DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Well I already hit the "your LL is below the recommend LL for this Mission" in the story so I gotta grind some other shit now.

And that is only like after the first 4 missions

The wailing and gnashing of teeth from Hunter Nation has begun.

Leave it to Bungie to redo Void and remove one of the few useful team buffs that Hunters had for PvE.

It even stacked.  Hopefully the new Invis mechanics makes up for this.

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I wouldn't read into one person bitching

Especially barely 36 hours into the new season

Bottom Tree Nightstalker got both of us our Xenophages.  Smoke is by far the most useful buff, but free stacking mobility, resilience and recovery was nothing to sneeze.  It also got us through many a boss fight in the Pit of Heresy.  The loss of Heart of the Pack is a fairly painful blow to Void Hunter usefulness in PvE on paper.

Hunters already have bad enough of a rep when it comes to PvE.  It could only be two hours into the new season and players will point to the loss of Heart of the Pack as a reason / excuse to exclude Hunter Mains from Raids and Strikes. 

I still remember the frustration of finding LFG groups that would take me along for Pit of Heresy runs until I started specializing in Xenophage runs.  People figured out how useful Hunters were when I would sneak them through the Ogre Maze unscathed.

Edited by J.T.

I am enjoying the different reasons the game is coming up with to okay us still shooting Cabal

The mid-level rewards during missions is so nice but yeah... I don't know how I could possibly beat this on Legendary solo (since mostly all the tips already involve using weapons I don't have since I have no friends.)

I really hope folks are reading the lore drops as they get them

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The mid-level rewards during missions is so nice but yeah... I don't know how I could possibly beat this on Legendary solo (since mostly all the tips already involve using weapons I don't have since I have no friends.)

I'm 4 big missions in. The first 2 and fourth are doable solo. You need to go to LFG for the third.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I really hope folks are reading the lore drops as they get them

I kind of let them build for it a bit but am reading through them now. Its definitely interesting stuff, especially the reports from Caiatl, Osiris, & Eris.

I am watching Datto's Twitch stream from Day 1 up through the parts I have done.

It is him, Danielle and Leopard and the third mission ("Ghosts") absolutely handed their ass to them.

Now they did get boned a little because at the first major encounter, they killed one of the Enlighted Hive and the ghost glitched under the floor so they couldn't kill it. Also didn't help that Leopard kept forgetting he had Lasting Impression on his rocket so he kept killing himself and using up lives.

• Like 1

HA! No sooner did I type that when on the next mission - the Pyramid shifted to right where Datto was standing, instantly killing him AND trapping his body inside a ledge so no one could revive him

• Haha 1

Yeah, its best to wait till the shifting is done before you jump around.

The Pyramid is much more manageable solo. I did it last night. Its also where the glaive shined a bit for me after I noticed a void fragment that heals you each melee kill.

Decided to try two rounds of Gambit. Its alright. Still have an issu ewith morons not knowign when to invade. I lost both because my tea mates never seemed to invade during the Primeval fights. Tried doing it myself and sucked as expected. What's more for some damn reason a Titan was outrunning me despite my having way the fuck higher mobility. Shit like this is exactly why I'm not an invade. PvP just isn't my thing. 

Edit: Will say that the boss/mote portions are far better balanced than before. Enemies aren't super difficult during mote process so its runs far quicker while the boss is basically back to original prime mechanics and can't simply be melted in 30 seconds.

Edited by Eivion

I hate douchebags who do that, especially with new strikes.

Add the Cunning to another of the LFG necessary missions. More specifically the boss. You can actually run it fine up till that point where that fucker one-shots you. Honestly, I'm not sure he isn't bugged since I didn't seem to eat that kind of damage when I did the fight with a fireteam.

Edited by Eivion

Oh no! Mom and Dad are fighting again.

I legit just finished the Cunning about 10 minutes ago. I really like the call back - especially for those that didn't raid.

I didn't die instantly but it hurt like a son of a bitch. Now - I hit 1500 during that mission thanks to some lucky RNG so that might have helped.

Still the pillars were my deep personal friends

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Still the pillars were my deep personal friends

Just like the cliffs were in that D1 mission on Mercury where you assassinate the Fallen baron.  Sweet, sweet sniper rifles.

41 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I hate douchebags who do that, especially with new strikes.

There is always that one asshole that tries to sparrow forward, dies, and quits out.

Edited by J.T.

It really does feel like this is the best campaign they have ever done across two games.

However, I do admit that it has been so long since I played Taken King I don't remember a lot of TK so it could be recency bias

Oh sure NOW you do that after I hit 1500

A few other things that Bungie has tweeted out the last day or so

The exotic for Dead Messenger won't be available until March 1 (and in game message appeared earlier than it should have)

They have turned off Lightning Rounds in Dares because there was an issue preventing people from completing it

They already closed the exploit on Throne World Engrams

Raid Power for Contest mode is 1530