DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/21 - 2/27/2022

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

You are all forgetting 1980's Medusa Micelli.  Not that I notice these things.

At the risk of creating a list of 80s/90s wrestling personalities who would be looked at differently if they wore the form-fitting gear of the 2020s

some people on a different forum (r/sc) were making the Nikkita Lyons/Nia Jax comp which wasn’t a diss of Nikkita Lyons. But I could see why Nikkita Lyons would be compared to another tank with amazing hair.

This might be too complex for wrestling, or too close to the Festus bell gimmick, but a Jeckyl/Hyde gimmick where a wrestler is a monster heel in the ring but an upstanding citizen otherwise could be an idea.

46 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

This might be too complex for wrestling, or too close to the Festus bell gimmick, but a Jeckyl/Hyde gimmick where a wrestler is a monster heel in the ring but an upstanding citizen otherwise could be an idea.

Is Bryan Danielson doing that now?

9 hours ago, MADCAP said:

Is she the first wrestling PAWG?

No, but she's the Junkyard PAWG.

We also came up with Eli Cake, Yam Yam Bigelow, Thikky Steamboat, Thot Steiner, and more.

We had fun last night on the twitters.

• Haha 6

Juuuuust gonna throw this out there but there's a lot of folks who consider PAWG to be a pretty racist term. Since this is the internet, y'all can do the Googling yourselves. 

The more you know ?

Edit: this post is purely for educational purposes, because it's something I've seen being discussed elsewhere and it's eye-opening. I'm not accusing anybody of being racist, LuFisto/Grace or anybody here. 

Edited by christopher.annino

The New Day vs Los Lotharios was good again!  Los Lotharios are awesome.  Everything else was pretty good with Natalya taking the Xia match to the really good column.  Sasha/Shotzi Blackheart was good.

• Like 3

The title unification is official. 

One belt gets retired, and the other stays for WWE style unification.  They can always revive the deactivated title in the future but I doubt it. 

IF they retire the WWE title, then the IC and US titles would become the oldest titles in the company at least history and records wise. The lineage (of linking) of the WWE World title would still go on via absorbation into the Universal title.

• Like 1

Nattie/Xia and Sasha/Shotzi were nice while they lasted.

I'm happy to see Team BAD reform. Sasha and Naomi were a nice little team back then, and I've kind of wanted to see them win the tag belts for a while now.

New Day vs. Los Lotharios was so damn good once again.

Sami's segment with Knoxville was solid. I have little interest in a match between the two yet I'm also happy Sami is thought of highly enough to trust with a big celebrity match. 

The contract signing was decent though it does worry me as it makes me think Lesnar might actually win which would be terrible.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if they will end the brand division, so both the Raws Women title and US title will have to be elevated on Raw if they don't end the brand split. Having to book two touring top men's champions on separate brands doesn't matter anymore, because WWE combined the Raw and Smackdown brands live events (houseshows) into one a while ago.

Edited by Blue Dragon

I'd love to see them unify the Women's & Tag Titles too.

One Universal Men Champion, Women's Champion, & Men's Tag Champions, & Women's Tag Champions. They can work both shows and feud with anyone.

All these split up championships really dilute the importance of being champion in my opinion. Keep the brand split if you want. But there's no need to have two separate tag titles when WWE doesn't even give a shit about tag team wrestling.