DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v. 56

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Unless I totally lost my attention span, Snoop didn't get one of his songs on the show, just "Last Episode"?

Yup. Just "Next Episode" and that bit of Still D.R.E.

Also nothing off The Chronic. But time is limited, and he's such a huge part of Dre's career anyway it works.

------

Well this game just shifted in a hurry.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

Also nothing off The Chronic. But time is limited, and he's such a huge part of Dre's career anyway it works.

------

Well this game just shifted in a hurry.

I feel like Nuthin but a G Thang was the biggest exclusion.  That is kind of the quintessential Dr. Dre song for me. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

wonder how complex the rights are for the 1990s Death Row Records catalog these days.. but Snoop did just buy the label, in some sense

So has anyone seen Eminem's hairline recently? Because wearing hood and hat, and him being like 50 years old, might be hiding something.

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I feel like Nuthin but a G Thang was the biggest exclusion.  That is kind of the quintessential Dr. Dre song for me. 

I really thought before it started they would redo that thing from years ago where Dre walks over by a door and you get the "1, 2, 3 and to the 4..." In the middle of the set.

3 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Other than the queen's aforementioned thighs, what was remotely sexual about that half time show?  What did this dude think of the Shakira halftime?  

It is fucking Charlie Kirk.  I am surprised he is even watching the Super Bowl given the white to black people  quota on this.

Well if white people are going to be pissed off by the half time show, the COVID test commercial will outrage them 

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 2

Just now, supremebve said:

Other than the queen's aforementioned thighs, what was remotely sexual about that half time show?  What did this dude think of the Shakira halftime?  

Seriously... Like, I thought the complaints about Shakira and J'Lo were silly, but I understand what they were talking about at least.

This was not sexual at all. Compare it to Prince with the phallic guitar, or Adam Levine taking his shirt off, or... This was low on the sexuality at halftime

Just now, dogwelder said:

Aw, poor Joe Theismann...

I think they were trying to communicate that Joe Namath and Joe Montana are the only two quarterbacks to win a National Title and a Super Bowl, but they never actually made that point clear.  If they win Burrow would be the first to win the Natty, a Heisman, and a Super Bowl.