blowing in terms of stacked talent in interesting matchups that didn't play out on a loop anywhere else. 

Edited by clintthecrippler
  • Like 2

I feel like Tenta is a Norm situation:

E5wBmV9X0AYFsRe?format=jpg&name=large

Cut his hair shorter and give him some Warby Parkers and he looks like your coworker who won't shut up about craft kombucha or whatever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I don't know if it's crazy coincidence or the rough lifestyle but man oh man 80s wrestling was full to the brim of guys who were seemingly born looking 42.

In three days, I'll be a year older than Harley Race was when he entered WWF.

Not to brag, but I look a hell of a lot better than Harley did then.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Log said:

In three days, I'll be a year older than Harley Race was when he entered WWF.

Not to brag, but I look a hell of a lot better than Harley did then.

To be fair, he was stressed out over who was going to take his money.

af35e6ada9e745d4-600x338.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7