DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2: Witch Queen

RIPPA

I was right in that a lot of folks are looking to do last minute things today

Only problem is I haven't found any who aren't fucking flakes yet

Japan apparently dropped the trailer early so Bungie went and released all the info.

Opulent/Menagerie weapons return.

Solar 3.0. Looks like there is a decent amount of new abilities which makes me suddenly look forward to Arc. 3.0. The fact that they are going this route though also kind of shows they kind of fucked up in D2 with Solar/Arc seeing that Void didn't really get much new outside of aspects and fragments.

New badass skeleton armors for the seasonal ornament.

New Scythe weapon which is either a glaive or maybe something akin to the seasonal artifact like we had in Rise. I desperately want it to be something we can keep. 

New Trace Rifle is among the new weapons. No idea if its an exotic or legendary. 

Edited by Eivion

6 hours ago, Eivion said:

New Trace Rifle is among the new weapons. No idea if its an exotic or legendary. 

Aren't all Trace Rifle's Exotic or have they introduced Legendary ones while I've been away?

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Aren't all Trace Rifle's Exotic or have they introduced Legendary ones while I've been away?

There is one Legendary - Retraced Path - which you can get via Dares of Eternity (part of the 30th Anniversary stuff)

Since the trace rifle is with the "seasonal weapons" I am pretty sure it is a legendary

Bungie is gonna have to have a chat with the folks doing the Japanese stuff as they were the ones who also spoiled the Trespasser being the Exotic weapon a couple of weeks ago because they forget to redact the name out in the TWAB

If Bungie turned the carbine in the bottom of the image into an in-game scout rifle made by Tex Machina, I might come back.

QSgGLS2h.jpg

It also needs to make the proper "puf puf" noise when you open fire.

Edited by J.T.

I am just amused at how Beloved is returning since now we know the only weapon that will be used in Crucible

(I mean I loved Beloved as it was the only D2 sniper I was ever good with)

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am just amused at how Beloved is returning since now we know the only weapon that will be used in Crucible

(I mean I loved Beloved as it was the only D2 sniper I was ever good with)

I agree.  it is really funny how the Bungie devs rage about meta and then turn around and introduce meta into the game.  They may as well bring 1000-Yard Stare back with Hidden Hand, Rangefinder, Arrowhead Break, and Accurized Rounds so that it can break the Crucible all over again.

Edited by J.T.

Well I will say - theoretically - the changes to everything they have made allow them to make changes to weapons/powers on just the Crucible side

So they might be starting to feel more comfortable returning more things to the pool as they can monitor better

At least in this case - the returning items make sense given the theme of the season.

I am sure there will be much wailing of teeth now that your can't pseudo craft the weapons via the Menagerie as previously

Now if they give me a Haunted version of the Menagerie I will misplace my pants

I can honestly say that I really enjoyed The Menagerie because the loot did not suck and Hunters had a clear PvE role.  I saved many a Legendary run by throwing smoke bombs and gong on invis recovery runs.

That being said, the return of the Menagerie does not make me want to come back.  You have a new story, but you are still relying on recycled content.  Either the devs are running out of ideas or nostalgic players are ruining the game by always wanting to do old shit.

Some assholes on the Bungo board are always posting BRING BACK ZERO HOUR~! and then they get offended when people that remember that the good ol' days weren't always good are like, "Timed missions?  Fuck that!"

Edited by J.T.

Just to be clear - there is no indication they are bringing back the Menagerie

I am just saying a haunted version of that would be better than some of the seasonal activities they have come up with

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Just to be clear - there is no indication they are bringing back the Menagerie

I am just saying a haunted version of that would be better than some of the seasonal activities they have come up with.

Damn, I'd definitely be down for Haunted Menagerie. 

Curious as to what sick meta will come out of the return of Beloved.  Some of those new rifle perks can come in really busted configurations.  Austringer will also be a problem in PvP since Bungie refuses to reel in Hand Cannons.

The roll I got for my Austringer when the Menagerie first came out was a thing from Hell.  Snapshot Sights / Rangefinder / Accurized Rounds / Smallbore.   It was sooooo broken and great.

Edited by J.T.

42 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Curious as to what sick meta will come out of the return of Beloved.  Some of those new rifle perks can come in really busted configurations.  Austringer will also be a problem in PvP since Bungie refuses to reel in Hand Cannons.

They are curbing special ammo a bit this season to a point where snipers and fusions will have some trouble becoming/staying meta. Hand cannons are still good, but there is enough variety out there for other weapon types they don't dominate as blatantly as before.

"Reduced the number of wins needed for the Gold Coins gilded Triumph for the Dredgen Seal from 50 to 30."

OF COURSE now they drop it - I would have gilded multiple times over if this was the thresh hold from the start

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

"Reduced the number of wins needed for the Gold Coins gilded Triumph for the Dredgen Seal from 50 to 30."

It fucking figures.   We're just letting people waltz to titles now.

Looks like all of the returning Opulent weapons are craftable, including the Austringer. That is nice. Wasn't sure Hand Cannosn would be based on the lack of them even having spot. Even Swords had one at the Relic. Amusingly enough, still no craftable swords though there is a new exotic one.

Seeing that there is a new auto-rifle in patterns that isn't in collections I assume they left the new dungeon weapons out until Friday. Edit: Turns out new weapon is in the season pass which means they fucked up and left it out of collections on accident.

Looks like Trace Rifles are overload this season. Thought it would be anti-machine guns for sure. 

Edited by Eivion

I didn't get to play much last night but I do enjoy the return of "okay - you just completed the activity, you have 90 seconds to run around like a loon finding things"

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There is no waltzing to anything when you have to play that much Gambit

The lowering of any requirements, ever so slight, is still unacceptable.  Make them suffer getting Dredgen as I suffered.

Apparently Titan and Warlock mains absolutely hate Solar 3.0.

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Apparently Titan and Warlock mains absolutely hate Solar 3.0.

It has been less than 24 hours - people really need to get a grip

And I have already come across multiple THIS WARLOCK BUILD IS BROKEN~! videos

I have gotten 2 Opulent Keys so far and both chests gave me Beloved. Not sure if that is the default loot or I am just getting good RNG

I am enjoying that this season's weird collectable is Calus bobbleheads

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I have gotten 2 Opulent Keys so far and both chests gave me Beloved. Not sure if that is the default loot or I am just getting good RNG

I am enjoying that this season's weird collectable is Calus bobbleheads

Gotten three so far. Each key was a different Opulent weapon so good RNG I guess if you are looking for Beloved. It was my first drop. Then Drang, then Austringer. Hoping the Calus Mini-tool is next.

Where are these bobbleheads? I didn't even know they were a thing.

58 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Where are these bobbleheads? I didn't even know they were a thing.

The one I found is in the Pleasure Gardens. In the center by the statute with the big hole in front of it - behind the statute is where I found the Bobblehead 

Datto said there will always be a bobblehead in the weekly Sever mission so to make sure to grab it while doing it (He showed a video where he was grabbing it off a ledge so I am assuming that is the one - I haven't done the mission yet)

And then Esoterickk said there is one by one of the bonus chests after a Tier III containment (the third location in the video below). So that one is up to RNG as you only get 2 chests after each Containment completed and there are 5 different locations.

You display them in the Helm room like we did with the Cats and the Moths

• Like 1