• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

216082.gif

72284d5aacf8c3b7a87dbac792cb4043f2f307b8

I really hope there's only minimal changes to that Batsuit in the sequel. It's the best Batsuit so far. The cowl, cape and collar especially need to stay. The only change I'd definitely make is adding the head/ears on the Bat Symbol. I might tweak thicker ears on the cowl and a slightly longer cape.

I forgot to mention this year how much I like the grapple gun coming from the gauntlet. One of those "Why didn't I think of that?" ideas.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

I finally watched this over the weekend and really enjoyed it.  It did feel a tad over-long and arresting Riddler early, only for the climax of the film to be Batman vs Riddler's Incel Twitter Followers was certainly a choice.  Still, overall, it was great.

I can see why they cut the original Joker scene (you can see it on HBO Max or YouTube) because, in Reeves' opinion, it gave away Riddler's motivations too early. BUT without establishing Joker early on as a guy Batman already beat, his appearance later comes off too much like a sequel tease and we already had a "first Batman movie in a series teases Joker for the second movie" happen with the Nolan series, so it comes off like a lame retread and I know that teasing Joker for a sequel was not their intention. 

I don't know who the villain should be for the sequel, but I'm just saying that with all the flooding, we have a perfect environment for Killer Croc!  😛

Are they actually continuing this as a series or is it being pushed aside to clear room for the DC Gunnverse? 

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 3:07 PM, Technico Support said:

I finally watched this over the weekend and really enjoyed it.  It did feel a tad over-long and arresting Riddler early, only for the climax of the film to be Batman vs Riddler's Incel Twitter Followers was certainly a choice.  Still, overall, it was great.

I can see why they cut the original Joker scene (you can see it on HBO Max or YouTube) because, in Reeves' opinion, it gave away Riddler's motivations too early. BUT without establishing Joker early on as a guy Batman already beat, his appearance later comes off too much like a sequel tease and we already had a "first Batman movie in a series teases Joker for the second movie" happen with the Nolan series, so it comes off like a lame retread and I know that teasing Joker for a sequel was not their intention. 

I don't know who the villain should be for the sequel, but I'm just saying that with all the flooding, we have a perfect environment for Killer Croc!  😛

Are they actually continuing this as a series or is it being pushed aside to clear room for the DC Gunnverse? 

Agree with all you say. Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and the Phantasm are the villains I want the most in The Batman - Part Two.

In answer to your question, the sequel will be under the Elseworlds label like Joker: Folie a Deux away from the DCU with The Brave and the Bold. The DCU helmed by James Gunn. Hope that helps, Brian.

• Like 1

I finally got around to watching The Batman and overall I enjoyed it. Most of my issues with Batman in it can be explained away with him being new to the job still so I didn't let that bug me too much. Also would have liked it to be a little bit shorter but it didn't feel bloated. 

Easily my favorite batsuit out of all the movies, imposing but not bulky or rubbery. Pattinson did a great job too so I'm looking forward to a sequel. I just watched The Lighthouse this weekend too so I'm officially a fan of him as an actor.

• Like 2