DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

Finally started the grind to get my Warlock the missing exotics I have from Legendary Lost Sectors

Today was getting Falling Sunstar... which I am sure I will never ever use.

One positive is in working through this - I finally got the Leviathan's Breath catalyst to drop.

Jesus will it take forever to finish that.

Ran around in the Throne World today and discovered that all the Deepsight circle things were removed and you just automatically get Deepsight from random things now (sometimes it was just a matter of being close to things)

I tried to find something official about it but all I keep getting is back in March when they temporarily removed Tier 3 chests because everyone was farming them

I have been enjoying the new IB mode - it is definitely designed for folks to play agressively so that clearly fits my PvP style

I've only gotten the new map twice. Jesus is that fucker big. Of course, first time on it, I immediately ran into a hole

Finally got my Iron Lord title and will probably immediately gild it.

My PS4 issues mean I'm missing Iron Banner this week. I did manage an hour this morning before my PS4 randomly shut off again. I lost every game with one of them being pretty close (147-150). I don't love the new mode as the resistance for Primed players feels too high. Otherwise it was ok. A handful a games is unfortunately not enough to get a real feel for it, and I won't have my PS4 potentially for a week after taking it in not long after it shut off earlier today.

My biggest complaint... sorta... is how quickly a match can get out of hand with the bonus scoring.

Like it can be a game within a couple of points and in less than 20 seconds a team scores 30 points and it is basically over.

That being said the matches, for the most part, are really quick. And because of said quick scoring - teams can make comebacks that normally wouldn't be possible.

I think I have only gone full time twice and both were on the giant ass new map

Sounds like Bungie finally figured out that Divinity is Instant Debuff in the form of a fusion rifle and it totally trivializes most player character debuffs.   The threat of nerf has totally freaked out the community because God forbid that Void Hunters start getting invited to raids. 

My head says that Divinity needs a nerf, but my heart does not because the quest to get the weapon is hard AF.   I was only halfway through before I quit and getting to that point took three fucking months.  I can only imagine the betrayal that players will feel if Divinity is nerfed.

Saltafreppo has to be the most hated man in the world right now.

Edited by J.T.

It has nothing to do with Bungie

It has to do with the community - like the rest of the internet - can't have a conversation about anything. (Okay - it does have to do with Bungie for not reigning Divinity in sooner)

But god forbid you bring up the idea that if a weapon is basically mandatory to beat a raid (at least on Day 1) then maybe you need to have a conversation about said weapon.

The not insane people (the ones not wishing death on Salt) are worried that it will turn into something like Whisper where basically after its nerf - no one uses it. I get that

One solution I saw floated out, which is so simple in concept (assuming it isn't impossible on the backend) is to give Div two modes - where it either gives the Debuff OR provides the extra damage. But you can't get both at the same time.

I would be curious to know how many folks complaining actually have Div. 

(Side note - I am giggling at all the creators who clearly don't want to deal with this but knew they better put out a video about it to capitalize on the clicks)

47 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

(Okay - it does have to do with Bungie for not reigning Divinity in sooner)

BINGO~!  You understood the point I attempted to make.   This absolutely has everything to do with Bungie and their content design.

I get it that the road to Divinity is arduous and painful but once you have one, it literally allows raid groups to substitute Divinity for Shadowshot and other player created debuffs.  The people in the community who argue that Divinity is / was not mandatory are out of their fucking minds.  I have slogged through the "Must Have Div!" and "Div Only No Tethers!" posts in LFG enough times to know what's what, just as I did during the "Bring Whisper!" and "Must Have Outbreak!" eras.

I get it that Bungie nerfs almost always result in obsolescence and that they do not know how to reel in their gear without destroying it.   The Xenophage nerf was one of the straws that broke the camel's back for me, so I understand why players are concerned about Divinity.

That being said, this conversation needs to be had.  That fucking gun allows players to exclude other players from raid invites because of the class they like to play (in this case as with most, Hunters are the most affected class) and that is the real problem.

That being said, it is probably best if they just left Div as it is.  You've already let the djinn out of the bottle and it is too late to try to stuff it back inside.

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

(Side note - I am giggling at all the creators who clearly don't want to deal with this but knew they better put out a video about it to capitalize on the clicks)

Datto had a nice vid and take on it. He also pretty much admitted he has avoided talking about the issue and others for years now because he is too old and fulfilled with life outside of Destiny to deal with the bitching.

I mostly don't care as I don't do raids or have Divinity. When I go to Bungie's Fireteams site these days I don't see must have this and this too much outside of LL or mic.

I almost hope they do go ahead and nerf Div out of spite.  The greater D2 community is a gigantic herd of the most toxic doucebags on God's green earth.  That and Div needed to be reeled in anyway. 

That being said, it's not the community's fault that Div is such a crutch.  They aren't the ones that designed the goddamned thing and let it go live as is into the sandbox.

