DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

The "give back to the business" line is what gets me the most. You've taken and taken for years and years and you even show up to face a guy who had cancer and had Covid previously while you still have Covid, which people can get multiple times. Dude, you don't give a shit about anybody but #1. 

Wrestling is so fuckin greasy. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

The "give back to the business" line is what gets me the most. You've taken and taken for years and years and you even show up to face a guy who had cancer and had Covid previously while you still have Covid, which people can get multiple times. Dude, you don't give a shit about anybody but #1. 

Wrestling is so fuckin greasy. 

He had Covid when he got the call for the match, not seemingly when the match actually occurred.

• Like 2

Partially random question: if Killshot was my second least favorite wrestler in the world in 2015 or so (Volador, Jr. had him beat) and I haven't seen him since, has Shane Strickland changed/adapted/improved/broadened to a level where I might actually want to watch him now?

2 hours ago, stinger12 said:

Help folks.   I cant advance or go back pages.  I cant go to page 2 or I cant go back to page 1. Buttons do not work.   Its happening on phone and desktop.   Im stuck only teading the 1st and last page of a thread.  Help 

Are you using Chrome mobile? This happened to me and I started using Firefox instead, and haven't had an issue so far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hagan said:

Yeah, kinda going hard in the paint on Bill there. He had Covid when they called him to have the match and he was using this as an example of ya know overcoming adversity and shit. 

I read it as a kind of kayfabe "I coulda beat Reigns but I was weak from Covid" excuse to preserve his legacy with his contract being up.

22 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Road Dogg filed to trademark "Road Dogg BG James". A month ago Billy Gunn filed to trademark "The New Age Outlaws".

Uh oh...

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

Partially random question: if Killshot was my second least favorite wrestler in the world in 2015 or so (Volador, Jr. had him beat) and I haven't seen him since, has Shane Strickland changed/adapted/improved/broadened to a level where I might actually want to watch him now?

He changed his style of ring-gear a time or two...

• Sad 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
7 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Road Dogg just had a heart attack guys. It's for Pro Wrestling Tees money. And not an AEW tag run.

(I hope)

Jeez buying a Road Dogg shirt in 2022 would be like unironically buying a Big Dogs or No Fear shirt in 2022.

Is Road Dogg into DDPY? He should start his own yoga company, because I would buy that shirt. Really I hope he's okay and I should keep my thoughts to myself, but Road Dogg Yoga seems like it would be cool. Really cool. 

... I can't find an emoji to explain myself.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

They were referring to Voodoo Kin Mafia. The terrible TNA group of Billy Gunn Road Dogg and Konan. And I think R-Truth was in it too maybe. They used Vince's initials to be edgy. And challenged DX to a match like Bischoff did with McMahon. Peak TNA cringe.

I had forgotten that and now I’m very angry that I now have to remember again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

They were referring to Voodoo Kin Mafia. The terrible TNA group of Billy Gunn Road Dogg and Konan. And I think R-Truth was in it too maybe. They used Vince's initials to be edgy. And challenged DX to a match like Bischoff did with McMahon. Peak TNA cringe.

Lmao I know but you know that the VKM Kiss My Ass club shirt would sell faster than any Bullet Club shirt ever did. 

25 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Wasn't that the era of Konnan throwing his shoe at someone during the match and getting chants of shoe, shoe, shoe? Best thing he's ever done.

• Haha 1