DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

At least you've been playing the entire time so there was no ring rust involved. 

I thought it would take me longer to adjust to the Hunter jump but I am having almost no problems

Dodging however.... that is a foreign concept to a Titan main

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is funny - I am sure I knew this and probably forgot but doing the New Light story with my Hunter reminded me

Canonically - if you start a character now, they are not the guardian who destroyed the Black Garden, you aren't the one who stopped Ghaul, you aren't one who killed Uldran Sov and avenged Cayde. Heck you never even met Cayde

That is fucking crazy.  How do they resolve that shit?  Flashbacks?

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That is fucking crazy.  How do they resolve that shit?  Flashbacks?

Basically, your ghost fills in the gap for some stuff because at some point during New Light you run around to meet everyone, so he fills in the gaps with backstory

The one I definitely paid attention to was when he was telling me about Cayde so it is clear my character has never met Cayde

But yeah - there is a weird multiverse type thing technically happening

The comments on this video do a real good job of bringing up all the various issues

My favorite

“Shaw Han is a veteran hunter” 

Also Shaw Han: *Uses a Kovostov

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The comments on this video do a real good job of bringing up all the various issues

My favorite

“Shaw Han is a veteran hunter” 

Also Shaw Han: *Uses a Kovostov

Yeah, I totally hate that.

Edited by J.T.

49 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, I totally hate that.

It is one of the bigger issues that Bungie has flat out said they have to improve - the New Light experience

That being said - it is probably too late for them do anything before Lightfall

They might just be waiting till after Final Shape and do it with whatever Destiny is gonna look like beyond this story arc 

Oh I feel bad for Salt today

In the new TWAB - they announced that Divinity will be getting nerfed (instead of doing 30% weakness it will do 15%). They had been looking into the nerf for a long time

Of course - no one will pay attention to that and so I am sure he is gonna get another round of death threats

Aztec apparently did a Trials run with Salt and Les with all three running Divinity. They slaughtered most of the teams until they fought GrenaderJake, That one they quit at 4-4 since they knew he was running a carry while while they were just fucking around.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Aztec apparently did a Trials run with Salt and Les with all three running Divinity. They slaughtered most of the teams until they fought GrenaderJake, That one they quit at 4-4 since they knew he was running a carry while while they were just fucking around.

• Like 1

What is insane is that it actually shows how fucking good Jake is that they had that match 4-4

I mean the tactical Thundercrash so he could get revives is so fucking big brained

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

What is insane is that it actually shows how fucking good Jake is that they had that match 4-4

I mean the tactical Thundercrash so he could get revives is so fucking big brained

I have been catching clips of the Jake the last few months, and he has to be among the best PvP players. Seeing other streamers be fairly good at PvP and then seeing Jake in action really shows the insane distance there can skill wise in Destiny. Really makes me curious who is ranked where internally at Bungie. I hope release a top 100 or something at some point.

• Like 1

Yeah, Jake is unreal.  I'd hate to find him, Aztec, and CammyCakes on the other side of a Comp match.  You can tell by the way he takes corners that he knows his shit.  I came a long way in my PvP game before I quit, but I wasn't even close to being that good.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

My new favorite thing is whenever there is a weapon controversy now - Byf and Myelin join forces to do a lore video about it

That is the Divinity one and they just dropped one about Eager Edge

• Like 2

I'm in the middle of their Half-Truths/Other Half vid. Kind of love hearing about the Nine and the multiverse stuff with other Bungie games. I knew MIDA was from another universe for instance. I had no idea it was from Bungie's first fps shooter, Marathon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm in the middle of their Half-Truths/Other Half vid. Kind of love hearing about the Nine and the multiverse stuff with other Bungie games. I knew MIDA was from another universe for instance. I had no idea it was from Bungie's first fps shooter, Marathon.

I actually played Marathon in college. We played in the college newspaper office - it was an impromptu LAN party basically

So very old....

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I actually played Marathon in college. We played in the college newspaper office - it was an impromptu LAN party basically

So very old....

Never played it, but taking my age into consideration and seeing what I was playing or watching my brother play on computer once again makes me realize how much my family was showing stuff that was not age appropriate. Thought it was just movies but apparently not upon reflection.

• Like 1

Have to admit I was kind of hoping the ending mission would be a bit bigger in scale. Still dug the fight in the big scene and am curious to see where they take Eramis. Have to admit I thought she might bite it for real this season, but I guess they are saving that for a bigger story.