Easiest way to fix it is to make it select fire like the D1 exotic scout rifle, Boolean Gemini, was.  Make players choose between the stun / debuff or the enhanced damage feature.  Don't give them both at the same time.  That won't prevent two raid group members from having Divs set to either feature, but at least you won't have one guy that handles all of the debuff and stun locking on a boss without using a super.

Edited by J.T.

Was fiddling around with DIM and Destiny Armor Picker yesterday to optimize my Arc Titan build and of course I need like a million Enhancement Prisms and Ascendant Shards to masterwork all the pieces

?

• Sad 1

I had a lot until I started playing my Warlock regularly. I have no idea how people keep 3 characters at max level.

Now that being said - I did pick the loadout that only required masterworking 2 pieces. Of course of them is Heart of Inmost Light.

Stupid extra cost because it is an exotic

I had no idea of the stealth quitter penalty that was introduced yesterday since I played no PvP but it is wild to me the amount of people who think it is totally acceptable to quit out of a Control match and there shouldn't be punishment.

Bad connection - I totally understand

But, yeah, for today in what the "community" is angry about, there ya go

Pretty sure they mentioned the quitting penalty coming a previous TWAB. I never quit unless I have something more important to do at that specific moment, but I'm not surprised people are bitching. Its a dick move, but people like to quit when they are frustrated. And current matchmaking probably sees more people on the higher end frustrated. Those guys and gals are also the most vocal.

Its interesting hearing Aztec complain about Master Raids being lackluster due to not offering a good enough reward in Adept weapons since you can craft better versions of Raid weapons. I feel like he and Bungie are missing the actual issue which is that Raid weapons probably shouldn't be craftable in the first place. Bungie not having craftable adept weapons makes perfect sense. Being unable to craft dungeon weapons while raid weapons are fully craftable though is fucking moronic. Raid weapons are generally among the strongest (especially the latest King's Fall batch with double damage perks). So why the hell are those craftable opposed to dungeon weapons which are solid-good but nothing too crazy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

Its interesting hearing Aztec complain about Master Raids being lackluster due to not offering a good enough reward in Adept weapons since you can craft better versions of Raid weapons. I feel like he and Bungie are missing the actual issue which is that Raid weapons probably shouldn't be craftable in the first place. Bungie not having craftable adept weapons makes perfect sense. Being unable to craft dungeon weapons while raid weapons are fully craftable though is fucking moronic. Raid weapons are generally among the strongest (especially the latest King's Fall batch with double damage perks). So why the hell are those craftable opposed to dungeon weapons which are solid-good but nothing too crazy.

I totally agree. 

So are you only able to craft the Raid weapons for the Raids you've completed, or are all of them unlocked now?   Being able to craft a Fatebringer or Vision of Confluence without having to do the D2 VoG might coax me into re-installing.

Edited by J.T.

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I totally agree. 

So are you only able to craft the Raid weapons for the Raids you've completed, or are all of them unlocked now?   Being able to craft a Fatebringer or Vision of Confluence without having to do the D2 VoG might coax me into re-installing.

Come now, you know they never make it that easy. Right now its just the Witchqueen raid and the refurbished King's Fall. There are plans to update old raid and dungeon weapons with origin traits and new perks, but even that will require rerunning them for the newer stuff. Not sure whether those raids will also have their weapons craftable, but it wouldn't shock me in the slightest at this rate.

In general its part of their plans to update older material that is sticking around up to today's standards. We are supposed to be getting updated strikes at some point as well. 

Edited by Eivion

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Come now, you know they never make it that easy. Right now its just the Witchqueen raid and the refurbished King's Fall.

That's sucks, because I recall the King's Fall guns being some of the ugliest looking weapons in the game and the Crota raid guns were solidly in second place.  Touch of Malice was the only weapon from those raids that was even close to having a pleasing aesthetic.

I'd much rather be able to craft VoG weapons from the game widgets.  it would almost be worth the grind.

Ah the old times before it all went to Hell.  I miss the D1 days of wearing Dustwalker armor with Bones of Eao and the Hanged Man shader while running around gunning players down in the Crucible with my god-roll Grasp of Malok.   I AM BLACK DEATH~!!

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That's sucks, because I recall the King's Fall guns being some of the ugliest looking weapons in the game.  I'd much rather be able to craft VoG weapons from the game widgets.  it would almost be worth the grind.

From what I've caught from streams they are mostly so-so looking. Have to agree the VoG weapons are prettier. Honestly, the best looking weapons to me right now are probably from the Duality Dungeon. Season of the Haunted's weapons look nice as well. Honestly for some reason Calus related weapons seem to be among the better looking. Season of the Haunted had some of the nicest looking weapons be it the Opulent weapons, Duality weapons, or general season weapons

• Like 1